BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
vandejm
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Loss of power, lean AFR Procede Map 2 Code 2C7B

Hi all,

I inherited a Procede tuned 2009 135i and have had it for about a year now. Have done DP, Hotside inlets, Wagner IC, ER chargepipe with Forge DV.

Car was running strong until yesterday. Felt ok at moderate throttle input but fell on its face if WOT. I noticed my AFR gauge dropping dramatically (indicating extremely high AFR) while this is happening. AFR normal with moderate throttle input (centre of gauge - so consistent 14-15's). No limp mode no SES nothing....

Since I did not purchase the Procede - I don't have a cable to connect. I probably could use a JB4 cable and may switch to that with BEF but that is another story.

Pulled codes this morning using INPA which is set up on my laptop and the only relevant code other than the standard shadow codes common with tunes is the 2C7B which is the downstream O2 - not very useful.

Cleared codes but symptoms remain - still no SES or anything so I downloaded MHD and bought the monitoring module.

I pulled logs using MHD with the Procede turned off (cannot log using MHD with Procede unit on). I'm not used to stock maps so car feels very slow. Less stumbling but pretty gutless. Looking at the logs (first attempt and don't want to do much logging when seeing 17 AFR.See below chart.

https://datazap.me/u/vandejm/n54-no-...-22-25&mark=76

Issues i see are low boost - seeing max 6 when stock boost should be high 8's from what I understand.

Also see a lot of differential between throttle pedal (99%) and actual throttle position (TPS).

Anything jump out at any of the more experienced members here?

Much appreciate the help. Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Haven't noticed any Procede users around here in a long time. I'd check the 335 part of this site. I still have my old Procede. It was used less than a year but I got an error on it updating and never got it straightened out. I didn't really want to run a piggyback tune and switched to a flashed tune pretty much as soon as I could.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Stock boost varies between 6-8 depending on exterior factors such as temperature, elevation, octane, ETC.

These cars don't target a specific boost but rather a specific load target.

If you are getting O2 sensor codes it may be an indication they are on the way out. As you may or may not know, O2 sensors control fueling. If they don't function properly they cannot adjust fuel correctly.

When you say AFR dropping, a lower number actually means richer.

AFR under light load are about 14-15, that is normal. 14.7 is stoich. Under medium to heavy throttle AFR should be 11- 12.xx. Depending on where it may be in the 13's for a short period of time.

For the utmost control in fueling, a flash tune is ideal.

Get a clean 3rd gear datalog from 2500 RPM to at least 6000 RPM, Wide Open Throttle the entire time is key.

It may be time to upgrade the Procede. Not that it isn't great but the lack of support makes it hard to offer advice or changes.

The makers of Procede now make the OFT, a plug and play flash tune.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 11-29-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0