BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #45
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

If the roads/streets are very bad where you live rather than fretting with the suspension just get yourself 18" (or even 17") wheels with 'not so low' profile tires (and keep the 19" for the track outings with high-performance soft rubber), it will do a lot more for the ride (and be cheaper) than messing with the suspension settings that those M engineers spent many laps on the ring setting up. And as a bonus you can get access to cheaper longer lasting 'every day' rubber to wear out while commuting (or snow tires for Quebecois winters in your case )
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #46
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m aw (kwv3) meisterschaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
If the roads/streets are very bad where you live rather than fretting with the suspension just get yourself 18" (or even 17") wheels with 'not so low' profile tires (and keep the 19" for the track outings with high-performance soft rubber), it will do a lot more for the ride (and be cheaper) than messing with the suspension settings that those M engineers spent many laps on the ring setting up. And as a bonus you can get access to cheaper longer lasting 'every day' rubber to wear out while commuting (or snow tires for Quebecois winters in your case )
Good point!, anyway I want to keep the amazing M suspension.. the only thing bothering me is the ride height..

BTW: for the first time in my life I have a winter car.. so MY 1M will NEVER see the stupid and extreme winter in Montreal
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #47
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

btw for the people planning for wider wheels/lowering, the 1M already has rolled fenders in the rear, and seemed partially done in the front

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #48
Ohcrap
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135 M-Sport

Good to know, thanks for the post! And YVES1M, LOL, I know the feeling, I probably won't even drive mine if it's raining!
Appreciate 0