E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > More 335i Turbo news

12-01-2005, 06:13 AM   #23
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Cool

The money grubber comment makes no sense.... : lthey are business to make money and they produce even better cars than they did 10 years ago....they will not make a turbo............trust me .
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2005, 06:19 AM   #24
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
Beside, I believe the rumoured involvement of Alpina in the 335 is just a canard.

Their engine people seem to work very closely with BMW.

They had some involvement with the X5 4.6is engine, which led to the 4.8is engine which was slightly changed to the new 550i/750i/650i engine.

I can see that BMW may have wanted to consult on their experience with BMW style engines running forced induction
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #25
JazzEKline
Private
Rep
Drives: (maybe) 4 series

I'm saying turbo. Not because I have any inside info but just look. Most car makers have at least one forced induction engine in their line (even if it is way up in the line). I don't really count turcks. More and more makers are going to forced induction. I was REALLY suprised when MB went to a supercharger way back whenever they did.

Off topic a little. About a year ago I read volvo or sabb or someone was toying with the idea of a variable compression engine. This engine could change from low compression to high compression during use. That would solve some prolbems with forced induction.

Then a couple of weeks ago I saw some maker show a supercharged and turbocharged engine. I guess the superchager was for low power with no lag and the turbo for the high end. Impressive.

It just seems to me that forced induction is the trend. I think it is here to stay until some one comes up with a cheeper way to make big power. Plus doesn't it just sound cool to the average buyer to hear that carsales person say "superchaged" or "turbocharged"
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #26
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
so basically more sufficient twin-turbo system?
instead of one big turbo, two smaller ones to reduce the lag?

or maybe its completely different?
one small turbo engages for low-rpm boost, and bigger one engages
slightly later and creates bigger boost effect in higher RPM range?

whoa, dual BOVs!
MB has a new tri-turbo concept (small twin-turbo for low rpm and quick kick-in, and a large one for higher rpm and hard acceleration) and it was installed in a SLK320 CDI showcar. The reviews that I've read all reported it had no lag at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #27
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak!
Again... this is BAD INFORMATION.

There will be NO TURBO in the US in the foreseeable future.

The coming 3 series coupe (SOP June'06) will be a NA 3.5L with 310hp and will be called the 335Ci (with a 235hp 328Ci as the entry level coupe). The sedan with the same power plant will follow with a normal production start of Sept.'06.

That is all.

I always vote on SpeedFreak for this.

It will be pretty exciting to see BMW as the best NA engine maker for sporty street cars now go for any turbo design. I am hearing that Mercedes is changing from Supercharged technology to BiTurbo. The only more recent examples are low-end turbo Models such as A200, B200 for Europe. Unless there were indeed big technology advancement in Turbo engine, otherwise, large displacement NA is still MB's way to go.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2005, 10:50 PM   #28
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
I was just reporting that Scott says your delaer info is not correct.

Now who is correct nobody knows yet, but you cannot deny that "dealer" info has been wrong before.

So the possibility is still there that all markets will get a turbo, but maybe not at the same time.

lets wait and see what they say in the media info for the E92 sometime this month

I ever said this was "dealer" info. You... and those who are trying to discredit me are using the label "dealer" as an attempt to insult me and my credibility.

Only a genuine idiot would make that mistake. Now do tell... are you a genuine idiot?

There will be NO turbo for the US market in the immediate future. Could we get one... some day? Sure... anything is possible. But as for the MY07 3 series... absolutely not. Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #29
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Honestly, I am so over this $hit. Let's just wait until BMW NA makes an "official" announcement. Otherwise this is a total waste of bandwidth.

Last edited by SCA; 12-02-2005 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #30
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I ever said this was "dealer" info. You... and those who are trying to discredit me are using the label "dealer" as an attempt to insult me and my credibility.

Only a genuine idiot would make that mistake. Now do tell... are you a genuine idiot?

There will be NO turbo for the US market in the immediate future. Could we get one... some day? Sure... anything is possible. But as for the MY07 3 series... absolutely not. Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Ok, hold on there buddy

Im not trying to do anything agianst you

Im just reporting what my sources say and what the usually very very reliable scott said.

Maybe i missed some of your posts, but I was under the impression you said you got dealer notifications because you work for a dealer somewhere, hence why I said "dealer" info. I appologise if I am wrong about where you got your info.

On previous models other "dealer" info has been wrong before, even you said they keep changing it every few months. Hell dealers here have no clue untill just before a new car arrives. And on other times the "dealer" info has been correct

Scott doesnt work on info from dealers but info from BMW Germany, so to differenciate the sources im calling info that comes from dealers "dealer" info

Now just because im reporting that he says the turbo is coming doesnt meen im saying anything against you, it just means im saying 2 different sources of info are saying 2 different things, and as you know BMW Germany can change anything the day before they launch it, so both may be wrong.

