BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-09-2019, 08:39 AM   #23
minirips2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i 6M CR Slicktop

I hit black ice in my '11 128i. Slammed the right side into a guardrail at a T intersection, then spun halfway and hit another rail directly with the left side. Head curtain, steering wheel, and seat airbags all deployed, so insurance wrote it off. For all the energy I brought to the event, the impacts to my body were surprisingly gentle. I replaced it with another 6MT crimson red 128i. Slicktop this time. The only thing I miss about the first one is the xenon headlights. Once a 1er gets under your skin, there's no substitute!
Appreciate 3
atr_hugo325.00
Gangplank1539.50
      01-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #24
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe

Ironically if I did not try to overtake the cars the stick would not have hit my roof and leave a frigging ding dent.

I also hate cats that sit on my boot and shed hair all over it while they licking there ass.

Stick hitting my car roof

Last edited by Diamondblackcars; 01-13-2019 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #25
Dogeeseegod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Blue Water 128i-6

wow. that was crazy!
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #26
olds350
Needs a long road trip...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e91, '13 e88, '19 golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
Ironically if I did not try to overtake the cars the stick would not have hit my roof and leave a frigging ding dent.

I also hate cats that sit on my boot and shed hair all over it while they licking there ass.
That sucks about the stick hitting you. In the right place at the wrong time.

Cats, I hear ya about them getting on your car. I have a possible fix for you. I had a neighbors cat that loved to get on the hood of my old Mazda truck. I tried everything until someone told me about this trick. Liberally sprinkle black pepper all over the hood. The pepper will not damage the paint since it's non-soluble. The cat will jump on the hood, lay down and get pepper in the fur. Once they start licking, they get pepper in the mouth. Took me a few days of the pepper trick, but no more cat on the hood for me...
Appreciate 4
      01-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #27
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds350 View Post
That sucks about the stick hitting you. In the right place at the wrong time.

Cats, I hear ya about them getting on your car. I have a possible fix for you. I had a neighbors cat that loved to get on the hood of my old Mazda truck. I tried everything until someone told me about this trick. Liberally sprinkle black pepper all over the hood. The pepper will not damage the paint since it's non-soluble. The cat will jump on the hood, lay down and get pepper in the fur. Once they start licking, they get pepper in the mouth. Took me a few days of the pepper trick, but no more cat on the hood for me...

Thanks I may try the pepper, one of my neighbours started breeding cats for profit but they all ended up with diseases and they had to keep them, most of my other neighbours have cats as well and the alpha cat gets the top spot which seems to be my boot lid.
I tried throwing water at them but they are to smart for that, LOL I think that I need a boot lid that will spring open a lot harder Ha Ha.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #28
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
My wife is driving it this week. She wrecked her car (1 car accident on RR tracks). My father is in SC on vacation, so he's letting us use his Infinity SUV, except he will only let me drive it. SO my reward for her mistake is me not only not getting to drive my car, but I am constantly worrying about my car.

Its been a hard week.

ps.......I am totally UMIMPRESSED by nationwide. They are NOT on my side.
Appreciate 2
atr_hugo325.00
PA135ii236.00
      01-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #29
Dogeeseegod
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
My wife is driving it this week. She wrecked her car (1 car accident on RR tracks). My father is in SC on vacation, so he's letting us use his Infinity SUV, except he will only let me drive it. SO my reward for her mistake is me not only not getting to drive my car, but I am constantly worrying about my car.

Its been a hard week.

My 128 is in the shop getting the rear bumper replaced after a really low speed bump. Allstate insurance is covering my "equivalent" rental car. a 2017 Hyundai accent... Allstate says its equivalent because its a compact car...Honestly the worst car I've ever driven. The road noise is so bad that I can't talk to my daughter on the way to school.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #30
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

After a car club meeting, we were all outside looking over the cars. I had brought my small fluid extractor and took off my power steering cap and set it upside down in engine compartment. Then withdrew some fluid to see its color. Then asked if anybody else wanted to see their fluid color. Did 3 or 4 cars, then returned to mine [it was getting dark now]. Closed my hood and was getting ready to leave when a security guy came over and said he didn't think I replaced my PS lid. Sure enough, I hadn't. The PS "dipstick" in the lid had hit the under side of the hood [remember I had put it upside down] and broke the paint on the top side. Needless to say the dent and paint fix at body shop was well over $600.00. Ouch
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #31
Dogeeseegod
Private First Class
Rep

yes, OUCH!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #32
varoadking
King of Goodness
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe

Garage List
2012 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Courtesy of my neighbor lady...

