BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #23
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Was the 135i sold any where in the world with a different suspension other than the M Sport, or was it the M Sport suspension everywhere? I know it's M Sport in the US.
I believe you were able to order it without the M Sport suspension and sport seats. I have seen such car.
      02-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #24
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty
If you read through this thread, you can see there is confusion which Bilstein, B6 or B8, is proper for the 135i either M-Sport or non-Sport. Another point of confusion is the 135i M-Sport lowered? I haven't be able to find any BMW literature which settles the issue.

Another point of contention is the difference between the B6 and B8 besides damping. I understand the B8 is slightly shorter than the B6. This is true regarding my Sport SLK, and using the B6 rather than the proper shock or B8 would screw up the suspension. Using the incorrect shock does make a significant difference in the ride and alignment parameters.

In any case, the only shock I would use are the Yellow Bilsteins, they also come in OEM black. You can't wear them out, and they have a lifetime warranty.
The b6 and b8 are valved the same as per bilstein. The b8 has a shorter piston as to not unseat a shorter spring on full extention. If you get the b6 and your spring can move after you installed and torqued the top hat than you need b8's.
Appreciate 0