BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: How would you vote if Ford's allegations against Kavanaugh were somehow proven true?
Yes 12 24.00%
No 38 76.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

10-03-2018, 07:32 PM   #45
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Agreed, when he took the Trump/Hillary and many other politician way out and started blaming this on a conspiracy. That almost always makes me think they are hiding something. And yah he is full of crap/outright lying IMO with a lot of his answers about drinking and things in his yearbook etc.
Itís a politically sad state of affairs. If the president can make false and baseless claims or assail a free and open press that publishes something he doesnít like then any other political hopeful can, with impunity, do the same. That includes Kavanaugh who spews a conspiracy theory in his nomination hearing. As far as Iím concerned he fits in perfectly with the spineless Republican leadership whose only job is to politically masturbate the president.
Appreciate 2
minn194631.00

10-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #46
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
It would be nearly impossible to prove she did this knowing it was a false accusation. Compared to, say, that she was convinced it was Kavanaugh that did it but evidence showed it couldn't have been him. That's my point.
But when this is over, Kavanaugh can sue her for every cent she is worth and will ever earn. And bankruptcy does not discharge a court settlement.

Only a MAJORITY is required for him to win the suit. He doesn't need to "prove" a thing. Even if mentally deranged..she accused him and possibly destroyed a career. Ford won't approach his career standing in a thousand lifetimes.
Kavanaugh can certainly try. Even in a civil suit you need a preponderance of evidence. Good luck on that.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2018, 05:55 AM   #47
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

This is a silly poll, in America anyone who tried to rape a woman is not fit to be a judge!

Next poll idea, if you were found guilty of torturing disabled kids, should you be a supreme court justice?
Appreciate 3
________2123.00
Violator2320.00
Run Silent7645.00

10-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #48
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: _

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
This is a silly poll, in America anyone who tried to rape a woman is not fit to be a judge!

Next poll idea, if you were found guilty of torturing disabled kids, should you be a supreme court justice?
The ludicrous part is that 8 people still voted yes! LOL
Appreciate 4
minn194631.00
anglo26071.00
Sea-Tac1357.00

10-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #49
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
The ludicrous part is that 8 people still voted yes! LOL
Exactly, the poll results themselves are proof that it's not a "silly poll".
Appreciate 3
________2123.00
minn194631.00
Sea-Tac1357.00

10-08-2018, 10:32 AM   #50
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! The Emperor of Lilliput has spoken.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #51
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Besides he is such a typical devout hypocritical Catholic that he is praying for her.

Careful here, please. As a practicing Christian, this is a very offensive stereotype.

Are their 'some' devout Catholics who are hypocritical? Yes.

Is it 'typical'? Of course not.

This is just as offensive to me as it would be to a devout Muslim to say that all those who practice Islam are terrorists - which is of course not true in the slightest.

Please watch your assumptions, they can be quite hurtful - and when you use such a generalization, it hinders rather than helps your argument.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer11153.50
rad doc190.50
Sea-Tac1357.00

10-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #52
Slaney
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG M2

kind of like the saying a tiger cannot change its stripes. I agree its all hearsay at this point but I went to a prep school, not at the level of these scumbags but close enough to know he's more than likely a douche...just like our president. I can't say I believe her when we are in a he said, she said situation, but I don't believe him either. I would tend to agree that his behavior speaks to HER telling the truth. I'm a competitive tennis player and I can usually learn all I need to know about a person after a serious match - whether they cheat, they're temperament, etc. Actions speak louder than words....

Last edited by Slaney; 10-08-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1357.00

10-08-2018, 10:59 AM   #53
The0pportunist
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F13

LOL - is this real life!

You gave this man a lifelong position in the highest court but only gave 1 week to investigate the serious allegations against him.

Why was this rushed ? Why not delay the appointment for a few months while a thorough investigation is done. It's a lifelong position for goodness sake!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #54
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
LOL - is this real life!