My body shop did a great job though...you would never know it had been damaged...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 08:54 AM   #33
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 18 Camaro SS 08 CR-V

When my foot went to the floor pushing in the clutch on approach of an on ramp.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #34
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 18 Camaro SS 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post

Its been a hard week.

Last October my GF was coming home from work and a deer ran into her 2006 Toyota Corolla. She was not hurt but her car was totaled.

She has State Farm and they were not like a good neighbor to her.
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #35
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

What a pack of clowns. It is no wonder car insurance rates are going through the roof with a pack of idiots on the road. I always hope characters like you buy it, so I won't encounter any of you on the road.

As for myself, I haven't had any frightening incidents, because I have mastered the art of driving! I was taught it as a teenager when I was tooling around with a bunch of friends. Up ahead there was a very serious accident involving several cars. As the cops waved us through, we heard the most horrible screaming and saw body parts on the ground.

I got the ultimate lesson one day walking up the sidewalk on a very steep hill with a sharp curve in it. I reached the point of the curve and looked up and saw a car coming towards me at a high rate of speed. I recognized the driver, a guy with the handle of Cannonball. Well he didn't make it and crashed! In those days there weren't seat belts. Cannonball's head went through the windshield which collapsed around his neck. He was guillotined with his head rolling out in front of me on the sidewalk!

In any case, most of the people I grew up with are pushing up daisies due to poor driving. The grim reaper is waiting for you jerks.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 09:54 AM   #36
Dogeeseegod
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jose View Post
What a pack of clowns. It is no wonder car insurance rates are going through the roof with a pack of idiots on the road. I always hope characters like you buy it, so I won't encounter any of you on the road.

As for myself, I haven't had any frightening incidents, because I have mastered the art of driving! I was taught it as a teenager when I was tooling around with a bunch of friends. Up ahead there was a very serious accident involving several cars. As the cops waved us through, we heard the most horrible screaming and saw body parts on the ground.

I got the ultimate lesson one day walking up the sidewalk on a very steep hill with a sharp curve in it. I reached the point of the curve and looked up and saw a car coming towards me at a high rate of speed. I recognized the driver, a guy with the handle of Cannonball. Well he didn't make it and crashed! In those days there weren't seat belts. Cannonball's head went through the windshield which collapsed around his neck. He was guillotined with his head rolling out in front of me on the sidewalk!

In any case, most of the people I grew up with are pushing up daisies due to poor driving. The grim reaper is waiting for you jerks.
This is trolling, right? Otherwise I get the feeling you didn't read the thread.
Appreciate 3
      01-25-2019, 12:35 PM   #37
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jose View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeeseegod View Post
This is trolling, right? Otherwise I get the feeling you didn't read the thread.
Based on his other interactions so far I'd say he's being sincere, which is just sad lol.
      01-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #38
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Within the first few months of ownership, on a cold October day driving home from my uncle's after watching WWE I slid off the road.
This being my first RWD car that I really pushed, I went on a roundabout with TC off and blipped the gas a little too much and the rear went ballistic. I corrected the best I could avoiding a boulder in the grass and a road sign.

After I came to a stop, I inspected the car with my flashlight for any damage underneath, but was all clear so I drove home. The next auto-x season I signed up and practiced doing stuff like that in a controlled environment. Definitely scary since it could have been a lot worse.
      01-28-2019, 09:38 AM   #39
MrKevinRosales
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

After 4 years of ownership I'm currently living it.
Friday afternoon I get in the car after work and all sorts of lights flashed before my eyes. No actual problems with the driveability but the there were rotating lights coming and going and at some points the cluster would shut off for a few seconds at a time.
Looks like it needs a new Tire pressure monitoring module.
Also my front right strut is leaking.

