BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #155
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Will be interesting to compare when they are ready. We should all post when we get "the call" from our dealers saying we can come pick the car up. Wonder how many days difference can result just from being one of the first unloaded off the ship vs. one of the last unloaded at the port.
You'd think that's the fair way to handle the competition, but Greg's going to stack the deck in his favor.

Tomorrow morning, he's going to drive to Oxnard and bang on the door of the port facility. If no one answers, he'll camp out until Monday morning and, when he sees the first person arrive, he'll offer to help weld on his new exhaust (and glue on his shiny pedals). Then he's going to volunteer to drive the transport truck to his dealer, after which he'll start peeling plastic off his car and deem it ready.

By my calculations, he'll have his car by 3:00PM Monday.

Sound about right, Greg?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #156
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Or I just steal it this weekend from the lot and avoid all that unnecessary hard work and manual labor I've tried so hard to not do my entire life.

Wait, you guys didn't already get the call that you can pick yours up? Weird.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #157
drFUNK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is LMB 6MT

Although I'm on the east coast, looks like I'm on the same timeline as you guys ! Mine hit the port last week and was delayed for transport...

because of the "new car" window sticker.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #158
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Or I just steal it this weekend from the lot and avoid all that unnecessary hard work and manual labor I've tried so hard to not do my entire life.

Wait, you guys didn't already get the call that you can pick yours up? Weird.
What do you mean? I'm driving mine home as we speak. They moved mine to the front of the line, stayed late tonight to glue on my IS bits AND.... they gave me the stainless steel pedals meant for Greg's car as a spare set. Sorry Greg. Since I don't have the slushbox, I guess I'll use that stainless brake pedal as a paperweight.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #159
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I've decided to wait til the 27th because I'm so in love with my rental Hyundai Accent, I want to savor every last day with it. I know you all must be incredibly jealous.

You can enjoy my stainless steel pedals and I'll enjoy that I got comfort access for free and apparently now a year of Sirius free, too. =)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #160
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Woo! That is one good looking car! Are those 22" wheels? And I see it has your favorite all chrome grille.
With that beauty, I don't understand why you are even thinking of spending money on a new 135is....
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #161
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I believe they are 15s! Ya, it's really going to be hard. I may just go to budget and ask to buy the car or just never return it and have them charge my credit card. So, I'm really struggling with this decision...accent...135is...accent...135is...they are so similar.

Sadly, there is no "eco" button in the 135is to make it perform worse. =( There will be on the 2 series though! =)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #162
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Clearly our cars are offloaded as Toreador is now off to Tacoma.

Thanks for the ride and safe delivery Toreador. You were a good boat.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #163
AZ-135is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Space Gray 135IS DCT

Thank you guys!

I have been lurking on your thread for a while now. My 135is is in the same boat (literally) as yours!

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping me up to date on where it was on its journey to America!

Randy
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #164
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Hey Randy,

Glad we could keep you entertained and updated along the seemingly infinite journey.

Also, welcome to the "is" club as well. There's so few of us out there. What color, options, etc. did you get?

Just a matter of days now...and then we may come out with a Toreador-delivered 135is photo calendar to show off our cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #165
AZ-135is
Enlisted Member
Rep

I got the space gray w/ black Boston leather (blue stitch) interior. It is a DCT (better half doesn't drive sticks), with every option they could throw on it.

This is replacing my 335i, so I am already hooked on BMW's underrated horsepower and torque figures.

I was patient up until I found your thread, then the bug really bit me!

Now it should be just a few days..............
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #166
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Sounds good and similar to mine. I almost got space gray, but ultimately went with mineral grey, with all the fixins, too.

Pay particular attention then to what I find out from my dealer and actually, you may want to push this issue with yours as well, but I'm making sure my DCT gets the stainless steel pedals that for some reason only seem to be getting installed on the manuals even though they should be on both according to the BMW press release and bmw configurator online.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #167
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

This has been a fun thread to check in on. Congrats guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #168
AZ-135is
Enlisted Member
Rep

So is anyone showing "finishing touches" yet?

