BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #23
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
yep, it happens to the best of us. I guess my will power is not strong enought.

One more question about the dinan ecu...the company says it takes the speed governor off, so what do you think the actual top speed is of the 135i?
If you going to load this car with options get a 335i coupe.

I personally think the perfect 1er, is a 135i with sport package only.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #24
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
called Dinan and the way the reflash works is you can get the flash done at BMW to fix whatever it is the flash fixes then go back to Dinan (or the same dealer if thats where you got it) and get the Dinan tune put back on.

He explained it to me as BMW's tune is A,B,C where C is the part that Dinan makes changes.. so A and B stay the same and Dinan's flash just overwrites C.

Hope that makes sense
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #25
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
called Dinan and the way the reflash works is you can get the flash done at BMW to fix whatever it is the flash fixes then go back to Dinan (or the same dealer if thats where you got it) and get the Dinan tune put back on.

He explained it to me as BMW's tune is A,B,C where C is the part that Dinan makes changes.. so A and B stay the same and Dinan's flash just overwrites C.

Hope that makes sense
I wonder if they'll charge a labor fee every time you have to reload the dinan software after oem software upgrades?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #26
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4135i View Post
I wonder if they'll charge a labor fee every time you have to reload the dinan software after oem software upgrades?
i thought i put that in there, but no charge
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #27
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
i thought i put that in there, but no charge
The more I hear the more I think I'll go with dinan. I just called my dealer sales guy but he said he wasn't familiar with dinan and to contact the parts department for details..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #28
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Quote:
The more I hear the more I think I'll go with dinan. I just called my dealer sales guy but he said he wasn't familiar with dinan and to contact the parts department for details..
You may want to contact Eric at Dinan to find a nearby dealer for the install.
      03-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #29
white911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135I - white/coral red - sport

Quote:
I don't know where you are in VA; but, Passport is a dealer for Dinan and they are listed on the Dinan site. One of the employees had a dyno pull followed by a Dinan flash followed by another pull. When I ordered the car the CA showed me a marketing flyer from Dinan. (They are located just inside the beltway off of Branch Avenue).

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #30
Russo
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Dodge Dakota Big Horn

lol, nobody in Louisiana
edit: on the other hand there are several BMW dealers who are in Texas that are also Dinan certified....

BLUEFAKES.COM ARE SCAMMERS, LIERS, AND CHEATERS! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #31
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
You may want to contact Eric at Dinan to find a nearby dealer for the install.
My dealership is checkered flag bmw in virginia beach. They are listed as a dinan distributor on dinan's website. My particular salesman just isn't very familiar with dinan. It also didn't help that I called his cell while he wasn't at work.

If you buy dinan software at the time of car purchase, does the sales person get a cut of the dinan sale price? If not, that explains why they wouldn't have motivation to know everything about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #32
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in St. Pete View Post
Within the last year, the Technical Editor of the Roundel produced an extensive report on a full Dnan upgrade of his 3 series. Because it involved a good many hardware changes as well as software upgrades, the accompanying photos are extensive. A discussion of what makes Dinan Dinan, from inside the shop over the course of a week vs. via marketing blurbs, was highly informative. I believe this issue is still online with that article available, altho' I notice BMW CCA also offers back issues for sale. If you're thinking about sourcing aftermarket products, choosing the supplier is a key step...and as mentioned above, Dinan is obviously one vendor to consider. In which case this article is well worth your time. (Not a CCA member? Tsk tsk... <g> )

For a full digital copy of the Nov 2007 Roundel, visit http://www.roundel-digital.com/roundel/sample/ Also, to see a sample Tech Talk column, go to p.118.

Jack

I cannot locate that dinan article! Any help?
Appreciate 0