BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #155
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M235i

It sure looks like a weak part and of course they had to order the part, but I did get a free car wash.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #156
aeronautics
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 135is 6MT

I took delivery of my 135is on 8-21. Mineral Grey, Oyster leather, premium pkg, heated seats with 6 speed manual.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #157
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Have fun and stay out of trouble.. Folks around here keep calling me out, which is no fun at all in traffic. Being in town here I am usually in traffic..
A more fun ride would be hard to find..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #158
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp-plickner View Post
Have fun and stay out of trouble.. Folks around here keep calling me out, which is no fun at all in traffic. Being in town here I am usually in traffic..
A more fun ride would be hard to find..
Really? That's interesting. Maybe I'm so used to living in LA that my car goes relatively unnoticed and incognito, and never in my life have I been called out or someone tried to race me.

They're just jealous of the mineral grey. =P
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #159
Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Really? That's interesting. Maybe I'm so used to living in LA that my car goes relatively unnoticed and incognito
Ah, LA, where you drive up in a GT3 and the valet STILL doesn't give you front row billing - gotta love it.

Trust me, that PE doesn't go un-noticed in a sleepy subdivision, or in the local area with many a deputy running around.

I think I may need an early Sunday am blitz out on the country roads to unwind this thing without attracting the "wrong" type of attn
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #160
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post
Ah, LA, where you drive up in a GT3 and the valet STILL doesn't give you front row billing - gotta love it.

Trust me, that PE doesn't go un-noticed in a sleepy subdivision, or in the local area with many a deputy running around.

I think I may need an early Sunday am blitz out on the country roads to unwind this thing without attracting the "wrong" type of attn
Ha! I've literally only valeted my car twice in my life, unfortunately while on first dates where it doesn't go over too well to say, hey, mind if we drive around for 10-15 minutes until we find a spot or park way far away and force you to walk a mile in the rain cause I don't want them touching my car? ANd that's any car I've ever had.

I usually drive with my windows up, so I only get a muted earful of the PE unless I'm letting her loose, but while in garages, with my windows down, I then really hear it and heard my first burbles when I left off the gas.

I do love that PE except the few seconds here and there with the drone, but a quick speed up or slow down takes care of that.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #161
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
oh man i HATE giving my car to a valet...there's always a 32% chance they will go for a short joy ride.....i usually check the odometer before i give it to them! lol.

fortunately in nyc you can just park a few blocks away somewhere and avoid it altogether....but out in long island when i go for meetings or conferences a valet is required at most fancier restaurants.

the TT always grabbed a LOT of attention...so i don't think the 135is will get as much as that has over the years.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #162
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
oh man i HATE giving my car to a valet...there's always a 32% chance they will go for a short joy ride.....i usually check the odometer before i give it to them! lol.

fortunately in nyc you can just park a few blocks away somewhere and avoid it altogether....but out in long island when i go for meetings or conferences a valet is required at most fancier restaurants.

the TT always grabbed a LOT of attention...so i don't think the 135is will get as much as that has over the years.
I left out that 1 of the 2 times I was forced to valet at a restaurant, they almost ran me over, then almost took out another car as they pulled it up. Just as I told the woman, you know, this is only the second time I've ever valeted in my life, when the guy pulled it up, and I started walking behind the car to come around and get in, he apparently didn't put it in park, he clearly missed and put it in reverse! Then he started getting out of the car! Everyone in the valet line was yelling, HEY!!! It's in reverse! He jumps back in and then accidentally hit the GAS instead of the brake, screeching the tires, almost running me over, and flying back about 20-30 feet! Thank god no cars were behind him.

I was so shocked and dazed by what just happened, I apparently started to hand the $1 I had in my hand as a tip to my date, who said, thanks, I've never gotten a tip before on a date...

Anyways, to sum up, I really don't like handing my keys over to my baby. Even at the dealer for service, I watched them drive it off as long as I could. And always sounds like they're revving/gunning the engine, even barely moving with that lovely PE. Adds to the paranoia. =)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #163
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
I left out that 1 of the 2 times I was forced to valet at a restaurant, they almost ran me over, then almost took out another car as they pulled it up. Just as I told the woman, you know, this is only the second time I've ever valeted in my life, when the guy pulled it up, and I started walking behind the car to come around and get in, he apparently didn't put it in park, clearly missed and put it in reverse! Then started getting out of the car! Everyone in the valet line was yelling, HEY!!! It's in reverse! He jumps back in and then accidentally hit the GAS instead of the brake, screeching the tires and flying back about 20-30 feet! Thank god no cars were behind him.

I was so shocked and dazed by what just happened, I apparently started to hand the $1 I had as a tip to my date, who said, thanks, I've never gotten a tip before on a date...