You gave this man a lifelong position in the highest court but only gave 1 week to investigate the serious allegations against him.

Why was this rushed ? Why not delay the appointment for a few months while a thorough investigation is done. It's a lifelong position for goodness sake!
Are you seriously that politically obtuse? Delay for 1 month when there is potential for Democrats to take control of both chambers of Congress and then completely block any nomination till the next presidential election? Based on claims that nobody could corroborate? Surely you can see that is a very poor strategy regardless of your party affiliation. I can guarantee Democrats would have done exactly the same. And why do you assume 1 week is insufficient time?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 11:36 AM   #55
NormanConquest
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Are you seriously that politically obtuse? Delay for 1 month when there is potential for Democrats to take control of both chambers of Congress and then completely block any nomination till the next presidential election? Based on claims that nobody could corroborate? Surely you can see that is a very poor strategy regardless of your party affiliation. I can guarantee Democrats would have done exactly the same. And why do you assume 1 week is insufficient time?
Remember the FBI was able to go through 600,000 email on Weiner computer in 2 days.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #56
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Careful here, please. As a practicing Christian, this is a very offensive stereotype.

Are their 'some' devout Catholics who are hypocritical? Yes.

Is it 'typical'? Of course not.

This is just as offensive to me as it would be to a devout Muslim to say that all those who practice Islam are terrorists - which is of course not true in the slightest.

Please watch your assumptions, they can be quite hurtful - and when you use such a generalization, it hinders rather than helps your argument.

Thank you for your comment. I can appreciate your sensitivity and sentiment. I understand you may be hurt by the comment. I would ask that you consider the hurt and pain inflicted by this church on others as well. If my opinion casts the religion in a stereotypical fashion then so be it. My comments stand.

I was raised in the faith, went to very exclusive and private Jesuit schools including university for grad school. I am ashamed by the abuse thousands of young children, young men and young women around the world were subjected to by preying vicious, sick animals called priests. Their hurt, pain and suffering far outweighs the good done by this religion. As far as I am concerned the last great Christian died on a cross 2000 years ago.

If Christ were to walk the earth today, I doubt he would consider this the church of St. Peter. And just like he did more than 2000 years ago when he cast the money changers from the temple, he'd cast the leadership of this sick institution called the Holy See into the sewer where they belong.

When the leadership of this church erects a monument of apology in the middle of St. Peter's Square with the name of every person physically and sexually attacked by their clergy I will change my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #57
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
As far as I am concerned the last great Christian died on a cross 2000 years ago.
Christ was not a Christian. Christian means someone that follows Christ.

Christianity is a faith and its validity is not measured by those who claim to be a Christian. People are imperfect and fail. Christians fail - not Christianity.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 7
________2123.00
MKSixer11153.50
Run Silent7645.00
anglo26071.00

10-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #58
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you for your comment. I can appreciate your sensitivity and sentiment. I understand you may be hurt by the comment. I would ask that you consider the hurt and pain inflicted by this church on others as well. If my opinion casts the religion in a stereotypical fashion then so be it. My comments stand.

I was raised in the faith, went to very exclusive and private Jesuit schools including university for grad school. I am ashamed by the abuse thousands of young children, young men and young women around the world were subjected to by preying vicious, sick animals called priests. Their hurt, pain and suffering far outweighs the good done by this religion. As far as I am concerned the last great Christian died on a cross 2000 years ago.

If Christ were to walk the earth today, I doubt he would consider this the church of St. Peter. And just like he did more than 2000 years ago when he cast the money changers from the temple, he'd cast the leadership of this sick institution called the Holy See into the sewer where they belong.

When the leadership of this church erects a monument of apology in the middle of St. Peter's Square with the name of every person physically and sexually attacked by their clergy I will change my opinion.

Your subsequent post with respect to my concern quite possibly increased my offense, rather than placated it. Unsure if that was your intent.

At this point, I am going to refrain from further comment.

Regards.
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread