BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
Tattz
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: 120d

New Bmw owner loving the car but in need of help to upgrade my audio

Hi All.

Im new to the site but am loving all the info i can get. am in need of advice to get my audio sorted tho.

i have a couple of questions i cant find the answer too.

i have an 2011 e82 with business HU and the harman kardon upgraded speakers. id like to upgrade to the professional HU and add some bluetooth that can stream A2DP music as well.

i was thinking of buying the units from a breakers but not sure if there are different HU's and Mulf units. are they are all compatable with each other if i buy 2 random units? also do i need the specific leads that come with the units or can i pick these up 3rd party.

secondly how can i tell if my car has a mic installed by the interior light? the vents are there but i cant tell if there is anything to plug into.

also if there are any better retrofit options that you guys have completed id be pleased to hear about them.

thanks in advance

Last edited by Tattz; 05-14-2015 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0