Bimmerpost for Android has just been updated to version 4.3.55 with a host of bug fixes. Try it out!
BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
Steelo
Enlisted Member
Australia
1
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i, 2011 X5 3.0d
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Newbie Nth Shore Sydney, LUX Angel eyes

Hi all,

I have been watching the banter for a few months and thought I'd post. New user. Have a 135i vert, no modifications (yet) and the wife has an X5 3d.

After seeing the (mostly) great feedback I went an ordered myself a pair of LUX H8 Angel Eyes. I don't trust myself to install them and am looking for advice of a good auto electrician, preferably on the Sydney North Shore. I see lots of good raps for Advan but I'm after someone a bit closer. Any advice?

BTW I live in Willoughby and was taking my 6 year old for a ride on his bike, running alongside. I didn't pick up the thread about the local meet and was amazed when I saw all these fantastic 1 series, including the 1M's, pulling out of the High Street cafe. Looked awesome, particularly the orange 1M.

cheers all

Steel135i
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
210
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

That VO 1M is "loud"...definite eye candy!

I can help you install your LUX if an N55, done it many times....10 mins
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
MrBlonde
Colonel
MrBlonde's Avatar
Australia
103
Rep
2,691
Posts

Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Merewether

iTrader: (0)

Ask Ian to show you his U-Boat too! :-)
__________________
.-=[ Kenny ]=-. 1999 BMW M Coupe 10.775 @ 134.35 mph w/1.600 60' (Best 136.07 mph) 25th August 2004. +2010 X5 35D+

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
RN318
Private First Class
Australia
-117
Rep
174
Posts

Drives: BMW :D
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel135i View Post
Hi all,

I have been watching the banter for a few months and thought I'd post. New user. Have a 135i vert, no modifications (yet) and the wife has an X5 3d.

After seeing the (mostly) great feedback I went an ordered myself a pair of LUX H8 Angel Eyes. I don't trust myself to install them and am looking for advice of a good auto electrician, preferably on the Sydney North Shore. I see lots of good raps for Advan but I'm after someone a bit closer. Any advice?

BTW I live in Willoughby and was taking my 6 year old for a ride on his bike, running alongside. I didn't pick up the thread about the local meet and was amazed when I saw all these fantastic 1 series, including the 1M's, pulling out of the High Street cafe. Looked awesome, particularly the orange 1M.

cheers all

Steel135i
Should've joined in and said hi!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
126
Rep
7,394
Posts

Drives: LBB LCI M2
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN318 View Post
Should've joined in and said hi!
True..We are all a friendly bunch..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 04:38 AM   #6
Steelo
Enlisted Member
Australia
1
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i, 2011 X5 3.0d
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Definitely will next time and will keep an eye out for the next Meet thread. Thanks for the welcome lads.

IanF, I can't send PMs yet, need a few more posts. Would really appreciate your help, and interested/concerned about your U-Boat. Please PM me or try pajz.steel@gmail.com.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
210
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel135i View Post
Definitely will next time and will keep an eye out for the next Meet thread. Thanks for the welcome lads.

IanF, I can't send PMs yet, need a few more posts. Would really appreciate your help, and interested/concerned about your U-Boat. Please PM me or try pajz.steel@gmail.com.

Many thanks
U-Boat? msg sent
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
-satanic-
Private First Class
-satanic-'s Avatar
Australia
3
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

ianf if I buy a set can you help me install too
__________________
| 2011 BMW 135i |
AW, N55, Prof. Nav, 18% Tints, Kerscher CF Splitter, CF Rear Spoiler, Matte Black Grilles

Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
210
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -satanic- View Post
ianf if I buy a set can you help me install too
Sure, why not. I should become the LUX agent for Sydney

No N54's though, as I think you need to remove the airbox for install which is a PIA. Although you can bring it over when I do the LUX on my 1M in Feb and will do for you.
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
29
Rep
430
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Sure, why not. I should become the LUX agent for Sydney

No N54's though, as I think you need to remove the airbox for install which is a PIA. Although you can bring it over when I do the LUX on my 1M in Feb and will do for you.
Didnt remove my airbox to get them in. Left side was easy, right side required a bit of "force" to get the headlight cover back onto the same spot, but certainly no removing required on my part...
__________________

