BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
jareddlc
Rep
Drives: NA

Replaced head unit, SOS light coding help

Hello, I recently replaced my head unit with an aftermarket one. And got the SOS warning light. From the research i did it doesnt seem like a fiber optic loop would fix this issue as the research shows that the headunit itself is the source of the MOST bus, and the only way to now get rid of it is by coding out the functionality. Does anyone know what i need to code out for my 2008 135i?

Here is what research shows, ive' downloaded bimmercode and foundthese options in the demo

Kombi (Instrument Cluster) -> 3004 ERM_Konfiguration -> ST_ECAL_ALIVE = nicht_aktiv
Kombi (Instrument Cluster) -> 3004 ERM_Konfiguration -> ST_ECAL_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv

However i did not find these in the demo

TCM_ALIVE_MONITOR -> nicht_activ
TCM_ID_MONITOR -> nicht_activ

Does any one know what code to use?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 10:05 PM   #2
jareddlc
Rep
Drives: NA

update: I did use bimmercode and coded these to the value above and it removed the issue. been running with the changes for a few months now. no issues.
Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      01-17-2021, 09:02 AM   #3
JVDMN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135 E88

Hello,

Is this still working? I purchased a 2011 135 E88 which had an aftermarket unit in it. I wanted to go back to OEM so I purchased a used Professional headunit with satellite. However, I realized afterwards that my car doesn't have the satellite module. My headunit now has the SOS issue and no sound on ANYTHING. I'm working if it will work if I did what you did above or if it won't work because of having an satellite version of the radio.
Any guidance is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:15 AM   #4
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVDMN View Post
Hello,

Is this still working? I purchased a 2011 135 E88 which had an aftermarket unit in it. I wanted to go back to OEM so I purchased a used Professional headunit with satellite. However, I realized afterwards that my car doesn't have the satellite module. My headunit now has the SOS issue and no sound on ANYTHING. I'm working if it will work if I did what you did above or if it won't work because of having an satellite version of the radio.
Any guidance is appreciated.
Yes you should be able to re-code the head unit to not look for satellite radio....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:19 AM   #5
JVDMN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135 E88

Ok, great. Do you think I would be able to do this if I purchased Bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #6
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVDMN View Post
Ok, great. Do you think I would be able to do this if I purchased Bimmercode?
I *think* so - but I'm in a similar situation as I have to replace what is likely a dead head unit, and have never used Bimmercode before. But from reading, it sounds like people deal with this all the time with Bimmercode.

Check this for more info: www. bimmercode .com (sorry forum auto hides URLs but you get the idea).

I'm guessing there are more people on that forum that will be able to answer. Hopefully someone here can pipe up for this thread or my thread just below...

EDIT: I signed up for that forum and it looks pretty dead, there are some posts but not very many recently...will see once my account activates if I need any questions answered

Last edited by asbrr; 01-17-2021 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #7
Powerhead44
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I

Coding Out SOS BMW E90

I seem to have a problem coding out the SOS Warning after replacing my original BMW head unit. Does anyone know if this can be accomplished utilizing Bimmercode? I have a subscription, but I'm not sure if this is even possible for a 2007 BMW e90. All the suggestions I have seen on various sites claim it's possible, but when I try it on my vehicle while in expert mode, I don't see the same options as other members. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0