BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-29-2018, 10:41 PM   #397
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
bmw1racer's Avatar
United_States
723
Rep
3,551
Posts

Drives: 2012 128i E82 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^ I wouldn't have made a bid on that thing... The case is nicer than the car.
__________________
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2018, 08:17 AM   #398
joao.toscano
Private First Class
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
83
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Anyone knows if there's a miniature for the 140i?

Cheers,


P.S.- Can also anyone please PM with where I can find topics and threads about the BMW 140i?
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i - BlackVue DR650GW-2CH/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #399
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8090
Rep
9,284
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
I used a Canon PowerShot SX40 HS, I only use it in Auto mode as I struggle in Manual mode even though I can set it to Macro mode.

I am not clever enough to adjust the exposure and aperture modes in Macro mode

I think it was harder for the camera to focus on two models compared to just one model on its own, I also think that photographing either white or black models on a white background didn't help me.

I am curios if it will be easier to try again when the Green M2 comes out as I already have a green 1M.

I also use a Portable 40cm Camera Studio Lighting Kit as well.




White models benefit from top lighting to create shadows in the details. I see that you use only two front facing lights, which will light the background as much as your subject. A 3rd top light will give you a bit more separation and create a more dramatic effect. I wouldn't use the lights in that configuration pictured either. I would move then to the side panels. and let them diffuse through. It will get rid of those bright shiny spots on the model. You can shine a 3rd top light through the top panel. I've posted this pic here before, but it shows what I'm talking about:

Norev 118 by JMG, on Flickr


This is on a white paper background. I use daylight 5000k 100w bulbs. I think I used 3 lights here and exposed for the white car, which allowed the white background to be darker.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i

Last edited by jmg; 06-01-2018 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 3
      06-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #400
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Anyone knows if there's a miniature for the 140i?

Cheers,


P.S.- Can also anyone please PM with where I can find topics and threads about the BMW 140i?
Are you looking for an Alpine White F20 5-door M140i?

If so I don't think that there is a model available

I think this is as close as you can get in white, a Paragon Mineral White F20 5-door

Search for BMW part number "80432210021" or "80 43 2 210 021"


1:18th scale BMW F20 1-Series 2012 onwards manufactured by PARAGON

BMW Dealership versions
80 43 2 210 020 - BMW F20 125i sapphire black
80 43 2 210 021 - BMW F20 125i mineral white
80 43 2 210 022 - BMW F20 125i glacier silver

General releases
PA-97004 - BMW F20 125i crimson red
PA-97005 - BMW F20 125i midnight blue
PA-97006 - BMW F20 125i sparkling bronze

Cancelled models
PA-97001 - BMW F20 1er black sapphire metallic
PA-97002 - BMW F20 1er mineral white
PA-97003 - BMW F20 1er glacier silver



Paragon "Mineral White" F20 5-door, BMW part number "80432210021" or "80 43 2 210 021"
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #401
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
^ I wouldn't have made a bid on that thing... The case is nicer than the car.
I know one thing I would not have paid that much either unless it was a 1er and then I think I would have cried if I paid that much for a $1.00 Hot Wheels.
Appreciate 2
Dackelone9376.00
bmw1racer723.00

      06-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #402
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
White models benefit from top lighting to create shadows in the details. I see that you use only two front facing lights, which will light the background as much as your subject. A 3rd top light will give you a bit more separation and create a more dramatic effect. I wouldn't use the lights in that configuration pictured either. I would move then to the side panels. and let them diffuse through. It will get rid of those bright shiny spots on the model. You can shine a 3rd top light through the top panel. I've posted this pic here before, but it shows what I'm talking about:

Norev 118 by JMG, on Flickr


This is on a white paper background. I use daylight 5000k 100w bulbs. I think I used 3 lights here and exposed for the white car, which allowed the white background to be darker.

Thank for the help guys, I do point the two light through the sides but I was lazy and nicked the example photo from eBay just to show the photo booth.

I smoke a lot and I have stupidly left the booth out for months without putting it away so it is possible that the booth has changed colour to of white

I plan to buy another booth as they are only £20.00, I will have four lights then so I can then try a third light on the top of the booth.

I will have to get a friend to put a shelf on the wall so that I can place the third light on it, I am a wheelchair user so I won't be able to reach it though

LOL I place the photo booth on the kitchen table and I have to watch I donít burn my armpits when I switch the red hot lights off Ha Ha

Another thing that I did pick up from the links that bmw1racer gave me was taking the photos in the dark at night instead of leaving my kitchen tube light on and that helped.

