09-12-2017, 01:31 AM   #45
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Can you provide more details on your upgraded oil coolers?
Hi, not sure where this was purchased from. Here are some pictures if that may help.

BMW 1M 2011. Akrapovic Evo exhaust w/wireless kit, AR design DP, , Wagner EVO I IC, Cobb chargepipe, Turbosmart Diverter valves, AFE GT Momentum intake, MMP inlets, Cobb Accesport with custom Buraq map, BMS oilcatch can, Setrab 2nd oil cooler, Rogue short shifter, Ohlins R&T suspension, Brembo 18z brakecaliper w/Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Recaro CS seats
Appreciate 1
ayao627.50
      10-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #46
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW MY12 1M

What are your oil temps with that installed? Cruise and after fast driving?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:01 AM   #47
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
What are your oil temps with that installed? Cruise and after fast driving?
Hi, at cruising I have around 90-95degC (200degF)
On the track I had stable temps around 120-125degC (250-260degF)
BMW 1M 2011. Akrapovic Evo exhaust w/wireless kit, AR design DP, , Wagner EVO I IC, Cobb chargepipe, Turbosmart Diverter valves, AFE GT Momentum intake, MMP inlets, Cobb Accesport with custom Buraq map, BMS oilcatch can, Setrab 2nd oil cooler, Rogue short shifter, Ohlins R&T suspension, Brembo 18z brakecaliper w/Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Recaro CS seats
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #48
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep

Thanks man, those are good temps from a single setrab 20 row core. What ambient temps is that in? I know it gets super cold there but I am after a more 'normal temp' idea of the performance, say 15-25*C ambient. Also you say in your signature 'second oil cooler', but it appears to replace the OEM cooler in the stock location, making it the only oil cooler on the car. I plan to do the same to mine too.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #49
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man, those are good temps from a single setrab 20 row core. What ambient temps is that in? I know it gets super cold there but I am after a more 'normal temp' idea of the performance, say 15-25*C ambient. Also you say in your signature 'second oil cooler', but it appears to replace the OEM cooler in the stock location, making it the only oil cooler on the car. I plan to do the same to mine too.
The ambient temps was between 10-20degC, and yes it can get cold here but where I live it normally dosent get colder than -10degC during the winter. In summer time we have between 15-25degC.

I have the Setrab cooler in the stock location and a second one behind one of the kidneys. You can see a picture of that a little further back in this thread. It is a little bit smaller than the 20row setrab.
Previous owner did the oil cooler upgrades do to high oiltemps when tracking the car. I had very stable oil temps at the track and I ran several 15-20min heats before driving off the track.

You are right about the signature, I see it now that it can be missleading. Not sure of the brand of the oilcooler behind the kidney. I will check that.
Appreciate 1
ayao627.50
      10-27-2017, 08:55 AM   #50
balloonsalesman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M BSM

FMIC is wagner evo 1 competition or performance?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #51
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloonsalesman View Post
FMIC is wagner evo 1 competition or performance?
Competition
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #52
aamelin
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollefsen View Post
I have the Setrab cooler in the stock location and a second one behind one of the kidneys. You can see a picture of that a little further back in this thread. It is a little bit smaller than the 20row setrab.
Previous owner did the oil cooler upgrades do to high oiltemps when tracking the car.
Not sure of the brand of the oilcooler behind the kidney. I will check that.
Hi Trond! Regarding small front oil cooler - it's Mocal 10-Row, 115 Matrix Oil Cooler (painted in black).
Appreciate 2
ayao627.50
      11-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #53
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamelin View Post
Quote:
Previous owner did the oil cooler upgrades do to high oiltemps when tracking the car.
Not sure of the brand of the oilcooler behind the kidney. I will check that.
Hi Trond! Regarding small front oil cooler - it's Mocal 10-Row, 115 Matrix Oil Cooler (painted in black).
[IMG]https://a.d-cd.net/583f98as-960.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks for the info Andrey
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #54
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Any recollection about if this was a drop-in sort of fit?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #55
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Quote:
Any recollection about if this was a drop-in sort of fit?
It looks more or less drop in. Some minor cutting on the inner plastic frame behind the kidney to make room for the oil hoses coming up in the cooler.
Appreciate 1
ayao627.50
      02-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #56
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Hi all. A little update from Norway. Had the opertunity to access a proper workshop this weekend and managed to do some stuff on the 1M.

First we installed MMP silicone inlets. Used about 10-12 hrs on that job. Had a few frustrating moments durring the install but not the typically struggles that I`ve read on various forums. The inlets itself was suprisingly easy to get in place. The real struggle for me was getting the clamps on the down pipes in place when putting parts together. Also struggled with removing the electric fan for some reasons. Another thing that took some time was cutting the rear oem inlet. I started the cut so I was cuting along the plastic pipe, but when finally started a new cut just a half a cm next to the first cut it took just a couple of minutes.

