BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #23
kutch
Private
Rep
Drives:

NIxon,
Agreed...
I'm at a point in my life where outright 0-60 is not as important.
Handling, Longevity, Reputation and right about now, MPG...IS...
If they can truly produce a car that gets super high MPG, performs closely to its petrol cousins, and they don't UPcharge through the roof for the diesel option....I'll be ready.

So yes, they have my attention again...They better not drop the ball on this one.

Kutch
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #24
Spoonie
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugtechnik View Post
I take offense to that! :wink: I'm looking at trading my Civic for a 135 and giving our 325 to my wife. I bought the Civic when that's all I could afford.

Now, if you mean those cool ricers, then I would agree with you.:biggrin:

Sorry, I meant the ricers :smile:
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #25
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

Kutch,

I think you and I are part of the demographic that gets drawn into the dealership by the 135i, but then buys the more practical/affordable model below it. We're a huge part of BMW's sales, since BMW's bread and butter comes from selling large numbers of cars that are not the top of the range. Like the 328's and 528's right now.

I hope if BMW folks are reading this board, that they see us as a completely different demographic as 135i potential buyers. And I hope they get the message that our part of the demographic wants to see the 123d imported as the one we will buy after being drawn in by the 135i.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #26
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII M235i, 2004 Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Kutch,

I think you and I are part of the demographic that gets drawn into the dealership by the 135i, but then buys the more practical/affordable model below it. We're a huge part of BMW's sales, since BMW's bread and butter comes from selling large numbers of cars that are not the top of the range. Like the 328's and 528's right now.

I hope if BMW folks are reading this board, that they see us as a completely different demographic as 135i potential buyers. And I hope they get the message that our part of the demographic wants to see the 123d imported as the one we will buy after being drawn in by the 135i.
Count me in this demographic as well. The thought of a 135i will definitely get me in the door, but if available a 123d might be a more likely choice for my dollars. The engine in the 123d reminds me a lot of the Eta engine in the 325e that I had back in '84.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #27
Flugtechnik
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Kutch,

I agree. I would probably settle for the 128 if I could get it with the 135 aero kit. The spy shots of the 128 looked kind of boring. The front intake and the lower ride height of the 135 make a big difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #28
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

I just can't help feeling this car will be the bmw boxster. Quality car that has some benefits over its more expensive siblings but also has that "daddy bought me my first car" image.

I'm cool with it but if I were completely honest it does bother me a little and I hope it doesn't go that route.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #29
Big Red One
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
I just can't help feeling this car will be the bmw boxster. Quality car that has some benefits over its more expensive siblings but also has that "daddy bought me my first car" image.
It's already that way with the 3er, and to a certain extent the 5er. I can't tell you how many blond, barely out of their teens trophy wives I see tooling around in 3-series'. It's so frustrating seeing someone drive a vehicle when you KNOW they have no appreciation for what it's capable of.

If it's like that in this quiet little plains-state burgh I live in, I can't imagine what it must be like on one of the coasts. As I see it, it can't be much worse with the 1er.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 09:09 AM   #30
RP///M
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Ill be 23 maybe 24(depends on price) when I go to get the 135i.

I will hopefully be working at Atomic Energy Canada, process engineer.

I will spend way more than I should for a car, more than I will likely make in a year:iono:.

I will spend a crazy amount of money on insurance upwards of 600 a month.

Why?
Because I already love the car.

I have owned two E36's, a 95 320i (MontrealBlau Metallic) miss that colour a lot, and a 95 325i (Hellrot). Both are sedans. The 325 is modified, no real engine work, want to learn the car before I powered her up.
So im used to throwing around a car about that size.

I guess it would be fair to call me an enthusiast. But since I heard about the 135i I have been bordering on obsession for her. Comes up multipe times per day in conversation regardless of who it is.

I would have assumed that I would be in the basic demographic for this car, but thinking about it, a lot of people my age are still in school. some others have loans to pay for school, I have paid my own way through, so I dont have much in terms of loans.

So I guess it would be around 25 to 45, 40 is not that old anymore (I have partied with some 40yr olds:drinking. Realisticly unless you have a lot of other expenses, its not impossible to afford this car on a 40,000/yr (CAD) or up income.

So that would be what? Middle class? that is a large demographic I think.

At first I do plan to lease, maybe ED to save a few bucks and get a "free" trip.

I would buy the car but being first gen im worried about issues. Dont want an issues in the long run, if anyone can recall the plastic waterpump impellers on the e36 (I do Twice) not to mention the plastic rad necks. I am also hopeing that it comes, eventually, in a ix flavour.

That being said it will be garaged in the winter, incase i endup buying it, and to keep the km's low(right now I drive about 1000km's a week:eyebulge

Well that turned out to be pretty long, also this being my first post, might as well say hi.

HI!!!
Appreciate 0