BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #133
Upgrade+
Good life
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 AW

Whew. Finally ordered. Let me tell you, these guys are great. So nice and helpful. I can tell that they are genuine enthusiaists as well as being vendors. Can't wait to see what else they come up with down the road. I personally would like a nice looking side skirt that has just a touch of cf on it and the rest painted.
Current: 08 E90 M3 Alpine White Former: 11 135i Msport Space Gray -Former: 07 335i Titanium Silver E92- Former: 08 135i Alpine White E82- Past: 06 Subaru STI WRB- Past: 04 Audi S4 Imola yellow- Past:97 Honda prelude Ice blue
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #134
McReary
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

cool. sent in an order for the cf mirrorcaps
thanks for answering my question!

and I'd +1 for some sideskirts like this http://img158.imageshack.us/i/skirtge1.jpg/ n not ne of those performance sideskirts that just add holes and ugly grooves =].

=D
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:52 AM   #135
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Group Buy Concern

It seems as though there are quite a few members on this forum including myself who haven't heard back from iCARBON since placing their order. I am not aware of any international buyers that have actually received a shipping quote and I have had other Aussie members contact me via PM expressing their concern as well. More importantly, we are still waiting on final shots of the front lip, which many of us would be interested in purchasing also if we got to see how it turns out.

iCARBON can you please give us an update on shipping costs so we have an idea of what we are in for?

Last edited by BMW86; 10-07-2009 at 05:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #136
Bullitt
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
^ It has been my understanding that our orders will not begin processing until after the group buy closes later this week. Therefore, order confirmations along with shipping details may not appear until next week. According to their e-newsletter which arrived in my inbox earlier today, iCarbon provided reassurance of what I stated above. In addition, they are planning to display photos of the front lip "in the next few days." I just hope these photos are released before our orders are processed as promised from the beginning. I have a hunch that I shouldn't be worried about how this lip truly looks, but still...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #137
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
^ It has been my understanding that our orders will not begin processing until after the group buy closes later this week. Therefore, order confirmations along with shipping details may not appear until next week. According to their e-newsletter which arrived in my inbox earlier today, iCarbon provided reassurance of what I stated above and are planning to display photos of the front lip "in the next few days." I just hope these photos are released before our orders are processed as promised from the beginning. I have a hunch that I shouldn't be worried about how this lip truly looks, but still...
Thank you for your response Bullitt. I have not received any e-newsletter from iCARBON so I think I have, along with others, been left out of the loop. Also, by not putting up photos of the lip this late in the group buy could potentially mean they miss out on a few extra sales because I know many members are willing to order pending final production photos.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #138
Bullitt
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Other members have also noticed that iCARBON has edited their original post and removed the back end photo of the diffuser... why?
By the way, the diffuser pic still shows up for me though... ?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 01:50 AM   #139
Bullitt
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you for your response Bullitt. I have not received any e-newsletter from iCARBON so I think I have, along with others, been left out of the loop. Also, by not putting up photos of the lip this late in the group buy could potentially mean they miss out on a few extra sales because I know many members are willing to order pending final production photos.
Glad to be of help.
Yeah. However, iCarbon did promise that orders can be canceled if buyers wish to back out on the lip for any reason before the group buy closes.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 01:57 AM   #140
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I think if you have any doubt, cancel your order and wait until you feel you have the information you need to proceed.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #141
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

I tryed to cancel my order but it came up error and said that my order is processing? I then called their number and it said it was unavailable? I sent them a pm and no response which is bad seeing as they said they put a guy on it full time. I hope we didnt get scamed...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #142
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
I tryed to cancel my order but it came up error and said that my order is processing? I then called their number and it said it was unavailable? I sent them a pm and no response which is bad seeing as they said they put a guy on it full time. I hope we didnt get scamed...
When did you try cancelling the order and how? I'm finding it frustrating and very suspicious that iCARBON are continuing to remain active in the forum and extra helpful in assisting more people to place more orders yet refuse to respond to anyone that has already done so...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #143
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
When did you try cancelling the order and how? I'm finding it frustrating and very suspicious that iCARBON are continuing to remain active in the forum and extra helpful in assisting more people to place more orders yet refuse to respond to anyone that has already done so...
Everytime time I PM them, I have gotten replies...just right after I posted yesterday, wondering what they were up to, they e-mailed us a newsletter.
From my standpoint, they have been excellent in customer service. I am sure their guy answering the PMs isn't sitting in front of a computer. Try PM'ing other supporting vendors...they take a couple of days sometimes to reply to PMs as well.

I think until its been at least 3 weeks from when the website/GB opened up and we haven't heard a word from them, then I'd say its time to panic...I think you guys are a little over the edge with this.
      10-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #144
onefastman
Major General
Rep

I went onto shopicarbon.com, loged in, went to my account, then to change quanity/cancel order, then view or change, then need to change quanties or change an item, then set the numbers to zero, clicked update, it asked me if I was sure if I wanted to cancel the order and I clicked yes, finally it gave me an error and a refrence number. When I called icarbon the phone was not in service. This is why I am a little worried
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #145
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
Waiting for the final lip production pictures... we might order one for a car here just to see if there's interest locally!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #146
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

onefastman, I assure you this is no scam. As an active member of this community and a friend of a few guys over at iCarbon, they are not out to scam anyone. Try to be a little more patient and I promise you'll get taken care of.

