BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-27-2021, 11:00 PM   #1
Manual only
Rep
Drives: BMW

M2 ceramic calipers on 1M?

Considering to upgrade the look of the 1M with the 135i F/R setup is this a bolt on affair? Are there conversion brackets for this? Would also consider putting on m2 ceramic brakes anyone out there know if it’s possible or is it too complicated?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual only View Post
Considering to upgrade the look of the 1M with the 135i F/R setup is this a bolt on affair? Are there conversion brackets for this? Would also consider putting on m2 ceramic brakes anyone out there know if it’s possible or is it too complicated?
I think this will be an upgrade for you which is what matters. The 1M is a manly, purposeful car and the black sturdier than 135i calipers are part of what makes the 1M special. Not blingy, no M decals on the calipers, no Fiji Sky Dusk Blue paint on them, just black, performance oriented brakes. So if you car, retrograding the brakes to 135i brakes will probably only look better to you. The 135i calipers were more show than go. They brittle parts that were damaged under high stresses and BMW said so during the 1M launch. The single piston brakes outperformed them especially track duty. You might as well buy one of those fake brembo caliper covers and put those on because at least you would keep the performance of these brakes. I see a few other discussions about doing this to non M e90s and one to an E90 M3 but was not able to find anything to help you. I would try ECS or Ebay as I regularly see many caliper adapters on there. Best wishes.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Yeah I dunno if I'd do that. I kept my 135i brembos during my build as it was cheaper for me to properly design and rebuild the setup than to change literally everything.

If you want to change to F8x brakes it's as easy as the F8x knuckle which fits all the other parts seamlessly and compatible with E9x/E8x M suspension architecture. If the E82 brembos are a must you can get the Hydra Performance caliper bracket for the F8x knuckle which allows the 6pot to be used with the E46M3CSL rotors. The setup works extremely well but again, if you have great brakes already why spend the money?
      05-06-2021, 10:41 PM   #4
Manual only
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I think this will be an upgrade for you which is what matters. The 1M is a manly, purposeful car and the black sturdier than 135i calipers are part of what makes the 1M special. Not blingy, no M decals on the calipers, no Fiji Sky Dusk Blue paint on them, just black, performance oriented brakes. So if you car, retrograding the brakes to 135i brakes will probably only look better to you. The 135i calipers were more show than go. They brittle parts that were damaged under high stresses and BMW said so during the 1M launch. The single piston brakes outperformed them especially track duty. You might as well buy one of those fake brembo caliper covers and put those on because at least you would keep the performance of these brakes. I see a few other discussions about doing this to non M e90s and one to an E90 M3 but was not able to find anything to help you. I would try ECS or Ebay as I regularly see many caliper adapters on there. Best wishes.
I mean thanks for the reply, I guess, but as it’s stated I’m looking to up grade the aesthetics of the vehicle in a purist form. I’m not racing her just wanna improve upon the design. We can do w/ out the sarcasm especially the one where it’s a manly car LOL it’s sort of a girly car really, it’s like telling the dealer give your shittiest car in top of the line form. Don’t @ me w/ racing especially when you’re not racing it yourself all those technicalities you mention and you have no podium finishes
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 10:42 PM   #5
Manual only
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Yeah I dunno if I'd do that. I kept my 135i brembos during my build as it was cheaper for me to properly design and rebuild the setup than to change literally everything.

If you want to change to F8x brakes it's as easy as the F8x knuckle which fits all the other parts seamlessly and compatible with E9x/E8x M suspension architecture. If the E82 brembos are a must you can get the Hydra Performance caliper bracket for the F8x knuckle which allows the 6pot to be used with the E46M3CSL rotors. The setup works extremely well but again, if you have great brakes already why spend the money?
Thanks!!! will have the shop/s look into that
Appreciate 0