BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #23
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
The official pics will be revealed at a major autoshow in September. Any news or dates indicating anything apparently is equivalent to a giant jerk-off. And a lousy one at that.
Perfectly said. Here's to hoping there will be some leaked camera-phone pics
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #24
ghotman906
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

ugh! I was so exited 2 get home from work today! and it was all for nothing =[
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #25
PierrePHRWEAUX
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
The precision was in the manipulation of our desire. A nasty little sucker punch that could always be shaded...notice he never says precisely the pics are out on the 19th.
I cleared my schedule so I could be at my computer most of the day- I really just wanted to take in the images and the info.
But that's nothing...Bryan at MWerks says he got up at 2am CST!
I don't know if we can blame it on BMW...or a specific person but I sure didn't enjoy reading the mini-rhapsody about an exclusive party.
No cake.

btw....I wonder if that special guy- you-know-who (hint...not Chris Bangle)- was at the big 1-er shindig?
ahahahah
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #26
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but as the release includes full info in regarding World Wide release including Canada and North America.

Unfortunately a slight delay has appeared in result of development of the new High Precision direct engines for outside Europe.
Due to the high Content levels of sulpher in petrol there is problems adapting the engines to work in the North American and Canadian markets . This has led to the delay in which media release was to be with us in the closing months of May , While there is a current drive for a fix to these problems we will see the release in the first week of July.

High Precision Engines , start-stop and Brake energy regeneration are a key component of BMW's "Efficient Dynamics" programme which is technology that will be featured with the Coupe.

I have a press release and was prepared to share some interesting developments ... But as of of e-mail last night I have been asked not to at this time. But I have several images of the car shot in Sydney , Australia , California and the cities of San Francisco and Los Angles and Munich , Germany.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #27
PierrePHRWEAUX
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding but as the release includes full info in regarding World Wide release including Canada and North America.

Unfortunately a slight delay has appeared in result of development of the new High Precision direct engines for outside Europe.
Due to the high Content levels of sulpher in petrol there is problems adapting the engines to work in the North American and Canadian markets . This has led to the delay in which media release was to be with us in the closing months of May , While there is a current drive for a fix to these problems we will see the release in the first week of July.

High Precision Engines , start-stop and Brake energy regeneration are a key component of BMW's "Efficient Dynamics" programme which is technology that will be featured with the Coupe.

I have a press release and was prepared to share some interesting developments ... But as of of e-mail last night I have been asked not to at this time. But I have several images of the car shot in Sydney , Australia , California and the cities of San Francisco and Los Angles and Munich , Germany.
'High content of sulpher in petrol', so I guess the problem is for diesel fuel?
If yes, I have an idea to fix it: NO diesel in any BMW sport coupé.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #28
123d
Rep
Drives:

And, btw, Canada is in North America...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #29
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123d View Post
Yes, and weren't they supposed to leak official pr pics yesterday due to high
sulphur content in RCMP's pants?
Can't wait for night shot of SF/coupe-combo maybe Brooklyn bridge in bkgrnd.
Oh well,I get it wrong too.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #30
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Haha..
      06-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #31
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierrePHRWEAUX View Post
'High content of sulpher in petrol', so I guess the problem is for diesel fuel?
If yes, I have an idea to fix it: NO diesel in any BMW sport coupé.
I think he means that the petrol(=gasoline) sold in the US has sulpher contents too high for the N53 direct injection engine.

If this means that BMW is actually planning on ditching the Valvetronic N52's and start sending N53's to the US, I would be very happy.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #32
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinzero View Post
I think he means that the petrol(=gasoline) sold in the US has sulpher contents too high for the N53 direct injection engine.

If this means that BMW is actually planning on ditching the Valvetronic N52's and start sending N53's to the US, I would be very happy.
Yes, but if this is so , then isn't this a very big engineering job...to retune an engine in order to run efficiently on a fuel that it isn't designed to use?

I hate to say it, but....more delays?

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #33
PierrePHRWEAUX
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
hahahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 11:18 PM   #34
123d
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

Well, if is he talking about the gasoline... then how can the 328 and 335 be here? Since it is my guess those are the same engines that are coming in the 1 series.

I suspect it has to do with diesel since that is the fuel that has sulpher issues.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 12:56 AM   #35
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Well, if is he talking about the gasoline... then how can the 328 and 335 be here? Since it is my guess those are the same engines that are coming in the 1 series.

I suspect it has to do with diesel since that is the fuel that has sulpher issues.
There IS a sulphur issue with North American petrol(=gas, not diesel) as well. It has been reported that the reason US market is not getting the N53(precision injection) and are stuck with the N52(valvetronic) is because of the sulphur contents of NA petrol. I can't seem to find the article though. I think it was on the new X3 3.0si, but I forgot what magazine it was.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 01:15 AM   #36
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Seems some of you guys haven't heard of the infamous BMW Nikasil problem. Google it. Can you say deja vu?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #37
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Canada IS North America. We just let the US and Mexico hang around for shits and giggles... :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #38
123d
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
There IS a sulphur issue with North American petrol(=gas, not diesel) as well. It has been reported that the reason US market is not getting the N53(precision injection) and are stuck with the N52(valvetronic) is because of the sulphur contents of NA petrol. I can't seem to find the article though. I think it was on the new X3 3.0si, but I forgot what magazine it was.
I stand corrected. I think my enthusiasm for a diesel is clouding my thought process :frown:
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #39
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maq View Post
Seems some of you guys haven't heard of the infamous BMW Nikasil problem. Google it. Can you say deja vu?
That scenario would assume that there is something wrong with the Valvetronic engines, which clearly there arent.
Appreciate 0