Anyways, I really don't like handing my keys over to my baby.
LOL!!! wow.....that is hilarious and sucky! I'm laughing about you giving the tip to your date
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #164
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Anyways, to sum up, I really don't like handing my keys over to my baby. Even at the dealer for service, I watched them drive it off as long as I could. And always sounds like they're revving/gunning the engine, even barely moving with that lovely PE. Adds to the paranoia. =)
I also avoid handing over the keys whenever possible. Speaking of valets, is there a valet mode for the car that limits engine power or RPMs?

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #165
Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Count is up to 568 "is" coupes as of 8/24

Last edited by Bama335; 08-24-2013 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #166
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikMsport View Post
I also avoid handing over the keys whenever possible. Speaking of valets, is there a valet mode for the car that limits engine power or RPMs?
No valet mode in that regards, just the ability of preventing them in valet mode from opening your glovebox and trunk.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #167
aeronautics
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 135is 6MT

Break in

I have keeping the rpm below 3000 during the break-in period and I'm planning to do the break-in service (old style) at 1500 miles. Have you guys done that or continued with BMW recommended service?
Have you changed the engine oil only? or transmission also?

I would like to know your experiences and how much the dealer charged for that service.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #168
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronautics View Post
I have keeping the rpm below 3000 during the break-in period and I'm planning to do the break-in service (old style) at 1500 miles. Have you guys done that or continued with BMW recommended service?
Have you changed the engine oil only? or transmission also?

I would like to know your experiences and how much the dealer charged for that service.
Good news is the break-in period is only 1200 miles in case you're past that and want to let it out some more.

I think the majority of IS people have done the post break-in oil change and I just had mine done a couple of weeks ago. I used a coupon from the dealer's website (check under either "value service" or "service specials" for a 3-series since 1 won't show up) and was $79.95 for standard oil and filter change.

Some people here, I think mostly people with the 6MT have also done transmission fluid and/or differential fluid as well, but I didn't have that done, so not sure what the pricing might be or if some people did that themselves.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #169
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post
Count is up to 568 "is" coupes as of 8/24

Interesting. Did Alpine White overtake LeMans Blue then in the most recent iteration/update to be the most popular color? I forget who was #1 last time. Also nice to know I'm 1 of 6 thanks to my cheapness in getting the leatherette.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #170
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Gosh Darn Chris! I have the same number!

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #171
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Gosh Darn Chris! I have the same number!

thanks!
How you enjoying yours of late BP?

You past the break-in period yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #172
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I have about 1200 miles on my car. It is a Little to much fun to drive. I had a kid try to race me last week in traffic. I wasn't into it, so the kid passes me and jacks in front of me behind a pickup truck that was minding his own business. Man those BMW brakes really can stop that car, lucky for me I avoided a collision. I was so ripped I followed the kid down a side street to see what the heck he was thinking, fortunately for me I was able to chill out before I got to him. Way more excitement than I need.
Any way I am off to the dealer tomorrow to get my new armrest lid installed.

Happy Labor Day!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #173
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
I have about 1200 miles on my car. It is a Little to much fun to drive. I had a kid try to race me last week in traffic. I wasn't into it, so the kid passes me and jacks in front of me behind a pickup truck that was minding his own business. Man those BMW brakes really can stop that car, lucky for me I avoided a collision. I was so ripped I followed the kid down a side street to see what the heck he was thinking, fortunately for me I was able to chill out before I got to him. Way more excitement than I need.
Any way I am off to the dealer tomorrow to get my new armrest lid installed.

Happy Labor Day!
Retiring the rubberband I see. Will be a sad day to see that go. You getting the normal one put on or did you try perhaps for that european version that is just one giant open compartment? Gonna get a break-in oil change while there, too?

Oh these punk kids and their rock n' roll music. The problem with being just past the break-in period is you then will feel like letting her out a bit more and I find myself driving a little more aggressively at times and getting those rpms up there to hear it roar.

Also, I'm actually contemplating or at least conceptually wondering what it'd look like if I had the engine cover painted mineral grey.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #174
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It will be sad day to return the rubber band to the drawer in the kitchen. I am not to sure about dropping the oil, but if they have time for tomorrow morning maybe I will do it.

Peace
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #175
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
I'm scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow or Saturday, the wait is killing me. What's worse is I can't get the car to my clear bra installer until a week later so I may actually have to let the car sit in the garage until then. I know it sounds silly but my commute is pretty rough (I95 / NY State Thruway) so not chancing it.
      08-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #176
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 Tii View Post
I'm scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow or Saturday, the wait is killing me. What's worse is I can't get the car to my clear bra installer until a week later so I may actually have to let the car sit in the garage until then. I know it sounds silly but my commute is pretty rough (I95 / NY State Thruway) so not chancing it.
Wow, is it that bad out there? I wonder if there are any temporary measures you can take that are similar. I remember one guy on here a few months ago literally put blue painters tape or something all over his entire front bumper as he had a very long drive home with his new 135 either from PCD or a dealer like 1,000 miles away.
Appreciate 0