So why dont you sit back and read what other sources say and not take it all as a personal attack
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 12:34 AM   #31
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

Whoa! Now look what you did.
You got E90fleet to write one of his longest post I've seen in a while.

There is no point in laying down our pride and reputation on the line.
Just wait a month or two, and we'll know whose sources are right or wrong. Notice I didn't say who is right or wrong.
2017 340i xDrive | Estoril | Black | Al | 8AT | M Package
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 02:04 AM   #32
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Quote:

To be honest, I think this post is on the unprofessional side. As far as I can tell, nobody attempted to insult you or your credibility. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's you who hasn't had any "non-dealer-level" info proved by solid facts/evidences. Until then, maybe you should remain low-key about it.

I'm not defending E90Fleet as it's your word against his. It's just this kind of bashing is plain lame.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 02:08 AM   #33
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:

You should edit this post. You are making yourself look like a "genuine idiot".
No reason for name calling. E90Fleet is a highly respected member with lots of knownledge.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 06:59 AM   #34
fredtoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325 328 350

Garage List
1986 328  [0.00]
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:

Whaa Whaa Whaa

Is said something on the internet, and it was not taken as gospel.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 07:30 AM   #35
colonelburke
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e60 550i

Here we go.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 07:48 AM   #36
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

What's the big deal over turbocharging? BMW has built and sold numerous turbocharged engines in the past.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 08:18 AM   #37
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Again... this is BAD INFORMATION.

There will be NO TURBO in the US in the foreseeable future.

The coming 3 series coupe (SOP June'06) will be a NA 3.5L with 310hp and will be called the 335Ci (with a 235hp 328Ci as the entry level coupe). The sedan with the same power plant will follow with a normal production start of Sept.'06.

That is all.

You saying the coupe that will be at Genvea this year will be the 328/335? Was thinking that would be a year or two away...

Hope ya right, otherwise ill have really bad blue balls.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #38
england1987
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [7.50]
good

I think that they need to add some turbo power. They need to be able to compete with AMG.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #39
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by england1987
I think that they need to add some turbo power. They need to be able to compete with AMG.

BMW //M is there to compete against AMG
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #40
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

When you see a post that generates an emotional response, I think it is a good idea not to add fuel to the fire. Escalation is pointless. I am so happy to get info from all the great contributors to this list. E90post is like getting a new Road&Track magazine devoted to Bimmers every day.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 01:14 AM   #41
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
Ok, hold on there buddy

Im not trying to do anything agianst you

Im just reporting what my sources say and what the usually very very reliable scott said.

Maybe i missed some of your posts, but I was under the impression you said you got dealer notifications because you work for a dealer somewhere, hence why I said "dealer" info. I appologise if I am wrong about where you got your info.

On previous models other "dealer" info has been wrong before, even you said they keep changing it every few months. Hell dealers here have no clue untill just before a new car arrives. And on other times the "dealer" info has been correct

Scott doesnt work on info from dealers but info from BMW Germany, so to differenciate the sources im calling info that comes from dealers "dealer" info

Now just because im reporting that he says the turbo is coming doesnt meen im saying anything against you, it just means im saying 2 different sources of info are saying 2 different things, and as you know BMW Germany can change anything the day before they launch it, so both may be wrong.

So why dont you sit back and read what other sources say and not take it all as a personal attack
Apology accepted.

Next time try asking before claiming. Just a tip.

I have several sources and they are US market specific. Scott is not. Believe who ever you want, we will all know soon enough.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 01:25 AM   #42
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

2017 340i xDrive | Estoril | Black | Al | 8AT | M Package
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 01:31 AM   #43
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maq
To be honest, I think this post is on the unprofessional side. As far as I can tell, nobody attempted to insult you or your credibility. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's you who hasn't had any "non-dealer-level" info proved by solid facts/evidences. Until then, maybe you should remain low-key about it.

I'm not defending E90Fleet as it's your word against his. It's just this kind of bashing is plain lame.
Consider yourself corrected.

I could care less if you find my post unprofessional or professional.
I have no interest in impressing you or anyone else.
I find the fact that you and a few others see my post as bashing... hysterical.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 01:35 AM   #44
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
You should edit this post. You are making yourself look like a "genuine idiot".
No reason for name calling. E90Fleet is a highly respected member with lots of knownledge.
I am who I am... whether you like it or not. If you don't like my addition to this forum... allow me to suggest that you add me to your ignore list.

And for the record... I did not call him an idiot... I asked a question. Did he say that he was? I missed that part.

Appreciate 0