BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
takenit2dmax
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Silver M-sport NAV

Requesting advice

Appreciate any input you all may have. Here's my situation:
I purchased a 2009 135i back in Dec 2010 at a non BMW dealership. The car had 8K on it, and I was told it was an BMW exec driven car, and therefore never registered, so the car in service date was Nov 2010. So, basically I had the full 4 year BMW warranty, and my invoice showed that in service date as well.

So, I go to BMW a couple of weeks back, and they inform me, that my in service date was actually Sept 2008 and my coverage would be ending soon, so needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

Luckily I did by an extended warranty to cover me up to 140K 6 years, but that is not the point.

I spoke to the dealership yesterday, and they are looking into what can be done to rectify the situation. I'm sure they can't extend my BMW 2 year warranty, so I would be left paying all of the maintenance for two years, and would have to pay a deductible for any extended warranty coverage.

Any advice on what I should be asking for here to compensate for their mistake? What monetary value would you place on a two year factory warranty from BMW?

Thanks in advance..
Marc
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
takenit2dmax
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Silver M-sport NAV

The dealership is offering me $1000? I really don't know what is fair here, so I appreciate any input. Thanks... Marc
Appreciate 0