Last edited by randomquickness; 10-07-2009 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #147
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
^ I assure you this is no scam. As an active member of this community and a friend of a few guys over at iCarbon, they are not out to scam anyone. Try to be a little more patient and I promise you'll get taken care of.

Yeah these guys dont seem like TJ.

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #148
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

I'm about as skeptical as they come, but so far iCarbon has done exactly what they said they were going to do, when they said they were going to do it. They did say that the payment info was held by a third party, so the inability to directly cancel the order might be beyond their control. Send them a PM.

That said, there was no contact info on their site, so hopefully they'll chime in with some way we can contact them beyond PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #149
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
I could not find a phone number either. Was it posted in the last 7 pages?
Just sit tight. The beauty of ordering by credit cards is the ability to contest/dispute if you had to.
      10-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #150
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Ya you are probably right, still the number on the previous thread was not working.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #151
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
I never said anything about a scam... I can't submit a request to purchase a product to my boss without just cause. They will need actual photos so that we can install one
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #152
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey guys, to let you know ALL Pm's have been answered and below are answers to your questions and concerns.

Quote:
Hi iCARBON, i'm also still awaiting a shipping quote?
PM sent with all the info requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82vette View Post
icarbon, looks like you drive 135i,
is it possible to take pictures w/ the cf mirror cap ( possibly diffuser and lips ) and post it on here?
far side and close up maybe?
thanks
We are having a full photo shoot this weekend to show you guys the Front lip. We will make sure to get some shots of the mirror caps to show all of you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lu View Post
hi iCarbon..

I just PM some info and questions that i need to you.
Let me know if you have questions. Thx.

Larry
Larry, PM replied to you are all set

Quote:
I just sent you a PM iCARBON
PM answered let me know if you need anything else BMW86.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
Just asking again:
No drilling will be required. All CF and FRP pieces will be pre-drilled and ready to be installed out of the box.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #153
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It seems as though there are quite a few members on this forum including myself who haven't heard back from iCARBON since placing their order. I am not aware of any international buyers that have actually received a shipping quote and I have had other Aussie members contact me via PM expressing their concern as well. More importantly, we are still waiting on final shots of the front lip, which many of us would be interested in purchasing also if we got to see how it turns out.

iCARBON can you please give us an update on shipping costs so we have an idea of what we are in for?
Hey BMW86, we are sorry that your PM did not get replied to you earlier but we have been activating new shipping accounts and trying to get our shipping rates at a rock bottom price so all you international customers don't get stuck with high shipping rates . Anyhow, we PM'd you with your quote so please let us know if you have any questions regarding that.

Concerning the Font lip pictures, we are doing our final fit and photo shoot this weekend but we will try to get you guys pictures before then, i know you are all waiting anxiously.

We also noticed that you said you were not added to the newsletter. We just added you to the system so please make sure to check in the next 15 minutes.

Thanks again for your order BMW86 let me know if we can do anything else for you.

Quote:
^ It has been my understanding that our orders will not begin processing until after the group buy closes later this week. Therefore, order confirmations along with shipping details may not appear until next week. According to their e-newsletter which arrived in my inbox earlier today, iCarbon provided reassurance of what I stated above. In addition, they are planning to display photos of the front lip "in the next few days." I just hope these photos are released before our orders are processed as promised from the beginning. I have a hunch that I shouldn't be worried about how this lip truly looks, but still...
Glad to see you have been reading our newsletter but you are correct, Bullit, no orders have been processed and no orders will be processed until all of you have seen the full shots of the front lip. We assure everyone that the Font lip looks amazing and all of you will get a chance to see it before credit cards and payments are processed.

Quote:
Glad to be of help.
Yeah. However, iCarbon did promise that orders can be canceled if buyers wish to back out on the lip for any reason before the group buy closes.
As we said before as soon as we have the pictures up and running if you any of you decide that you are not interested in the lip we will cancel your orders at no charge or fee but from what we have seen over here we dont think that is going to happen .

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
Hey onefastman, your PM has been replied and your order has been cancel as we have promised. Please keep in mind that you did cancel your order last night so it takes some time for us to view and and make the change. Every once in a while we tend to get some sleep

There should be no fear of us scamming anyone due to the fact that we have not taken anyones money. No cards have been processed and the group buy is still open with pictures of the front lip coming this week. As always if any of you need to cancel an order right away you can always email us at sales@icarbondesign.com or call us directly and talk to us at 1.866.744.2272. We encourage you guys to call and inquire more information about your order or our products.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #154
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Sorry about that guys. I have been scamed before so I hope you understand why I am skeptical. However I am still on board for the rear diffuser, just not the mirror caps and wing. I was worried because I mismanaged my finances a little and $360 is a big deal for me (a student).
Appreciate 0