I saw my first 1:1 M2 today in the fleash and my 1:1 photos are a lot better either, call me a 1er snob but I don't understand the looks of the M2 from the front

Cotswold BMW Cheltenham UK
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...dfMjExUE5HUURB


Last edited by Diamondblackcars; 06-02-2018 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C3088.00

      06-01-2018, 10:55 PM   #403
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

eBay seller grana_toys_okc aka Darren has dropped the price of the new Red Hot Wheels 2016 BMW M2 from $5.99 to $1.99.

I have just bought some to decorate an Xmas tree next Xmas, there are only 8 left.

2016 BMW M2 #254 Red Factory Fresh 2018 Hot Wheels Case L
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-BMW-M2...EAAOSwqDha~0n8


Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C3088.00

      06-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #404
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8090
Rep
9,284
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post

I will have to get a friend to put a shelf on the wall so that I can place the third light on it, I am a wheelchair user so I won't be able to reach it though
I actually use an architect swing arm lamp like this:



https://www.amazon.com/ToJane-Living...n%3A5571382011

That way it's much easier to move around and place exactly where I want it. Hope this helps!
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2018, 03:18 AM   #405
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I actually use an architect swing arm lamp like this:

That way it's much easier to move around and place exactly where I want it. Hope this helps!
Thank you that is the perfect solution for what I need.

I found this one in the UK that stands on the desk and clamps to the desk as well.

Alba Architect Lamp ALB00861 EAN 3129710008612


Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 04:09 AM   #406
joao.toscano
Private First Class
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
83
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks a lot! Any thoughts ow the M140i is not available?

Br,
Joao


Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
Are you looking for an Alpine White F20 5-door M140i?

If so I don't think that there is a model available

I think this is as close as you can get in white, a Paragon Mineral White F20 5-door

Search for BMW part number "80432210021" or "80 43 2 210 021"


1:18th scale BMW F20 1-Series 2012 onwards manufactured by PARAGON

BMW Dealership versions
80 43 2 210 020 - BMW F20 125i sapphire black
80 43 2 210 021 - BMW F20 125i mineral white
80 43 2 210 022 - BMW F20 125i glacier silver

General releases
PA-97004 - BMW F20 125i crimson red
PA-97005 - BMW F20 125i midnight blue
PA-97006 - BMW F20 125i sparkling bronze

Cancelled models
PA-97001 - BMW F20 1er black sapphire metallic
PA-97002 - BMW F20 1er mineral white
PA-97003 - BMW F20 1er glacier silver



Paragon "Mineral White" F20 5-door, BMW part number "80432210021" or "80 43 2 210 021"
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i - BlackVue DR650GW-2CH/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2018, 11:39 AM   #407
BAN_M2C
Colonel
BAN_M2C's Avatar
United_States
3088
Rep
2,568
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sunshine State

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
eBay seller grana_toys_okc aka Darren has dropped the price of the new Red Hot Wheels 2016 BMW M2 from $5.99 to $1.99.

I have just bought some to decorate an Xmas tree next Xmas, there are only 8 left.

2016 BMW M2 #254 Red Factory Fresh 2018 Hot Wheels Case L
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-BMW-M2...EAAOSwqDha~0n8


What?!!? The car isn't even offered red from BMW Hotwheels is drunk and needs to go home!

Thanks for looking out and posting this one, I ordered one to add to the collection!
__________________
2019 M2 Competition Ordered
2017 LBB M2|2011 BSM 135i|Follow me on IG
2019 M2 Competition|2017 LBB M2 (Sold)|2011 BSM 135i|1974 Granarot 2002
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #408
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Thanks a lot! Any thoughts ow the M140i is not available?

Br,
Joao
I would say that BMW there selves probably wont produce a M140i model now that they have already released the other F20 versions.

You never know with the aftermarket model manufactures though.

Spark models for example have said that they are going to release these two BMW E30's from the late 80's and early 90's.

Spark 1:43 Alpina B6 3.5 (E30) Black S2808
Spark 1:43 Alpina B6 3.5 (E30) S2809

Also in recent years manufactures like OttoMobile and GT Spirit have released a load of older model vehicles that donít seem to have ever been released.

OttoMobile and GT Spirit
https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=...H9Z4q3EJICF2M:

There is another fellow member that posts on here that really knows his BMW models and unlike me who has to look it up he would know instantly whether there were any F20's with an M Sport body kit.

