BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #89
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMotorer View Post
Darkening the color really makes it easier to see the various lines. I like the how the body is styled! I wonder if that black tape on the "waistline" is covering up a crease line running all the way down the length of the car...
Yes, it denotes a demarcartion of pergatory separating the sacred (surfaces reflecting the heavens) and the profane (surfaces reflecting the earth).
Bangle stole the idea from Titian...obviously.:biggrin: Possibly this is part of the reason Chris Bangle is known as a "rennaisance man".

venezino tiziano (Titian) Sacred and Profane Love 1514

I'm ready for the press release!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #90
kere
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

Yeah!

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_...sid=784&page=1
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #91
ghotman906
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kere View Post

these other pics are great! and this car stands out more than the other gray one we saw last week!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #92
ghotman906
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

oh, and now they're saying the official debut is on July 1st?!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #93
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

More pics and info:

The 1-series coupe must be the most scooped model of recent months?

It certainly has had its fair share of sightings. The countdown continues, though, and these barely disguised shots taken at the Nurburgring reveal the 1-series coupe's finished look two weeks ahead of its official debut on 1 July. The sleek new two-door is designed to broaden the appeal of the 1-series range, whose three- and five-door sales have lagged behind expectations.

BMW is the past master of stretching each model line in multiple directions to fill every available niche; it now hopes to 'do a 3-series' with the 1-series, and spin off a full range of bodystyles, of which this coupe is first.

These photos really show off the 1-series' lines to full effect

The coupe gains a more elegant silhouette than the oddly proportioned hatchback, whose familiar styling remains at the front and side, with overly large headlights and the middle-age paunch cutline on the door sills. The notchback rear end houses a good-sized boot, but don’t expect anyone over the age of 10 to squeeze into the back seats in comfort.

Due to launch at the Los Angeles Motor Show signifying the importance of the North American market, the coupe will be closely followed by the cabriolet version. A fabric folding roof and even less rear seat space mark out the drop-top, a direct descendant of BMW's 2002 CS1 concept that caused such a stir.

Ok, we’ve got 1-series hatchbacks, coupes and convertibles. That’s all, right?

Come on, this is BMW we’re talking about. Predictably, it's still considering an M1 version based on the coupe. The most obvious power source would be a lightly fettled version of the 3.2-litre six from the outgoing M3, with a raucous 343bhp. Seeing as the current 1-series line-up will continue on sale until 2011, the M1 project is sounding more feasible by the day.

Beyond 2011, expect the next-gen 1-series replacement to change significantly. New additions on the drawing board include a basic two-seater roadster badged Z1, a coupe/estate crossover, and even an all-new X1 crossover with a shark-nose design showcased by the recent CS concept.

What engines will be in the One coupe?

Three new 2.0 diesels are expected, offering a choice of 143bhp, 177bhp or a twin-turbo 204bhp depending on the size of your wallet. Petrol variants will come initially in 2.0 and 3.0-litre form, packing 170bhp or 272bhp respectively. Beyond that, light-pressure turbocharging for the petrol units is being discussed, as seen in the 306bhp 335i.

Prices for the coupe are estimated to command a £1000-£1500 premium over the current five-door hatch. Historically, BMW likes to introduce a new range with the more powerful engines first, so a basic 120i coupe should be yours for just under £21,000.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #94
hector
Captain
Rep
Drives: e46 330ci, e92 335i, 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinzero View Post

What I have is not a piggy back, but a little hand held device... When done, you unplug it and keep it in your house. ...
unfortunately, under the patriot act the justice department may, without prior notice and without the need of a search warrant, raid the HOME of anyone suspected of having engaged in any activities to enhance the performance of their automobile.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #95
Brookside
Major
Rep

There's a bunch of info in this article that's pretty interesting-
one item, the 1-er hatch is priced differently in every country-
ie, if you convert British sterling to American dollars the price
you come up with won't be the actual price it would sell for here.
The value of the dollar, which seems to drop every day compared to the Euro is overlooked in a sense, because of the size of the N/A market
and the strategic currency plans BMW has in place to safeguard profits.

The other thing is Car says the 1-er will debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show.That's in September...it's been moved this year from January to September because the Detroit Auto Show garnered all the publicity and production debuts. It's a move by L.A. to become the premier auto show in the country.

This is the first we've heard of the press pics moving to July 1 from next Tuesday. I hope that isn't true.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #96
aural iNK
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghotman906 View Post
oh, and now they're saying the official debut is on July 1st?!
Where was everyone getting the Tuesday 6/19 debut info from in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #97
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aural iNK View Post
Where was everyone getting the Tuesday 6/19 debut in the first place?
Our inside guy...Scott.I'm going to check elsewhere and see if I can get some more info.:iono:
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #98
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

These pics just get better and better. Camou can really scare the crap out of me. The side profile on this gray car reminds me so much of the E46. Look at the Hoffmeister Kink!!

