BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Production status is taking foooorreeevverrr!

Just a rant. I want my car already! :-) Seems like production status is taking a long time, and I remember someone saying something about production stopping for a little while, and starting up (around now). Do you guys know hat the dates are again for this? I tried a search...think I'm searching for the wrong thing. If I remember right, I believe the downtime was two weeks or so (and my car went into production around middle of July). This wait (with no car I'll add) is killing me. Didn't know my STi would sell so fast!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
mayhewjr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Me too

I don't know, but I'm in the same boat...except my 135i hasn't sold yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
texone
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black Baron 1M

Production

Right - what I'd seen was production closes for the first two weeks in August and then restarts. Not sure about your July production though - I would think you'd be able to track it by now. My dealer told me that once its in production you can go on the BMW USA website and get some sort of status based on your production number (which should be on the top of your order sheet from the dealer). Mine won't go into production until week 36 so I have a wait to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
I'm not sure what factory builds the 1M, but the link references the Leipzig Factory. I wonder if your vehicle is already on a boat or waiting to board.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=558378
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Dyaus
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I feel your pain. I put up my Mazdaspeed 3 for sale once my order moved into 111 status thinking it would take at least a month to get it sold; it took 1.5 weeks. I've been carpooling around everywhere since I sold it a few weeks ago.

I've been calling up the phone line at least once a day to get the latest status. As of now it's on its way to the port of exit. Hopefully only a few more weeks now. I'm dying without a car, I may end up buying a beater on craigslist to get some wheels until it shows up and then use beater for winter duty.
Appreciate 0