Now I am getting impatient!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #169
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

No, but the 1-800 # woman, who we affectionately call Brunehilde has now changed to "at the port awaiting a shipping vessel" again, which I guess means awaiting a truck to pick it up and take to the dealer. There is still much debate and uncertainty though as to how many "is" parts get installed at the port that may perhaps add an additional day or two to delivery. Unfortunately, I can't really take mine home til the 27th, so part of me hopes they take their time, cause it will be painful if the dealer calls me on Tuesday or Wednesday saying she's ready.

Your dealer tell you what the ETA is from port to where you are? Mine said 3-4 days, but we're only 60 miles maybe from Port Hueneme, compared to a 7-8 hour drive perhaps to get to you.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #170
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 sDrive 28i

Toreador Passenger

Hey All,
I ordered an X1 , not a 1 series but still wanted to join you all since I was on the Toreador too and now I am waiting for my CA to call me. He told me last week that he thinks my car should be ready Wednesday or a few days after that. I don't want to get my hopes up yet since anything could happen with customs and by the way have you guys read that customs is not paid overtime anymore which is slowing everything down on import at Port Hueneme?
This must be the hardest wait (even harder than waiting 2 months) because I can't track my car or see it at all at this point . Just waiting for customs to clear. Not in finishing touches either on the BMWUSA site.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #171
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBooBoo View Post
Hey All,
I ordered an X1 , not a 1 series but still wanted to join you all since I was on the Toreador too...
Welcome to 1Addicts.
Btw... what a great user name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
This has been a fun thread to check in on. Congrats guys!
+1. I have been following this thread too. We all have been "there" waiting for our cars to arrive. Hang in there guys and gals.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #172
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBooBoo View Post
Hey All,
I ordered an X1 , not a 1 series but still wanted to join you all since I was on the Toreador too and now I am waiting for my CA to call me. He told me last week that he thinks my car should be ready Wednesday or a few days after that. I don't want to get my hopes up yet since anything could happen with customs and by the way have you guys read that customs is not paid overtime anymore which is slowing everything down on import at Port Hueneme?
This must be the hardest wait (even harder than waiting 2 months) because I can't track my car or see it at all at this point . Just waiting for customs to clear. Not in finishing touches either on the BMWUSA site.
We shall still welcome you even if you didn't get a 1-series since you were on board our party boat.

Curious where your dealer is located if he said Wednesday or a few days after that?

Also, our cars should have cleared customs already while on the boat, as if you check the W&W website, it at least showed mine cleared customs on the 16th. You can still track via the 1-800#, though it's usually a day or two behind so not sure how much help that will be. Last I checked, mine switched back to "at the port awaiting a shipping vessel" so guess that means port hueneme and my new shipping vessel is a truck.

Last time I ordered a BMW, I already had the car home before the website switched over to finishing touches.

Crazy that your car is a 2014 and for some reason the 2014 X1's are already coming out.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #173
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i; 2007 X3; 2001 A4

Wow lots of you hiding out on the boat. No wonder the beer kept going so fast.

Website still says en route to US, but my broker tells me the car should leave the port monday or tuesday, and I can probably get it thursday or friday ... but I don't have all the fancy "s" parts to add.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #174
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I was going to go with, no wonder the boat went so slow.

Guess the race is on now to see who can post pictures of their Toreador-delivered car first. Sadly, I might be able to SEE mine first, but alas, the first day I can realistically take it home would be Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #175
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
Wow lots of you hiding out on the boat. No wonder the beer kept going so fast.
Oh sure, now everyone wants to say they were on the fun party boat! I can see it now: 10,000 of you are going to come forward and say you were on our 4/19/13 Toreador, even though it only holds 6,354 cars (ask me how I know that)!

I'm worried about gregthegr8 though -- he has been PM ing all of us to find out which dealer we bought from so that he can go around and let the air out of our tires and thereby ensure he is the first one to pick his up and drive it home! Sadly, I'm pretty sure I'll be the last to pick mine up due to a crazy work schedule...

Viva El Toreador!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #176
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Alas, while I'm not above that, I do not have the time as I have a mediation and mock trial this week. Plus, I'm never for damaging other cars due to not wanting bad carma coming my way.

Maybe I was releasing air because I was going to help everyone out and replace their runflats with michelin pilot super sports!

We should start a new gang called the Toreadores, where we dress in all white with red sashes like in the running of the bulls.

I'm getting mine Saturday come hell or high water.
Appreciate 0