BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Best place to buy Depo's for 128i with factory Halogens

So I see the set of Depo V2 on **********$ website that are strictly plug and play with the H7 bulbs and no errors. But I also see the simliar item on the auction site for substantially less.

They look the same, blacked out housings, Clear corners, and Angel Eyes already installed.

My car is a 2011 128i with factory halogens. At this point I'm not concerned with trying to convert anything, pull apart lenses, wiring changes, etc.

Just looking for a simple plug and play Depo V2 that I can install on the car as anything is a cosmetic enhancement for what I currently have.

Any ideas if there are any difference between them. Of course I want the best price option, but don't want to get something misrepresented either.

Any opinions are appreciated on where I could pick up a set at a reasonable price. I will look at taillight upgrades a little later. I'm trying to take my time, but my collection is growing.

I put the rear diff in, and I have a 3SI intake along with a set of AA headers taking up space as well. Weather just hasn't been cooperating.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Rmtt; 02-14-2019 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 05:55 AM   #2
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

My bad...looks like I can't enter the Mod-B@rg@in$ site.
      02-18-2019, 02:00 AM   #3
Crematoriant
Thane
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

I have Depo's for about 4 years now. Still working like a new. For some photos check my old -> Topic <- I was running them with Osram nightsbreaker (both low and high beam). Only recently I changed osram in low beam by -> LED Philips <-. Still works perfectly tho.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2019, 11:04 PM   #4
Gunther128i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crematoriant View Post
I have Depo's for about 4 years now. Still working like a new. For some photos check my old -> Topic <- I was running them with Osram nightsbreaker (both low and high beam). Only recently I changed osram in low beam by -> LED Philips <-. Still works perfectly tho.
I’m following this thread. Need this option for my 2013 128 halogens. Is there a site you can share where we can purchase? US based here. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 03:33 AM   #5
Crematoriant
Thane
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

Gunther128i I'm not familiar with US e-shops which could have that.

So the only shop I know is Schmiedmann worldwide, link -> https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E...?product=FL87S
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther128i View Post
I’m following this thread. Need this option for my 2013 128 halogens. Is there a site you can share where we can purchase? US based here. Thanks!
Well the auction site had a 15% coupon offered today, so I ordered some depo V2's.

If you do a search for BMW E82 Depo V2's, it will usually be the first item that shows up. Sold by a user named fishcakes if I remember correctly. But it's a complete plug and play supposedly with no issues, black housings, clear corners, and Angel Eyes already installed by Depo. Comes with all needed bulbs.

It is strictly for Halogen optioned cars.

I'm sure there will be coding involved for using them as daytime running lights, but that can be done through Carly App...or one of the others.

Coupon saved me $60!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 10:19 PM   #7
Gunther128i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Well the auction site had a 15% coupon offered today, so I ordered some depo V2's.

If you do a search for BMW E82 Depo V2's, it will usually be the first item that shows up. Sold by a user named fishcakes if I remember correctly. But it's a complete plug and play supposedly with no issues, black housings, clear corners, and Angel Eyes already installed by Depo. Comes with all needed bulbs.

I'm sure there will be coding involved for using them as daytime running lights, but that can be done through Carly App...or one of the others.

Coupon saved me $60!
Wow sweet! I’ll definitely check them out! I’m new to the bmw community and headlights are definitely a must! I still need to get the carly app and plug for changing codes.

Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #8
LcossE82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther128i View Post

Coupon saved me $60!
Would it not work at all for cars without the halogen option? I'm honestly confused by this
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #9
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcossE82 View Post
Would it not work at all for cars without the halogen option? I'm honestly confused by this
From what I understand, they will only work with cars that came with Halogens from the factory. Also I believe that Halogens are the "standard" lights for these cars anyway and anything different you may have is an upgraded option that is a better platform to start with anyway.

Also I just bumped my "Angel Eye" thread so you could see what mine looked like.
      11-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #10
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcossE82 View Post
From what I understand, they will only work with cars that came with Halogens from the factory. Also I believe that Halogens are the "standard" lights for these cars anyway and anything different you may have is an upgraded option that is a better platform to start with anyway.

Also I just bumped my "Angel Eye" thread so you could see what mine looked like.
That's correct! Purchased a set back in 2014 and had OSS open up the stock DEPOT headlights and replace the rings with their LEDs. Also - standard DEPOT wiring doesn't have the rings as DRL unless you run parking lights and then you have your small parking light on too. Simple coder can resolve this as well!