BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-01-2022, 11:13 AM   #1
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Rb turbo or bms vacuum catch kit?

Posted the same in the 135 forum…

Is there any material performance difference between an RB external pcv kit and the revised Bms vacuum side kit?

These both seem to do the same thing and attach to the same areas of the pcv system.

Some threads seem to claim the rb turbo kit with mishimoto can collects a significant amount more oil than the bms but it is not clear if this statement is relevant to the new or old bms kit.

Which if the two kits perform better or are they the same ??
Appreciate 1
ayao641.50
      10-04-2022, 12:18 AM   #2
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
Posted the same in the 135 forum…

Is there any material performance difference between an RB external pcv kit and the revised Bms vacuum side kit?

These both seem to do the same thing and attach to the same areas of the pcv system.

Some threads seem to claim the rb turbo kit with mishimoto can collects a significant amount more oil than the bms but it is not clear if this statement is relevant to the new or old bms kit.

Which if the two kits perform better or are they the same ??
I have the BMS kit on my car now, and RB ones in the box still

Rob insisted I switch to the Mishimoto can, as I expressed similar sentiment to yours. The Mishimoto OCC filter certainly has a finer element, and the BMS is obviously just an adaptation of their existing kit. I would be very surprised if the Mishimoto doesn't collect more.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ayao641.50
E30 Racer220.00
      10-18-2022, 03:16 AM   #3
Boost3d_1M
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E82 1M

i have no experience with the RB/Mishimoto setup but i find the BMS setup to be very bulky due to them adapting their off the shelf catch can and converting it into the vacuum setup .

I previously had their regular bms catch can and that system never caught more then a teaspoon full of oil in all the years it was on other n54.
Appreciate 1
ayao641.50
      10-20-2022, 08:27 PM   #4
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost3d_1M View Post
i have no experience with the RB/Mishimoto setup but i find the BMS setup to be very bulky due to them adapting their off the shelf catch can and converting it into the vacuum setup .

I previously had their regular bms catch can and that system never caught more then a teaspoon full of oil in all the years it was on other n54.
Understood …
Teaspoon of oil sounds like it really made no difference. I assume this was on the boost side and not the vacuum side.

Do you have a vacuum side now that works better?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 03:37 AM   #5
Boost3d_1M
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E82 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
Understood …
Teaspoon of oil sounds like it really made no difference. I assume this was on the boost side and not the vacuum side.

Do you have a vacuum side now that works better?

Yup, i sold my boost side setup and then a few months later i got the vacuum side.

I dont have any new pic's but can definitely tell you that the vacuum side works much better and the pics from my thread were just after a few hundred kilo's

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...1621545&page=2
Appreciate 0