BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #23
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 eM View Post
Does anyone have any good pics of the protective film templates that are used on the rear arches as im abit concerned that you will be able to see the edges as BMW made the arches nice and flowing and i dont want these edges spoiling the flow tbh, i am thinking of getting the entire panel done even around the tops of the doors. Not sure what to do however.
Let's put it this way. If you're looking for the line, you will find it depending on angle, however, most people don't see it. If the film is not one of the best out there (in other words if it's hazy or has orange peel), it will be more noticeable than the better films. And lastly, no matter which film you go with, if you let the car get substantially dirty, then naturally some dust/dirt will accumulate on the edge of the film making it a little more noticeable.

What I can tell you is that most people who approach my car don't even notice any of the film unless I point it out. Also, it is so transparent and difficult to see that it typically doesn't show on photos...so I could try to snap some shots and send them your way, but it will be difficult for you to see the edges.

If you look around for the photos I've posted, my car has PPF all over the front, in front of the rear arches, etc, and none of it can be seen.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #24
Martillo
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

what a shame!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #25
JohnCena
Banned
Rep
Drives: VO

Garage List
3M on mine
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
Martillo
Private
Rep

Are there any patterns available... Somewhere?
I would like to get the sheets and cut them myself. The cutting is not a big deal for me.
Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #27
MonsterCoatings
Rep
Drives: 320 Euro (fav), Dodge Cummins

If you search "Monster Coatings" you can find the link to the pics I have posted on Flickr of the detailed install on Matt's 1M including the Rear Wheel Impact Zone Protection Protection pcs you are discussing here. They are pretty easy to install so if you are not in the NYC area they are easily shipped pretty much anywhere. You can ask me any questions about films, installs, or recomendations as well. If you are going to track it or drive it year round I highly recommend the Rocker Kit to all my customers as well. I'm happy to answer all questions about films, brands or film care. 18 years of doing this has taught me a lot.

Laszlo
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #28
MonsterCoatings
Rep
Drives: 320 Euro (fav), Dodge Cummins

Here is the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/monster...7629692792449/
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #29
Martillo
Private
Rep

Cool, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #30
Martillo
Private
Rep

Okay it seems that we all agree that the Beast in question needs some protection for the battle... Now which is the best armor... X pel...3M ... Any takers on this matter?
Mille grazie!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #31
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAM View Post
Yeah I just noticed these chips the other day

I touched it up with dr colorchip and it looks much better. I'll also be buying the rear impact zone from Xpel, which I already have on the front.
Here's the after pics. I did a really poor job with dr colorchip, I suspect with some practice I could get it much better.

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Here's the after pics. I did a really poor job with dr colorchip, I suspect with some practice I could get it much better.
Its hard to tell with the pictures but it looks like it came out pretty good! Where did you get this from?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
Its hard to tell with the pictures but it looks like it came out pretty good! Where did you get this from?
Yeah I did a pretty sloppy job and it came out pretty good. It's actually harder to see in person. You can get it here http://drcolorchip.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #34
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Yeah I did a pretty sloppy job and it came out pretty good. It's actually harder to see in person. You can get it here http://drcolorchip.com/
thx! dont need it now but will be good for future
Appreciate 0