BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2019, 04:20 PM   #45
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I hear nothing but the beautiful sound of my PE.

Oh yeah, that's what you like to debate about.

PS - I'll take my PS4S over 'no seasons' any day. lol
Yeah, my tires are so much quieter that I don’t need to remove my resonator to hear my exhaust!
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2019, 04:26 PM   #46
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Yeah, my tires are so much quieter that I don't need to remove my resonator to hear my exhaust!
If that's what you think you really are clueless, or just too cheap to buy a real exhaust. I think the latter.
      02-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #47
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
If that's what you think you really are clueless, or just too cheap to buy a real exhaust. I think the latter.
Wait, I'm sorry. Apparently my kidding around isn't coming through in my posts. I'm just joking about the tire noise. I can't think of a better tire to run in SoCal than the PS4S.

As far as the resonator, it has nothing to do with cheap. I'm probably too cheap to buy an Akrapovic exhaust, but not the BMW Performance exhaust. I mean, I just spent thousands on suspension this past week. As I've mentioned before, I've considered doing the exhaust mod simply because, if I buy the Performance exhaust, I wouldn't use the y-pipe, and I prefer the black tips of the M-sport exhaust.

Anyways, to the OP, when it comes to tires, I'd ditch the run-flats and run straight to Michelin.
Appreciate 1
Esteban43610.00
      02-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #48
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Wait, I'm sorry. Apparently my kidding around isn't coming through in my posts. I'm just joking about the tire noise. I can't think of a better tire to run in SoCal than the PS4S.

As far as the resonator, it has nothing to do with cheap. I'm probably too cheap to buy an Akrapovic exhaust, but not the BMW Performance exhaust. I mean, I just spent thousands on suspension this past week. As I've mentioned before, I've considered doing the exhaust mod simply because, if I buy the Performance exhaust, I wouldn't use the y-pipe, and I prefer the black tips of the M-sport exhaust.

Anyways, to the OP, when it comes to tires, I'd ditch the run-flats and run straight to Michelin.
I'm sorry too. Didn't mean to offend.

Speaking about the black exhaust tips, I believe there have been some who put them over the PE tips, with a little work. Do a search here for more info on it.

Sorry for the derailment, OP.

Proceed... lol