BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-31-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
Shadysu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Looking at an 09 135i

Hey all
Looking at a 135i to pickup next week
Its a N54, 173k Kilometers
This is the maintenance that has been done so far

OEM Turbos have been replcaed
Water Pump Replaced/Thermostat
Valve Cover Gasket
OFHG Gasket
Ignition/Spark Plugs

Thats all about that's done on the Maintenance side

The car has full bolt ons as well on a stage 1 MHD tune, don't really care as I'll be undoing all that,

The owner said the only issue he currently has is with the CAS Module, he rigged up a secondary way to turn on the car, I will check it out more indepth in person, and waiting for more pictures

The Owner is asking 14kCAD which I believe is a decent deal for a 135i n54 Manual, with Red interior, But hes open to negotiate

What are some other things that are prone to failure on the E82? Im very familiar with the N54 engines, just not the E82 Shell.

The Fuel injectors haven't been replaced is what he told me as well, Im surprised the stock injectors haven't given him issues yet which was a bit odd.

This is the only 135i I could find that is even worth looking at, so I'm hoping to pull the trigger on this very soon

Any advice and suggestions will be appriciated !
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 05:05 PM   #2
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

I think C$14K is a bit much for 173K kms. Likely been thru every salty winter too. Is the drivers floor mat very clean? Can owner prove at least 1 oil change per year? Are there very good quality tires on car? Should have very good quality snow tires on it right now. Other maintenance records? Since you know N54's, you must know a good BMW garage; get them to do a PPI. Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 09:24 AM   #3
Allen Aquino
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWM8 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
I think C$14K is a bit much for 173K kms. Likely been thru every salty winter too. Is the drivers floor mat very clean? Can owner prove at least 1 oil change per year? Are there very good quality tires on car? Should have very good quality snow tires on it right now. Other maintenance records? Since you know N54's, you must know a good BMW garage; get them to do a PPI. Good Luck
Sure
Appreciate 1
Mosset0.00