And in regards to a July 1st Press Release........:mad:
      06-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #99
Brookside
Major
Rep

EniLab:
"The fact is there is still no E82 material present on mediapool.bmw service, so I really doubt we will see PR in Tuesday - since the material is available approx. a week in advance before embargo ends.

Perhaps on Tuesday material will be available on mediapool service, while the embargo will end (=when PR is released) a week or about 10 days later ... so, very close to July 1st.
Yet I'm sure we will see some leaked pics next week ... " ?

Yeah, this is Eni from GCZ...another inside guy, perhaps not so high up as Scott. Note his post about more "leaked pics".
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #100
PACIFICONE2003
Private
Rep
Drives:

from worldcarfan.com yesterday:

BMW’s 1 Series Coupe Testing with Hans Joachim Stuck

Text by Hans G. Lehmann
Copyright by Lehmann Photo-Syndication
June 14, 2007

Legendary German Race Car Champion Testing at Nürburgring

</STRONG>
Only six weeks after a very serious crash and just two days after the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring where he also went off the track, the legendary German race car champion Hans-Joachim Stuck took another BMW around the Nürburgring, again. However, this time it wasn’t his normal Z4 Coupe race car, but the brand new and not yet official BMW 1-series Coupe.
BMW had asked their 56 year old race driver to do some laps around the ring while shooting a video for advertising. Equipped with cameras, the new 1-series Coupe did some quick rounds, and when Stuck got out of the car he had a big smile on his face. The pictured prototype is a 135i plus M sport package. It can be recognized from the rear view shot by its double exhaust pipe.
And while Stuck was doing some interviews, BMW staff rushed to make the prototype disappear again very rapidly, because too many fans had spotted the big star and were trying their best to take pictures, both of him and the secret car.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #101
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

I just noticed that the gray car above has the black window trim. My 0.02, I like the chrome better. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #102
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
EniLab:
"The fact is there is still no E82 material present on mediapool.bmw service, so I really doubt we will see PR in Tuesday - since the material is available approx. a week in advance before embargo ends.

Perhaps on Tuesday material will be available on mediapool service, while the embargo will end (=when PR is released) a week or about 10 days later ... so, very close to July 1st.
Yet I'm sure we will see some leaked pics next week ... " ?

Yeah, this is Eni from GCZ...another inside guy, perhaps not so high up as Scott. Note his post about more "leaked pics".

SHIT!! I believe Eni is very credible.He said that May 31st would more than likely would be the M -Packet for the x5 and he was right. At this rate, we'll see the PR a few days before the auto show in September.
      06-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #103
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
unfortunately, under the patriot act the justice department may, without prior notice and without the need of a search warrant, raid the HOME of anyone suspected of having engaged in any activities to enhance the performance of their automobile.
I also believe that DoHS has developed surveillance squirrel robots. We had one breaking in our house while we were on vacation. Incidentally, that's when I lost my design for the prototype remote peeing machine.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #104
Propagator
Captain
Rep

Holy high beltline Batman!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #105
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:

Holy high beltline Batman!
I love it.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #106
Propagator
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I love it.
I don't know Brook. High belt line does look decent from the outside, but from the inside I feel trapped. It may not look as substantial, but I like a lot of glass in my car.

I hope at least part of it is because you sit very low.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #107
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
I don't know Brook. High belt line does look decent from the outside, but from the inside I feel trapped. It may not look as substantial, but I like a lot of glass in my car.

I hope at least part of it is because you sit very low.
Nah, Spin you're going to love it. + higher beltline puts more steel between
you and potential harm.

I do have an idea... a petition of sorts to BMW.

Since there will be "leaked" photos next week can I request some different colors? We've seen blue and red and grey...as you know.
Also, I appreciated seeing Hans-Joachim Stuck. Can we see, and I know this is a big request, Susanne Klatten driving the 1-er prototype?
Or, Miss Deutschland 2007? How about some of the women from the fat-suit department?
But please...NO MORE CHUCKY!
It's been fun, Mojave, Nurburgring...but we are ready for a change.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #108
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Nah, Spin you're going to love it. + higher beltline puts more steel between
you and potential harm.

I do have an idea... a petition of sorts to BMW.

Since there will be "leaked" photos next week can I request some different colors? We've seen blue and red and grey...as you know.
Also, I appreciated seeing Hans-Joachim Stuck. Can we see, and I know this is a big request, Susanne Klatten driving the 1-er prototype?
Or, Miss Deutschland 2007? How about some of the women from the fat-suit department?
But please...NO MORE CHUCKY!
It's been fun, Mojave, Nurburgring...but we are ready for a change.
Haha, I highly doubt Ms. Klatten has drivin anything in a decade. Look at Oprah. She hadnt driven anything in 15years prior to a few months ago. Billionaires...sheesh.
      06-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #109
Brookside
Major
Rep

Ok then, how about Chris Bangle chauffeuring Susanne...in the 1-er?
It's summer, people are getting ready for vacation, a good time for the bigwigs to have fun.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #110
superlight
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 4runner

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...35i_spy_shots/
Appreciate 0