2011 E82 N55 135i
///M Sport • 6MT • Crimson Red/Black Boston Leather
BMW PPK• BMW PE • BMW Aero Kit • Blacklines • Arc 8's • VRSF Charge Pipe • B12 Pro-kit
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #40
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKevinRosales View Post
Friday afternoon I get in the car after work and all sorts of lights flashed before my eyes. No actual problems with the driveability but the there were rotating lights coming and going and at some points the cluster would shut off for a few seconds at a time.
That’s exactly what my car did when it needed a new battery. Seemed like it was possessed. Started and drove fine, with the dashboard shutting off and restarting while doing 80mph on the freeway!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #41
MrKevinRosales
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowsdower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKevinRosales View Post
That’s exactly what my car did when it needed a new battery. Seemed like it was possessed. Started and drove fine, with the dashboard shutting off and restarting while doing 80mph on the freeway!
I had thought that it might have been my battery but that was wishful thinking since it was replaced in November

2011 E82 N55 135i
///M Sport • 6MT • Crimson Red/Black Boston Leather
BMW PPK• BMW PE • BMW Aero Kit • Blacklines • Arc 8's • VRSF Charge Pipe • B12 Pro-kit
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 01:35 PM   #42
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

The older my daughter gets, the more my stuff ends up in the garage. It's only a 1 car and is a pretty tight fit with all tools, spare parts and boxes of useless things my wife wants to keep.
I go to work early in the morning, and I am not a morning person. While trying to slide my daughters lightning mcqueen push car and my FMIC box in so I could open my drives door a few weeks ago, I misjudged the distance between the rake I hang off of a shelf I built and the top of the FMIC box, clipped the rake, and bam!! Rake falls on the car, stabby objects facing the body. It left me with three small dents on top of my door pillar and missing paint in all three spots. Dents are about the size of hail damage.

Gonna give the old compressed air and heat gun trick a try on the small dents, if not I'll take it to my body shop guy. Infuriating occurrence to have happen at 6AM. The garage has now been responsible for 2 assaults on the 1er in the last year, my oem exhaust tipped over one night and left a nice little dent (hail sized too) on my passenger quarter panel last January. Accident free for 20 years, idiot free for 2 weeks.
      01-28-2019, 04:48 PM   #43
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
The older my daughter gets, the more my stuff ends up in the garage. It's only a 1 car and is a pretty tight fit with all tools, spare parts and boxes of useless things my wife wants to keep.
I go to work early in the morning, and I am not a morning person. While trying to slide my daughters lightning mcqueen push car and my FMIC box in so I could open my drives door a few weeks ago, I misjudged the distance between the rake I hang off of a shelf I built and the top of the FMIC box, clipped the rake, and bam!! Rake falls on the car, stabby objects facing the body. It left me with three small dents on top of my door pillar and missing paint in all three spots. Dents are about the size of hail damage.

Gonna give the old compressed air and heat gun trick a try on the small dents, if not I'll take it to my body shop guy. Infuriating occurrence to have happen at 6AM. The garage has now been responsible for 2 assaults on the 1er in the last year, my oem exhaust tipped over one night and left a nice little dent (hail sized too) on my passenger quarter panel last January. Accident free for 20 years, idiot free for 2 weeks.
Oy, sounds like you need a car cover.... made of kevlar!
      01-28-2019, 07:36 PM   #44
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
Garage ambushes are the worst!

I almost dropped one of my dad's summer wheels on my 1'er this spring. But did end-up smacking a broom into the driver's side quarter panel (I was attacked, I swear ), and my sister put a dent in the passenger's side quarter panel with a tennis racquet . And then there's the screw that almost went through the roof while installing my sunroof delete panel. And then the weird divot in my roof that seems to move to a different position each day...

Accident-free for almost a year now (not my fault)...idiot free, never.
Esteban43336.00