BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
135ivert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i,E70 X5M,E93 M3

Spotted: Castle Rock, CO

I spotted a brand new 1 coupe tonight turning northeast on Crowfoot Valley. It was dark out and I couldn't tell if it was a 128i or 135i. It wasn't from Schomp - probably Murray. It was probably black as well. This makes the third 1 I've ever seen in my 'hood.

Either way, it was my first time seeing the LCI taillights. While I think they're kind of "me too" with Audi, I still think they're much better than my 2010 stockers. I'll put those on my "probably" upgrade list.

For those of you unfamiliar with the CR/Parker area - even if you have winter tires, you need either a 4WD or a job that will accommodate your absence for those days/weeks we have severe weather. That might account for the rarity around here.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
dpert1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Cabriolet

Hey I'm in the springs and I just got an 08 135i vert. Are there any clubs or meets around here or too rare of a car?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
135ivert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpert1 View Post
Hey I'm in the springs and I just got an 08 135i vert. Are there any clubs or meets around here or too rare of a car?
I'm guessing "too rare." I've only seen 2 besides mine in CO - but I don't get up to Denver all that often. Perhaps there are more in Denver proper.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
bkbeagle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i Convertible

Maybe I'll run into you guys. Work in the TechCenter if you are ever up this way.

Sorry, for the quality of the pic. Haven't had time to get a good set of pictures yet.
Attached Images

2013 335i Mojave Luxury, Dakota Venetian Beige
Cold/Premium Package, NAV, Driver Assist
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
135ivert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbeagle View Post
Maybe I'll run into you guys. Work in the TechCenter if you are ever up this way.

Sorry, for the quality of the pic. Haven't had time to get a good set of pictures yet.
Congrats on the new ride. Did you get it from Schomp? I may have test driven that car when I was evaluating whether or not I wanted a 1.

I work at I-25 and Dry Creek. Directly across the freeway from Ikea.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
bkbeagle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ivert View Post
Congrats on the new ride. Did you get it from Schomp? I may have test driven that car when I was evaluating whether or not I wanted a 1.

I work at I-25 and Dry Creek. Directly across the freeway from Ikea.
I actually got it from Murray. They did not have the model and options I wanted so they found one in New Mexico (If I recall) and shipped it here. As a matter of fact, I am heading to Murray at the end of the week to have Dinan S2 installed as it is finally ready for the 2013 e88

I am right up the road from you on I-25 and Arapahoe by Fiddler's Green, or whatever they call it these days.

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
dpert1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Cabriolet

I wanna play toooooo

I'm waiting on a JB4 + Meth kit I just bought. I'm stationed at Carson but willing to trek up to you guys if ever a gathering takes place.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
bkbeagle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpert1 View Post
I wanna play toooooo

I'm waiting on a JB4 + Meth kit I just bought. I'm stationed at Carson but willing to trek up to you guys if ever a gathering takes place.
Sounds like a plan. Work is crazy, but as soon as the weather starts getting warmer maybe we can put something together.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
135ivert
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm up for a meet once the weather turns. No tunes for me yet - I need to get this base stereo upgraded first. Can either of you recommend a stereo guy? I am NOT going to Car Toys.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
bkbeagle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm up for a meet once the weather turns. No tunes for me yet - I need to get this base stereo upgraded first. Can either of you recommend a stereo guy? I am NOT going to Car Toys.
I feel for you as I was not able to get the HK upgrade and thought the base stereo sounded pretty crappy especially with Sirius satellite due to all the compression. Looking around on the forum there seemed to be some options like the Alpine amp and speakers combo that you could buy in Europe and ship to the U.S. There are also some pretty cool options from http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/ . You could also try searching for audio upgrades and I'm sure you will find something to suit your needs.

At the end of the day I think I will hold off until http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/ comes up with something for my particular year and model. It should end up looking OEM and improve the sound quite a bit. I also understand that I am not going end up with ear shattering volume or spleen rupturing bass which is ok with me. Don't really need that to enjoy my Pink Floyd

As for recommending a stereo guy - sorry but I don't really know of any one. Let us know what you end up doing and if you find someone reputable for the install.

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
135ivert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbeagle View Post
I feel for you as I was not able to get the HK upgrade and thought the base stereo sounded pretty crappy especially with Sirius satellite due to all the compression. Looking around on the forum there seemed to be some options like the Alpine amp and speakers combo that you could buy in Europe and ship to the U.S. There are also some pretty cool options from . You could also try searching for audio upgrades and I'm sure you will find something to suit your needs.

At the end of the day I think I will hold off until comes up with something for my particular year and model. It should end up looking OEM and improve the sound quite a bit. I also understand that I am not going end up with ear shattering volume or spleen rupturing bass which is ok with me. Don't really need that to enjoy my Pink Floyd

As for recommending a stereo guy - sorry but I don't really know of any one. Let us know what you end up doing and if you find someone reputable for the install.
It sounds like we're doing the same research. Check out the e90post A/V forum for a lot more information.

$500 for component speakers is probably on the high end for me - especially with a convertible. I want it to sound pretty good with the top up, and at least audible with the top down. I want to be around $1000 for 8 speakers and the amp. I know that's tight - I just need to do some more research before pulling the trigger. I'll let you know if I find anyone to do the install.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
bkbeagle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It sounds like we're doing the same research. Check out the e90post A/V forum for a lot more information.

$500 for component speakers is probably on the high end for me - especially with a convertible. I want it to sound pretty good with the top up, and at least audible with the top down. I want to be around $1000 for 8 speakers and the amp. I know that's tight - I just need to do some more research before pulling the trigger. I'll let you know if I find anyone to do the install.
It's a tough task to keep the cost reasonable for an upgrade, but I guess there is never anything cheap about BMW

Not sure if you have the IPOD adapter, but one thing that I did find somewhat helpful with the stock system was re-ripping some of my favorite music. I took some of my favorite albums on CD and ripped them at the highest quality in Itunes (I have a ton of space on my IPOD so I have the luxury of accomodating the bigger files). When I play them back they definitely sound better and I don't have to crank up the volume as much. For now, I've resigned myself to the stock system since I was able to talk my wife into letting me get the Dinan S2 Can't wait till tomorrow to get the Dinan tune

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
Mulie1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Howdie folks, I am down in Monument. I just picked up a 2011 128i. Boy was it tough finding a nice 1 series. What a fun car! I am a newbie to this forum and new to BMW. Are there any Colorado events coming up?
Appreciate 0