BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2021, 06:39 AM   #1
S.XCVI
Stefano Emiliani
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 2011 135i (sold)

Question 135i importation

Hello guys I’m glad I finally joined the forum, excited to see how everyone shares after years of researching and learning from this wonderful forum.
I found the perfect spec car, problem is it’s back home in Colombia, and I would love to import the car to use it as I finish my studies in the US; Does anybody know the process to homologate the car to US spec? I’m staying 4+ years so it’s a must. It’s very cheap and low mileage so that’s just bonus points to the deal, I am hoping everything fits in my budget.
This is the car in question
https://carro.mercadolibre.com.co/MC...a-f22cd30819b6
Thank you for sticking with me.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 06:47 AM   #2
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Can't answer your import question but around here (college town) students from SA seem to just drive the car on their country's plates forever without issue.

Was leather added after-market to this car? I've never seen headrest seams like this one has and it lacks the "stitched" horizontal seem in the door panel inserts. Just curious.

Nice wheels and brakes! I trust you want an automatic/DCT trans?

Last edited by BMWCCA1; 12-09-2021 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 09:02 AM   #3
S.XCVI
Stefano Emiliani
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Can't answer your import question but around here (college town) students from SA seem to just drive the car on their country's plates forever without issue.

Was leather added after-market to this car? I've never seen headrest seems like this one has and it lacks the "stitched" horizontal seem in the door panel inserts. Just curious.

Nice wheels and brakes! I trust you want an automatic/DCT trans?
Id have to get that info from the seller, the coral red seems to check out until now, but the VIN will tell the whole story for sure. I really don’t want to get in no trouble with cops, and these rides are for sure attention getters, specially when they boast 600 hps, the yellow accents are for sure nice! Will look into changing the steering wheel cover for a suede one with a yellow line. I’d love to try a quick shifting DCT, already owned a 6 speed and it was a hell of a blast. The wide wheels and BBS are just the cherry on top, but it seems it has a full custom exhaust system and is properly modified, shame no carbon fiber goodies, maybe if it one day is on US roads I’ll get her proper and pretty!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 06:48 PM   #4
S.XCVI
Stefano Emiliani
United_States
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0