BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
tomtuning
JB4 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

UNKNOWN PART! Trunk Foam Insert (TPMS / RDC Module Mount)

Hello all,

Recently my trunk was left open in the rain, resulting in about a foot of water covering my battery, amp (behind trunk liner on driver's side) and RDC tire pressure module (behind trunk liner on the passenger side).

The amp is somehow completely fine, although my driver's side subwoofer blew as a result. In addition, my TPMS module (RDC module) also failed. THIS is the part I purchased to replace the dead one. It is functioning but I do not have anywhere to mount it as I seem to have lost the massive foam insert that resides behind the trunk liner on the passenger's side. This part was lost when I brought it inside to dry and a family member threw it out thinking it was shipping material..

I have been searching for about two hours now and called two BMW dealerships to ask the part guys for help. No one has been able to figure out what part number is associated with the foam insert that holds the RDC module.

If someone knows about this part or what it is called, I would be greatly appreciative of your help. If an owner of an e82 can pull back the passenger side trunk liner and inspect the foam insert holding the RDC module I will FOREVER be in your debt.

Part number for RDC module: 6 785 279
Location of foam: Passenger's side (US) Trunk, behind the trunk liner.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: I dug through my trash and found it! The part number is 527582 11 - which is the same part number as the jack stand... no wonder the dealers couldn't find it. Here are some pictures of the part:

Last edited by tomtuning; 02-10-2017 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #2
CIDCrazyJay
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black '11 128i

tomtuning, I just wanted to let you know this is the most valuable post I've seen in a long time.

Why?

Because I was trying to locate the RDC module in my 1er to disconnect it before coding out TPMS and activating FTM.

Google would not return a correct result for the one series when searching for those topics, a guy comes across E90s or Suvs which have it next to the battery or even mounted inside the rear undertray/wheel liner. The Realoem diagrams did not show the RDC location, only the components, and the foam chunk here is called something like "equipment mount" located under the vehicle trim/trunk liner page. (This pice is only $21 from ec$, btw).

This post has all the right key words, description of the location and even photos to show where I needed to look. Saved me jacking up the car, removing wheels and wheel well liners to look in the wrong places.

So thank You!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
ghost135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Has anyone been able to buy this from ANYWHERE? My Passive go module exploded and fused itself to this resulting in me needing to cut it out of the foam... I need a new one.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #4
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost135i View Post
Has anyone been able to buy this from ANYWHERE? My Passive go module exploded and fused itself to this resulting in me needing to cut it out of the foam... I need a new one.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw+61352996638
Appreciate 0