BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-17-2017, 09:27 PM   #1
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Burned by RB Turbo

on 12/27/2016 I decided to order a RB N54 External PCV kit. I read some reviews and watched an install video on Youtube. Considering it would only take 10-15 minutes to install and benefit me in the long run is what made me purchase it. What shocked me was Rob wanting a Re-stocking Fee for a purchase that wasn't touched and purchased within 30 days.
To my surprise, it wasn't what I expected and the install was totally different from what I perceived it to be. I emailed Rob through his website a couple of times and didn't get a reply at all. Then I PM'd him on here last week and he replied stating that he needed the order #. I sent him back my order number and he never replied.
Finally, this week I emailed him at his gmail account and he replied tonight. He said he would return my External PCV kit and charge me a 25% re-stocking fee, what a joke. I emailed him back and of course no reply in the past hour and a half.
No where on his website or on any form of paperwork that I received with the part states any "Return Policy" let alone a "re-stocking fee". I find this to be very low and greedy. I'm glad this happened over this and not over a set of turbos. I'll be crossing these clowns off my list for my turbo purchase in March.Frankly, RB Turbo has lost all credibility with me and will no longer be involved in my modifications in the future.
Myles
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Man that sucks. Super unprofessional on their part and that is an excessive restocking fee. Some parts companies need to not look at and treat buyers as single time transactions but rather as continual clients.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
Man that sucks. Super unprofessional on their part and that is an excessive restocking fee. Some parts companies need to not look at and treat buyers as single time transactions but rather as continual clients.
Yes, totally agree. No justification whatsoever. I asked him again today, if he would "re-think" his position and he replied alright.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
Jorgensen54
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/AG 135i 6MT

I'm definitely on your side, as that's entirely bogus and my current employer just ran into a similar situation that has outed us $250k.

But...

"Return Policy:
RB Turbo LLC offers no returns on products purchased without prior consent. If a return is desired please email with your order number and we will determine if your order qualifies for a refund. If the order qualifies for a refund then pending on the product and timeline restocking fees up to 40% may apply."

They provided just a vague enough explanation of their return policy that you'd definitely think, 30 days - no harm, no foul. But what they actually mean is,
"hey guy, f**k you, you paid for it."

Keep it and resell it. Don't even give them the satisfaction of knowing that their scam works.

http://www.rbturbo.com/faq <- for T&Cs.

I'm in on the boycott of this company because that's the epitome of strong-arming your customers.