BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

10-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 135i

Scammed :/

Recently, my brother bought a jb4 from a forum member Skers 05 He told him that it was $350. Didnt even want to budge on the price, so i was assuming it was a very good condition g5 board. Little did we know, it was actually a g4, which im guessing the seller had no clue about. Seller was completely rude saying that it was our fault for not asking. I told him id be happy to return it and even pay for his shipping out to my brother. After him telling us that he wasnt going to be willing to work things out, he blocked my number and later my brothers too. Now im stuck with a hugely overpriced jb4 g4 thats obsolete :/
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335XI MSport, S2000

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominun View Post
Recently, my brother bought a jb4 from a forum member Skers 05 He told him that it was $350. Didnt even want to budge on the price, so i was assuming it was a very good condition g5 board. Little did we know, it was actually a g4, which im guessing the seller had no clue about. Seller was completely rude saying that it was our fault for not asking. I told him id be happy to return it and even pay for his shipping out to my brother. After him telling us that he wasnt going to be willing to work things out, he blocked my number and later my brothers too. Now im stuck with a hugely overpriced jb4 g4 thats obsolete :/
That stinks. You can always send it to burgertuning to have it upgraded....OR you can just run it. I had a G4 on my car for a while, it was okay for just normal OTS stuff.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff View Post
Quote:
That stinks. You can always send it to burgertuning to have it upgraded....OR you can just run it. I had a G4 on my car for a while, it was okay for just normal OTS stuff.
Yeah, but he was planning on running jb4 backend flash with it and a few other things including PI. 175, on top of 350 is basically buying a brand new one :/
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #4
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335XI MSport, S2000

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, but he was planning on running jb4 backend flash with it and a few other things including PI. 175, on top of 350 is basically buying a brand new one :/
Welp. That's what happens. Sorry man. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by complaining about it on here though....and if you send it in it WILL be brand new.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff View Post
Quote:
Welp. That's what happens. Sorry man. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by complaining about it on here though....and if you send it in it WILL be brand new.
Yeah i understand. Just want to let other people know to watch out when buying from this guy.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
Fakemike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i N54 MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Did you use Paypal? They are very buyer friendly when it comes to scamers.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #7
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Yeah i understand. Just want to let other people know to watch out when buying from this guy.
Sorry, about what happened. And I appreciate your post. Helps people keep an eye out for scammers.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #8
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakemike View Post
Yes i did. Will be calling them today
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #9
methodz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 Le Mans 135i Vert

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy about your purchase. I have no dog in this fight and don't know the current street prices of these items so I don't know if the value led you to assume it was a newer version. Is $350 too high for a G4? Is $350 too low for a G5(Too good to be true) The important thing is if you actually asked him if it was a G4 or G5 and he LIED to you. He would then be a scammer, but it sounds like that isn't how it went down. Again forgive me for saying that but I don't know how you'd dispute this unless he blatantly lied to you. I will say if you were charged much higher than the street price the "right" thing to do would be to reverse the sale but that also doesn't sound like it is going to happen.

Looks like it isn't a total loss as there are still some things you can do with your item. I'd chalk this up to the "live and learn" scenario.
Appreciate 1
BimmerAg425.00
      10-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #10
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodz View Post
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy about your purchase. I have no dog in this fight and don't know the current street prices of these items so I don't know if the value led you to assume it was a newer version. Is $350 too high for a G4? Is $350 too low for a G5(Too good to be true) The important thing is if you actually asked him if it was a G4 or G5 and he LIED to you. He would then be a scammer, but it sounds like that isn't how it went down. Again forgive me for saying that but I don't know how you'd dispute this unless he blatantly lied to you. I will say if you were charged much higher than the street price the "right" thing to do would be to reverse the sale but that also doesn't sound like it is going to happen.

Looks like it isn't a total loss as there are still some things you can do with your item. I'd chalk this up to the "live and learn" scenario.
Yeah the jb4 g4 is obsolete and sells for no more than 150-200. I got my jb4 g5 iso for a steal at 275, so 350 if well above what i paid for mine. That is what made me believe that it was a g5 and never questioned the kind of jb4 it was. Just kinda trusted the guy, but i guess not all people are going to be nice :/
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 09:16 PM   #11
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
That's not a scam. You bought something without thinking or asking relevant questions. You learned a relatively cheap lesson.
      10-16-2017, 09:18 PM   #12
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You didn't get scammed. You agreed to pay $350 for a JB4. You got a JB4.
      10-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #13
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
We can go back and forth on this all day. If i wouldve known it was a jb4 g4, i wouldve never bought it. If he wouldve been a DECENT guy, he wouldve given me some type of refund or return, instead, he blocked me :/
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #14
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
We can go back and forth on this all day. If i wouldve known it was a jb4 g4, i wouldve never bought it. If he wouldve been a DECENT guy, he wouldve given me some type of refund or return, instead, he blocked me :/
Labelling someone as a scammer on a forum like this is a pretty big deal in my book. It takes literally one scam to ruin someone's reputation.