I guess with out the struggles I had the inlets install would have taken 6-8 hrs.

Anyway, they are in now and sounds amazing. Have not been WOT yet but it feels like the engine is a little more free breathing and more responsive than before.

Also changed the CDV with a new oem one but with the restrictive ID/nozzle removed. This was a good improvement when it comes to drivability.

Removed the oem PCV with a RB upgraded PCV.

The last thing a did was installing a carbon/glass fiber front lip. Just a little descret one to match my rear carbon wing on the trunk.

Not to many pictures taken, but will take better ones when weather is better

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...n/IMG_2457.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...n/IMG_2455.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...n/IMG_2424.jpg[/IMG]

Some start up videos

Appreciate 2
JP-1M171.00
T1M196.00
      02-07-2018, 12:13 AM   #57
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep

Love it man. What brand of lip is that?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 01:47 AM   #58
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Love it man. What brand of lip is that?
Thanks.
The lip I found on eBay for a good price. Made in Taiwan. It is made of fiberglass so not real carbon fibre.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172995854011

The roads in Norway Are not always in a good condition and we have a lot of speed bumps. Didn't what to buy a expensive lip that might just last a few weeks.

If this one breaks it is not a big hit economically.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 03:57 PM   #59
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vo 1m

Quote:
Hi all. A little update from Norway. Had the opertunity to access a proper workshop this weekend and managed to do some stuff on the 1M.

First we installed MMP silicone inlets. Used about 10-12 hrs on that job. Had a few frustrating moments durring the install but not the typically struggles that I`ve read on various forums. The inlets itself was suprisingly easy to get in place. The real struggle for me was getting the clamps on the down pipes in place when putting parts together. Also struggled with removing the electric fan for some reasons. Another thing that took some time was cutting the rear oem inlet. I started the cut so I was cuting along the plastic pipe, but when finally started a new cut just a half a cm next to the first cut it took just a couple of minutes.

I guess with out the struggles I had the inlets install would have taken 6-8 hrs.

Anyway, they are in now and sounds amazing. Have not been WOT yet but it feels like the engine is a little more free breathing and more responsive than before.

Also changed the CDV with a new oem one but with the restrictive ID/nozzle removed. This was a good improvement when it comes to drivability.

Removed the oem PCV with a RB upgraded PCV.

The last thing a did was installing a carbon/glass fiber front lip. Just a little descret one to match my rear carbon wing on the trunk.

Not to many pictures taken, but will take better ones when weather is better

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...n/IMG_2457.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...n/IMG_2455.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...n/IMG_2424.jpg[/IMG]

Some start up videos

Excellent job mate. Looks and sounds fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 06:15 AM   #60
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdawood View Post
Excellent job mate. Looks and sounds fantastic.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 01:40 AM   #61
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

A few pictures of the new front end.

Just received a SCHROTH Quick Fit 4-Point Harness and will be installing that soon. Looking forward to use that for trackdays.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 08:31 AM   #62
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Schroth hardness installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #63
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Picture from this season's first trackday. Photo taken by femmerpix.
The car is performing great after inlets install. Did some logs at the track and have received an updated map from buraq that takes advantage of the inlet upgrade.

Will do two full trackdays next weekend and are very excited

Also installed DCI's just for the sound. With silicone inlets and 20psi boost there is a lot of turbo spool noice
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
///BYU268.50
JP-1M171.00
      05-18-2018, 07:32 AM   #64
JP-1M
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Picture from this season's first trackday. Photo taken by femmerpix.
The car is performing great after inlets install. Did some logs at the track and have received an updated map from buraq that takes advantage of the inlet upgrade.

Will do two full trackdays next weekend and are very excited

Also installed DCI's just for the sound. With silicone inlets and 20psi boost there is a lot of turbo spool noice
Lovely lovely picture. Forgive me for the thread tangent, but your shot so reminded me of one my buddy captured on film from a recent canyon carving outing between Chichibu and Okutama to the west of Tokyo.
Attached Images

05-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #65
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the update, great to hear your car is doing well and being used for fun. How’s the Akra sound out on track? I find a helmet really reduces what I can hear so an exhaust really helps know what the engine is doing.

Love the photo too.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2018, 02:27 AM   #66
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update, great to hear your car is doing well and being used for fun. How’s the Akra sound out on track? I find a helmet really reduces what I can hear so an exhaust really helps know what the engine is doing.

Love the photo too.
Thanks for reading.
The Akra sounds great on the track with the valve open. Even with the helmet on it is roaring like a beast.
Have been getting comments from others on the track, when they are behind me they can't hear they own car due to my Akra noice.
Appreciate 0