BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #23
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
There is alot of backstory on this we're not getting.

And TBH, this is all well over your head. Bring it to a pro and have it ALL repaired.
This^^
Matticus913469.50
      12-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #24
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstafa View Post
hey sorry for the late reply, I bought the Carly app and the adapter to get the scans you recommended and was wondering if you recommend anything else. I turned it on today....

I would clear those codes(since you have them saved here) and see which codes come back. Who knows who has been playing around under your hood and triggered those codes. Clear them and see which ones come right back.

I still have no idea what your car's problem is. This just started up out of the blue? No work was done to the car prior to this engine shutting off problem.

Just bc you are buying your oil at FCP doesn't mean it's the correct viscocity or of the correct oil LL1 rating. ?

Also... starting up the engine and letting it run for 30 minutes doesn't charge the battery. The car's charging system is a "smart" system... it only charges the battery WHILE you are driving and WHEN the engine revs are decelerating(falling).

I think your car's problems are beyond your "skill set" and you should go find a competent mechanic who knows about working BMW's.

good luck,
Dackel
Appreciate 1
Gangplank1538.50
      12-24-2018, 04:18 PM   #25
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Quote:
hey sorry for the late reply, I bought the Carly app and the adapter to get the scans you recommended and was wondering if you recommend anything else. I turned it on today....

I would clear those codes(since you have them saved here) and see which codes come back. Who knows who has been playing around under your hood and triggered those codes. Clear them and see which ones come right back.

I still have no idea what your car's problem is. This just started up out of the blue? No work was done to the car prior to this engine shutting off problem.

Just bc you are buying your oil at FCP doesn't mean it's the correct viscocity or of the correct oil LL1 rating. ?

Also... starting up the engine and letting it run for 30 minutes doesn't charge the battery. The car's charging system is a "smart" system... it only charges the battery WHILE you are driving and WHEN the engine revs are decelerating(falling).

I think your car's problems are beyond your "skill set" and you should go find a competent MECHANIC who knows about working BMW's.

good luck,
Dackel
Fixed it for ya.
      07-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #26
dewana421
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 535i 2012

Quote:
the car been off for about a week. i start it ones a week to charge the battery for 30m. i don't drive it as i don't want to damage anything. oil lvl is at half between min-max. no oil leaks under the car or cover. a lot are recommending to take it to a shop and have it fix but the issue is we don't have enough funds to spend on it as of yet.
Did you find out what the issue was?
Appreciate 0