Why don't you post correspondence between you two here and back your story?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #15
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
Quote:
Labelling someone as a scammer on a forum like this is a pretty big deal in my book. It takes literally one scam to ruin someone's reputation.

Why don't you post correspondence between you two here and back your story?
If hes not a scammer what is he? A good forum member??? Ill happily take my money back and will happily send the jb4 and his shipping money back... ill even be happy if he refunded me half the price since thats what the g4 goes for
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #16
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

If he was a scammer that would mean he misrepresented something or took your money without giving you anything. A seller can put whatever price they want, you agreed to pay it and assumed it was a G5. Did at any point he suggest it was the latest G5 board?

Why should he have to refund you if you've decided it was a bad price AFTER you've already paid him? If you sold your car to someone who paid the full asking price, and he assumed it was something it wasn't, and then asked for his money back would you refund him?
      10-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Alright fine. Let's do this the hard way:

Quote:
so i was assuming it was a very good condition g5 board.

You assumed. You messed up.

Quote:
Little did we know, it was actually a g4, which im guessing the seller had no clue about.
I'm pretty sure the seller knew what he was selling. It was you who didn't have a clue.

Quote:
If hes not a scammer what is he? A good forum member???
No. It makes him a good business man. He got his money back and then some because you were willing to assume it was something it wasn't.

I like to do my own research when someone starts throwing rocks at one person's reputation.

I searched him up and he's been on this forum since 2009. He has 360 posts to which most of those posts are on the classifieds for parts he's selling. He's sold a bit of stuff here for quite awhile. For the stuff that he is selling now, his prices actually seem rather reasonable.

Scammers are scammers. They aren't honest one day, then dishonest the next. He's been on this forum long enough (and this forum has some pretty strict rules and it doesn't take much to be banned...) for us to doubt your word against his.

Now here is my point. He may very well be a scammer, but your not willing to show your FULL side of the story. This person has a trail here that says "not a scammer," yet you say he is. Fine. Please prove it.

But don't call someone a scammer if it was your fault you overpaid for something you could have gotten cheaper somewhere else.

Lastly, please don't take this as me being condescending. I'm not. I'm just trying to get the missing side of a story that's all.
Appreciate 3
BimmerAg425.00
Marc08EX138.50
      10-16-2017, 10:00 PM   #18
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
Alright fine. Let's do this the hard way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominun;22311478 [B
so i was assuming[/B] it was a very good condition g5 board.
You assumed. You messed up.

Quote:
Little did we know, it was actually a g4, which im guessing the seller had no clue about.
I'm pretty sure the seller knew what he was selling. It was you who didn't have a clue.

Quote:
If hes not a scammer what is he? A good forum member???
No. It makes him a good business man. He got his money back and then some because you were willing to assume it was something it wasn't.

I like to do my own research when someone starts throwing rocks at one person's reputation.

I searched him up and he's been on this forum since 2009. He has 360 posts to which most of those posts are on the classifieds for parts he's selling. He's sold a bit of stuff here for quite awhile. For the stuff that he is selling now, his prices actually seem rather reasonable.

Scammers are scammers. They aren't honest one day, then dishonest the next. He's been on this forum long enough (and this forum has some pretty strict rules and it doesn't take much to be banned...) for us to doubt your word against his.

Now here is my point. He may very well be a scammer, but your not willing to show your FULL side of the story. This person has a trail here that says "not a scammer," yet you say he is. Fine. Please prove it.

But don't call someone a scammer if it was your fault you overpaid for something you could have gotten cheaper somewhere else.

Lastly, please don't take this as me being condescending. I'm not. I'm just trying to get the missing side of a story that's all.
I completely agree, my brother shouldve done the research and for that, he has to deal with the consequences. When i bought my jb4, i remember asking if it was a g4 or g5. However, this time, due to the price of it, we assumed it was a g5.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #19
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Fact is: you're in the wrong here. You just won't accept responsibility for screwing yourself. You didn't ask the question that needed to be asked. He did literally nothing to deceive you. I'd block you too. Be accountable. Stop being a child.
      10-17-2017, 06:57 AM   #20
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
The seller probably would have revealed it was a G4 if you asked him, but he got lucky. Be blunt with the seller next time. Hey, maybe you can try selling it for the same price, just hope the buyer doesn't ask what version
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #21
rominun
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
The seller probably would have revealed it was a G4 if you asked him, but he got lucky. Be blunt with the seller next time. Hey, maybe you can try selling it for the same price, just hope the buyer doesn't ask what version
Haha ? i dont really like ripping people off
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread