01-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #45
pebblebeachguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M and '13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
How much discount to MSRP did you sell it for? I really want a good deal on one
Traded it in on a Cayanne for my wife. Value held up suprisingly well. I was shocked how much my dealer was willing to put into the car. It was a great car that I used as a DD as well as the track. I had it a little over 2 years and 25k trouble free miles.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #46
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Check http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/index/0,,...yQ1BN,00.html# (official UK BMW website).
Click on the tab "Facts & Figures" and subsequently choose "Compare the new BMW 1 Series M Coupé against its competitors".
Then BMW shows a very brief table comparo of BMW 1M v. Audi TT RS Coupé v. Porsche Cayman S with the message "All data published is supplied by KeeResources' KWIKCarCost. All data in comparison table is valid at December 2010".

Maybe some folks at Zuffenhausen were not amused and decided to offer the Cayman R (instead of the Cayman S) to car journalists for 1M comparo testdrives ?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #47
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 502 of 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Love the old S4s with 2.7TT. I would love to find one in good shape with low mileage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RizOne View Post
That S4 was a great car - could mod the heck out it. My current daily driver is an E90 M3 I just picked up. The 1M and TT RS are more weekend toys, the hardcore Porsche's are more once/month affairs.
I owned a B5 S4 for 7 years, until it started to fall apart at 70k. Even heavily modded (had Stasis coil overs, sways and end links, Stoptech Brakes and stage 2+ power mods) the car was a heavy pig. Simply put, the e46 M3 stomped it in every way except rain handling. Also, once you maxed out the easy power, it is not a cheap modding car. The turbos are a bitch to replace, the software was never right and don't get me started on the fueling, throttle body and intercooler setup.

As far as the 1M vs the Cayman. To each their own, the Cayman will out handle the 1M. However, from what I understand in talking to multiple Cayman owners the clutch goes about every 50K and there is no included maintenance in the US. In other words, enjoy your 200 dollar oil changes and 3 to 5K clutch jobs every 4 years or so.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #48
gnpower
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M Sport 135i

Which one do you think will hold its value more?