BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
acrist
Rep
Drives: 2008 i135

MHD and tunes or JB4+ MHD for non-stock turbo + meth?

Happy New Year every one! Wish you all luck and no problems with you bimmers

I can't make right decision on what the best way to go with my n54 135i mt.
Current specs:
1. Stock turbos
2. Catless stock DPs
3. Original Wagner EVO2 IC
4. MHD OTS any stage for RON95/E40
5. M3/1M rear subframe with lsd (3.15) diff (arms, breaks, etc)
6. Front arms M3/1M
7. Front rotors Z4M with HAWK HP+ pads
8. ST XTA coils
Current results:
Name:  IMG_0652.JPG
Views: 766
Size:  83.0 KB

Everything is good for me this moment but small issues can't still leave without attention.

This setup is pretty much enough to daily drive and some rolls, but for me I'm using car mostly for TimeAttack and Rally Sprints and torque distribution like "Bactrian camel" make most of turns uncomfortable, when you trying to turn on tires grip limit, each time turbos spool car want oversteer, and probably everyone can agree, that any slides - time loosing.

There are other issues like 30FE (over-boosting) permanent oil leaking from return lines (new seals and polishing surface not helps), wg rattle (AmericaTurboLab fix not works for me like I'm expect).

My friend have set of hybrid turbos (can't remember which parts) for sale, and his logs are pretty linear, which I want and also his AquaMist meth setup for pretty nice price. To manage that setup he used coob ap.

So my question is, if I going to custom turbos and meth, what software/hardware to manage use. Martial from MHD says, that OTS maps not option to manage turbos. For meth, he advice to use RON98-102 maps. My task are not to reach crazy numbers of HP, but to get setup with 400hp pretty linear torque distribution with not loosing low rpm. Meth I want to use with RON95 fuel to keep engine more cool and prevents knocks. E40 is option, but this summer with 40C+ outside our e40 become foam, even stations pumps not able to pump a tank.

Can JB4 + MHD can help with this setup, or only custom tunes? Or there are other options available?

There are some advantages of JB4 for me, like meth manage, quick maps switching, and?? and don't know what else.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 135i

If you want to go hybrid turbos and meth, then JB4 with BMS backend flash would be your best bet. Not only does the jb4 have safety features, but it has the capability of controlling meth injection very well.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
JCip91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver 135 DCT

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I know you said you want 400hp but have you tried to lower the boost a bit to help with oversteer? When I take my 135 to the track I lower the boost from 19psi to 13psi (map 6 to map 1 on jb4) and that seemed to help a lot. Just an idea! And it will be alot cheaper haha

My suspension set up is Bilstein b14s, whiteline inserts and 1M strut bar.

https://wheelwell.com/joe-cipriani-iii
Appreciate 0