BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-07-2022, 11:27 PM   #1
Paullydesh
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M

Converting Non LCI Headlights to LCI / Modification of Halos

Hello Everyone, Todays project is a bit complicated but needs to be dealt with.
I am going to be adding the LCI Brow to a pair of headlights I bought online that are the same but don't have the Brow up top inside of the housing.

My Bmw is a 2013 135i LCI
Not sure which exact model the ones I bought online are from.

Has anyone attempted this before?

Also while I have the headlights apart what kind and brand of halos should I install? Looking to get the hexagons in there.

Ive attached the images for reference.

Any Help is appreciated, Thanks in Advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 04:52 PM   #2
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Why are you planning to transfer the brow? Did you get the wrong set? I'm guessing the ones on top with the brow are the ones that came with the car and the bottom ones are the replacements?

If that is the case, the ones without the brow are from the pre LCI xenons. You got the wrong P/N.

You want

This is the adaptive headlight LCI version of the xenons you have.
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 11:21 PM   #3
Paullydesh
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M

They look Exactly the same, I still haven't taken them apart but from the looks of it they are also adaptive Xenon Headlights just pre LCI.

Reason I'm transferring the Brow is because I want to take apart the headlights to add the m4 style halos. Might as-well black out the pieces inside and transfer the brow..
Appreciate 0