2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue | BMW Perf CF Rear Diffuser | BMW Perf CF Rear Spoiler | Kerscher CF Front Lip | MHD | Wagner Evo2Comp | VRSF DP's | ER CP Turbosmart Dual Port | LUX AE's | Alpine Hifi | Blacklines
2010 BMW E70 X5 30D Sports Innovation | Sapphire Black | Black Leather | LUX AE's
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
210
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

good to know
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Eddie135
N55 Commando
Eddie135's Avatar
Australia
29
Rep
786
Posts

Drives: 135i - DCT - N55
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Eddie135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Didnt remove my airbox to get them in. Left side was easy, right side required a bit of "force" to get the headlight cover back onto the same spot, but certainly no removing required on my part...
Passenger side is easy to remove, driver side is a little hard due to the oil cooler hose blocking the head light cover.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
210
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Passenger side is easy to remove, driver side is a little hard due to the oil cooler hose blocking the head light cover.
Yes, that's the N55 which you speak of. I believe it is actually the Air-con hose
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #14
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
29
Rep
430
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Yes, that's the N55 which you speak of. I believe it is actually the Air-con hose
Same on the N54
__________________

2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue | BMW Perf CF Rear Diffuser | BMW Perf CF Rear Spoiler | Kerscher CF Front Lip | MHD | Wagner Evo2Comp | VRSF DP's | ER CP Turbosmart Dual Port | LUX AE's | Alpine Hifi | Blacklines
2010 BMW E70 X5 30D Sports Innovation | Sapphire Black | Black Leather | LUX AE's
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
Steelo
Enlisted Member
Australia
1
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i, 2011 X5 3.0d
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Passenger side is easy to remove, driver side is a little hard due to the oil cooler hose blocking the head light cover.
Eddie135 - sorry about the cross-thread, but i think you were having problems with the Lux V3. All sorted now?

IanF - many thanks for your offer of help. Will take it up once I'm back from our rained-out qld holiday.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
Eddie135
N55 Commando
Eddie135's Avatar
Australia
29
Rep
786
Posts

Drives: 135i - DCT - N55
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Eddie135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel135i View Post
Eddie135 - sorry about the cross-thread, but i think you were having problems with the Lux V3. All sorted now?

IanF - many thanks for your offer of help. Will take it up once I'm back from our rained-out qld holiday.
Thanks for asking.

Erm... Almost forgotten about it. Currently being tested by one of Lux distributor in Sydney, they will let me know shortly.

Last edited by Eddie135; 01-18-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 03:41 AM   #17
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
210
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

F$%$#%&^ ...how difficult is it to get the drivers cover back on an N54!!! ... 45 mins and still no joy
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #18
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
126
Rep
7,394
Posts

Drives: LBB LCI M2
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
F$%$#%&^ ...how difficult is it to get the drivers cover back on an N54!!! ... 45 mins and still no joy
Go light up the BBQ, open a VB, and worry about it later mate..

On a serious note... this is not the best weather to have cover not fitted correctly..

Give Stu a Call..

Do you want his number/?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 03:49 AM   #19
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
126
Rep
7,394
Posts

Drives: LBB LCI M2
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

I will SMS to you if you like
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 03:55 AM   #20
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
210
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
I will SMS to you if you like
lol.... I am moving/packing house so gave up on the driver's side cover. OP says he will try himself, or take to dealer.

My N55 takes 10-15 mins to swap over bulbs... easy.... thinking the 1M will be a bitch
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 04:41 AM   #21
Steelo
Enlisted Member
Australia
1
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i, 2011 X5 3.0d
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
lol.... I am moving/packing house so gave up on the driver's side cover. OP says he will try himself, or take to dealer.

My N55 takes 10-15 mins to swap over bulbs... easy.... thinking the 1M will be a bitch
Ian, really appreciate your perseverance mate, thankyou.*

There has to be a trick to it. Will search the web tonight.*

I've put a tarp over the front for tonight.*

Who is Stu? Help welcome.

Pete
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #22
RoadRunner///M
Major General
RoadRunner///M's Avatar
No_Country
210
Rep
6,499
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold), M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel135i View Post
Ian, really appreciate your perseverance mate, thankyou.*

There has to be a trick to it. Will search the web tonight.*

I've put a tarp over the front for tonight.*

Who is Stu? Help welcome.

Pete
Stu is 'bmroxm5'....send him a PM
__________________
BMW F80 M3 DCT - Silverstone II - AA Mids, BM3 tune
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST