BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
Butters03
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 128i

DCT Shifting Issues after WOT

2012 135 DCT. 96k miles currently

I performed a fluid exchange at about 70k miles. Used Pentosin fluid, replaced the filters, followed the DIY's that are posted on this site. Did the whole procedure to make sure fluid is at the correct level. I felt like it didn't take enough fluid at the time but it was full so I didn't think to much of it. If I remember right I felt like it should have taken another about 1/2 quart but again it was full so I moved on

Vehicle has driven fine in general. the normal hiccups and whatnot that are common with the DCT are still present however my concern is related to after driving WOT.

For full disclosure I drive like a grandpa a good chunk of the time.

However what I am experiencing is after I do a hard WOT pull or just really get on it in general it will NOT shift out of whatever gear it ends up in when I let off the gas.

example: can get on it hard from about 10mph and push the car to where its in either 3rd or 4th gear after I let off the gas, and the vehicle will stay in that gear... even if the RPMS are high up near 3500 or 4k. it point blank will not shift. however if I switch to manual mode or just hit one of the paddle shifters and MAKE it shift then it will go back to shifting normally.

Does anyone have any idea what I could be looking at here? My first thought is always that I need to revisit the fluid level?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #2
quicksilver3121
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135 M-Sport DCT

There is no issue here. The car is holding the revs since you just went WOT... it's trying to remain in a sporty mode.

I imagine that the car will upshift if you let off the gas completely then give it slight throttle to cruise at a constant speed. It might take a few seconds, but the car will recognize that you are just cruising so it will shift into a more efficient gear.

I'd be more concerned about this issue if the car was not shifting gears even after you told it to. Doesn't sound like any issue here so I wouldn't worry.
Appreciate 0