I am a BMW nut but I started collecting the BMW MINI when it first came out and MINI haven't bothered to release any decent models for a few years now which really annoys me.

This is pitiful MINI line up that hasnít changed in over a year or two, it consists of two 1:18 and four 1:64 scale models and three 1:36 scale pullback toys.

Miniatures
https://shop.mini.com/mini-com/en_US...2BTO%2B16%255D

Appreciate 2
      06-04-2018, 06:10 AM   #409
joao.toscano
Private First Class
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
83
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks Diamondblackcars!

Would be really cool if I could get a small replica of my M140i.

Cheers buddy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
I would say that BMW there selves probably wont produce a M140i model now that they have already released the other F20 versions.

You never know with the aftermarket model manufactures though.

Spark models for example have said that they are going to release these two BMW E30's from the late 80's and early 90's.

Spark 1:43 Alpina B6 3.5 (E30) Black S2808
Spark 1:43 Alpina B6 3.5 (E30) S2809

Also in recent years manufactures like OttoMobile and GT Spirit have released a load of older model vehicles that donít seem to have ever been released.

OttoMobile and GT Spirit
https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=...H9Z4q3EJICF2M:

There is another fellow member that posts on here that really knows his BMW models and unlike me who has to look it up he would know instantly whether there were any F20's with an M Sport body kit.

I am a BMW nut but I started collecting the BMW MINI when it first came out and MINI haven't bothered to release any decent models for a few years now which really annoys me.

This is pitiful MINI line up that hasnít changed in over a year or two, it consists of two 1:18 and four 1:64 scale models and three 1:36 scale pullback toys.

Miniatures
https://shop.mini.com/mini-com/en_US...2BTO%2B16%255D

__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i - BlackVue DR650GW-2CH/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2018, 01:01 PM   #410
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Can you spot the the mistake on the BMW website






Miniature MBW M1 Procar Heritage Racing.

Product details
Article Number: 80432454788

Miniature BMW M1 Procar. All doors, bonnet and boot can be opened. Special Edition Heritage Collection.

Colour: White / Motorsport
Material: Die-cast metal with plastic parts
Scale: 1:18
Appreciate 1
bmw1racer723.00

      06-04-2018, 09:38 PM   #411
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
bmw1racer's Avatar
United_States
723
Rep
3,551
Posts

Drives: 2012 128i E82 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^Seeing those homage cars gave me a dry heave.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #412
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Thanks Diamondblackcars!

Would be really cool if I could get a small replica of my M140i.

Cheers buddy
Keep an eye on this webpage

Miniatures
https://shop.bmw.com/bmw-com/en_US/l...2BTO%2B16%255D
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 10:18 PM   #413
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
^Seeing those homage cars gave me a dry heave.
A couple more Minichamps BMW MOTORSPORT tri coloured models and a plain white.

Did you like the BMW websites own 1:18 scale "MBW M1 Procar"?

Minichamps has just released a correctly named BMW M1 Procar as well in 1:12th, with two more to be released in a few weeks.



125792903 BMW M1 PROCAR – BMW MOTORSPORT – DIDIER PIRONI – PROCAR SERIES 1979


125792901 BMW M1 PROCAR – WHITE – 1979


125792906 BMW M1 PROCAR – BMW MOTORSPORT – NELSON PIQUET – PROCAR SERIES 1979

Last edited by Diamondblackcars; 06-29-2018 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 01:34 AM   #414
joao.toscano
Private First Class
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
83
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hell yeah!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
Keep an eye on this webpage

Miniatures
https://shop.bmw.com/bmw-com/en_US/l...2BTO%2B16%255D
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i - BlackVue DR650GW-2CH/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #415
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
bmw1racer's Avatar
United_States
723
Rep
3,551
Posts

Drives: 2012 128i E82 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
Did you like the BMW websites own 1:18 scale "MBW M1 Procar"?
MBW = Mercedes Benz Werke?
__________________
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2018, 04:18 PM   #416
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9376
Rep
22,993
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
Can you spot the the mistake on the BMW website
I don't see it. What is the deal that's wrong ?
__________________
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #417
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
486
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I don't see it. What is the deal that's wrong ?
BMW called it a MBW

Appreciate 2
Dackelone9376.00
jmg8090.00

      06-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #418
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9376
Rep
22,993
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
BMW called it a MBW
Damn! I must have looked at that ten times. lol
Thanks again for posting.

Dackel
__________________
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST