E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Second UK Meet - Sign Up Here!

05-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #23
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
I had a few minutes to knock this up as a flyer.
It's not finished yet (as I used Flash to make it as a website), but it gives you an idea of what we could stick on the windscreens of any e90s we see.

Please let me know what changes/additions/removals you think are necessary.

I hope the 'Second UK Meet' is going to be a real 'corker'!

BTW- the MacBook has been ordered & is on its way, so I'm expecting the Apple-edited-to-be 'Official Second UK Meet Video' to make the Windozed 'Official First UK Meet Video' looks pretty sh*t in comparison!

All the best.

Viv
Attached Images

Last edited by vivekk; 05-26-2006 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #24
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
As always Viv, loving your work

I'd probably be a bit scared if I had one stuck on my car though
      05-27-2006, 09:08 AM   #25
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
As always Viv, loving your work

I'd probably be a bit scared if I had one stuck on my car though
Thanks Paul.
Perhaps I should turn it into an invitation card?

I'll have a play.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #26
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Talking

Should be able to make it once a date and venue's been confirmed.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #27
JonMad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d SE;Mazda MX-5

Garage List
1990 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2005 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Hiya, sounds like fun. Wales is always good for a convoy round some great roads.

Jon
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #28
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Is there any more thought on a Second Meet in July or August?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #29
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Is there any more thought on a Second Meet in July or August?
Boys & girls, as Floyd put it so eloquently, I'll interprete:

'Time to pull our fingers out & sort the Second UK Meet!'

So, anyone have any possible dates, venues, entertainment & some plan of action???

If no-one starts, then I will, ok!
I've been busy playing with my new Macbook for the last few weeks, so excuse my apparent lethargy on the forum, ok.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #30
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Boys & girls, as Floyd put it so eloquently, I'll interprete:

'Time to pull our fingers out & sort the Second UK Meet!'

So, anyone have any possible dates, venues, entertainment & some plan of action???

If no-one starts, then I will, ok!
I've been busy playing with my new Macbook for the last few weeks, so excuse my apparent lethargy on the forum, ok.

All the best.

Viv
Gee, I didn't know that was what I meant! This American-to-English translation is something else, huh?

Anyway, I'm game for any weekend, 1 or 2 day meet, anywhere on the island or maybe ....

How about a spin around the Isle of Man. Haven't been there. Isle of Wight is doable as well but requires a bit more planning.

See what happens when you ask, Viv?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2006, 01:53 PM   #31
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Gee, I didn't know that was what I meant! This American-to-English translation is something else, huh?

Anyway, I'm game for any weekend, 1 or 2 day meet, anywhere on the island or maybe ....

How about a spin around the Isle of Man. Haven't been there. Isle of Wight is doable as well but requires a bit more planning.

See what happens when you ask, Viv?
You get a from me Floyd!

Time is passing & members are bound to be on holiday, so we really need to sort this out now.

Does everyone want to meet up centrally, around the Nottingham/Leicester area first, then move on to another area on day 2?

I think having a two day meet would be great.
It would also mean we could meet more members around the country, if they are able to meet up on one of the two days.
There's more e90s & e91s around now & perhaps even the 'lurkers', such as unknowndentist, may make a journey to see what all the fuss is about.
Potential future owners may also like to see a whole load of our cars in one place.

That brings me onto some dealership support- anyone get on well enough with their dealership for them to provide us with some advertising/organisational support???

I'll knock up a finished invite/flyer you can all stick on the windscreens of any e90s you see, ok.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 04:37 AM   #32
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I think we need to suggest a weekend date and then everyone has something to aim for and can decide whether they come for one or two days. Once we have a date agreed we can then decide on locations / activities...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #33
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
I think we need to suggest a weekend date and then everyone has something to aim for and can decide whether they come for one or two days. Once we have a date agreed we can then decide on locations / activities...
been away for a bit, still got the dented e90, think me welshish (soz beaufighter didn't get time to reply last time) idea is sorted, 2 day mission would be class, could try southern convoy and northern convoy meet up somewhere in welshland at the end of the first day, then we all dance around a big tree in some weird cultish way and down loads of beer have a steak get up next day and motor on in a bigger convoy than the day before CLASS!!!! Any takers
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #34
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
been away for a bit, still got the dented e90, think me welshish (soz beaufighter didn't get time to reply last time) idea is sorted, 2 day mission would be class, could try southern convoy and northern convoy meet up somewhere in welshland at the end of the first day, then we all dance around a big tree in some weird cultish way and down loads of beer have a steak get up next day and motor on in a bigger convoy than the day before CLASS!!!! Any takers
Given the possibility of 20+ vehicles with drivers and possible guests, the overnight stay needs to be in an aread where lodging can be attained at a reasonable cost, preferably large enough that all parties can stay together (in the same hotel).

A thought for activities for a one day would be a BYOM barbeque. Could also work for an overnighter with the barbeque at the end of the day.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm game for any weekend -- well, July 1 is busy for me. So, I'll stick my foot out and nominate July 22/23 or July 29/30 for no other reason than it gives us four to five weeks planning.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #35
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
As always, time just keeps passing, so I think it's about time we started sorting out the Second UK meet!

I've knocked up the following A4 PDF flyer using the Macbook.
Once you've downloaded it below, you can do the following with it:

1 Print off a load of copies of it, colour would be nice, but not essential
2 Stick it on as many E90/91 windscreens as possible & stick it through owners' letterboxes
3 Give your local BMW dealer the PDF link & ask/tell them to print them off & hand them out to owners & potential owners, if they want your business with them ever again! (cheeky- I knew, but you know how cheeky they are when you try selling them your old car! )

That should hopefully get a few more members joining up & maybe coming to the meet.

I might email a few dealers locally with this flyer.

Right, I'm off now to sort out dates in July/August.

All the best.

Vivmeister
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf uk2 meet.pdf (611.8 KB, 153 views)

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #36
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Call me extrememly presumptuous if you like, but I've taken it upon myself to start the list of attendees for the Second UK Meet.
It is based on everyone who did actually turn up to the first meet.
This took around a dozen pages in the First UK Meet thread to build up!

If you aren't going to turn up, then let me know.
You could also send Pads (payywac) a PM telling him, but as unofficial meets spokesperson, you'll probably just get a whole load of abuse in return!

Please could you post your names, so we know what we can call each other at the meet!

Based on Viv's presumptions for the second UK meet so far, here are the current likely 16 attendees:
  • beauforty (Paul) 330iSE Tiag
  • vivekk (Viv) 330iSE Tiag
  • 1stnewcar (Paul) 320dSE SG
  • Flyingdwarf (Craig) 320d M Sport SB
  • ric1 (Ric) 330d e91 M Sport LMB
  • JonMad (Jon) 320dSE
  • jhbodle (Jay) 325iSE SG
  • Hitman999 (Hiten) 320iSE
  • paddywac (John or 'Pads') 320d M Sport SB
  • OilBurner (Matt) e46 320dSE SG
  • SoYank (Floyd) 330iSE MB
  • Mickey (Marilyn) 330iSE TiAg
  • MattOz (Matt) 330d M Sport LMB
  • onejohnsheridan (John) 320d SB
  • webcoll (David) 320d SE JB
  • unknowndentist? (Chris) 330d M Sport / Ferrari ?

Occasion:
"Second" e90post.com UK meet
Venue: To be decided!
Date: To be decided!
Time: To be decided!

Last edited by vivekk; 06-19-2006 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #37
thebigman
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

Hello,

I'll throw in my 2-cents - a trip to Isle of Man would be so fantastic I think I would make the journey from Scotland

A parade of e90's around the TT route would be amazing!

And i'm sure the editorial at BMW magazine would show an interest.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 03:55 PM   #38
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigman
Hello,

I'll throw in my 2-cents - a trip to Isle of Man would be so fantastic I think I would make the journey from Scotland

A parade of e90's around the TT route would be amazing!

And i'm sure the editorial at BMW magazine would show an interest.
The Isle of Man really would be great!

Some ferry info here. Twice daily sailings from Heysham & Liverpool.

Would the southern boys & girls be interested in this?

Wonder how much to block book the Seacat?

Oh...and who's going to be our spokesperson when BMW Magazine turn up???

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 06-19-2006 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 04:35 PM   #39
JonMad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d SE;Mazda MX-5

Garage List
1990 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2005 BMW 320d  [0.00]
I could be tempted by a nice 'spirited' drive round the Isle of Man - never been there, depends on the date.

Jon
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 06:19 PM   #40
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Ferry details:
http://www.steam-packet.com/SteamPacket/

Accomodation finder:
http://www.gov.im/tourism/travel/acc...an-hotels.aspx

For some vids of the course:
http://www.bikegen.com/

Provided that the weather is good then the Liverpool fast craft crossing is far better than endless hours on the Ben-My-Chree (Girl of my heart) from Heysham. You're probably looking at about £200 return for the ferry.

As of the start of the month the TT Circuit has become the fastest motorcycle race circuit in the world! John McGuinness lapped the 37.75 miles at an average of 128.146mph from a standing start on the first lap and then averaged 129.415mph on the second lap (17m 29.26s) - and that's timed to the point that he put his foot down in the stop box entering the pits

Telemetry from 3rd placed Adrian Archibald showed that he was doing 206mph through Sulby. That's on an ordinary 'A' road with just a straw bale tied to any tree or wall close to the track for protection.

They are also very sensible over there...
1) a bloke tried to put a beer can on the racing line during one of the races this year. He got 3 months in prison and was banned from the island for five years.
2) National speed limit plans have reportedly been dropped - due to lack of public support!

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #41
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wonder how much to block book the Seacat?
How many vehicles does the SEACAT hold?
Quote:
Oh...and who's going to be our spokesperson when BMW Magazine turn up??? Viv
You, of course!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #42
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company's HSC Seacat Diamant can hold upto 140 cars:

Their HSC SuperSeaCat Two can hold upto 148 cars:

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #43
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
I don't think that the Seacat Isle of Man (in the picture) is in regular use anymore. Details of the current fleet are at:

http://www.steam-packet.com/SteamPac...ship-specs.htm

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #44
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilBurner
I don't think that the Seacat Isle of Man (in the picture) is in regular use anymore. Details of the current fleet are at:

http://www.steam-packet.com/SteamPac...ship-specs.htm
The first pic was from a series of shots, with one taken on May 31st this year in Liverpool, Matt. I assumed it was still running to the Isle of Man, but perhaps not.

So, are we going to say we're all off to the Isle of Man for the Second UK Meet, or not?

Cheers.

Viv

Appreciate 0