BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #1
BadakVT
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M AW

Upgrading BOV Vacuum Line to 1/4" ID

Hi guys, just wanted to share a non-drilling method to upgrade to a full 1/4" vacuum line to your BOV.

Had to replace my blown OE chargepipe (only 9000km) and decided to go with VRSF +TIAL kit. After reading the forum, I decided to run 1/4" line to eliminate potential problems with surging, etc.

I bought a N20 boost/vacuum adaptor from eBay ($25) and it fits securely on the intake manifold MAP sensor. The vacuum nipple is larger than the stock one, allowing you to secure 1/4" ID silicone line directly (no need to use the brass reducer). The vacuum line can easily be secured with a small clamp or zip tie.

The only modification was to replace the green O-ring on the MAP sensor to a slightly larger o-ring since the hole on the N20 boost adapter is slightly too large. Also added some washer/rings on the screws that came with the adaptor because the screws are too long. Of course you'll have to seal the stock vacuum nipple since it's unused.

I'm running the TIAL with 11 psi spring, no problem with turbo surge or any leaks on the adapter so far. Below are some pictures:
Attached Images

01-23-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Thats really really nice!! thank you for this wonderful information

btw can you post the link that you bought this part from on eBay?
Appreciate 0