BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

SCAMMING/FRAUDULENT ZNM Performance/Auto (Matt Malave ELyse Cruz) Pompton Lakes, NJ

Hey guys check the original thread for pictures and others peoples comments. I saw a ton of other BMWs when i was at this shop and i really hope none of you guys fell victim to this shop.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585155

Hey guys, Its about the time that i write my full review of this shop. It has been a complete f**king nightmare, and it is still ongoing. The automotive community needs to know the truth about this shop and their scamming fraudulent antics.

You guys can criticize me all you want, suggest what i should have done, etc. I know i am partially to blame for my demise, but this thread a reminder that we can all be victims at anybody mercy. I just never thought this would happnef to our n54 community for which i have been a part for since 2006.

Around November of 2017. It was about that time to think of the future of my 09 335i 09 6MT FBO with about 115k. The car has been absolutely fantastic and i've had virtually no issues with leaks, turbos that we n54 owners face. I maintained the car very well as well as plenty of preventative maintenance for a peace of mind. But as we all know stock turbos wont last forever. I chose to go the aftermarket turbo route instead of trading in my car.

Merchant

ZNM Performance/Auto
http://znmperformance.com/
https://www.znmauto.com/
19 Cannonball Rd, Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
Matt Malave & Elyse Cruz are the owners of this shop

ZNM caught my eye on these forums as they were offering free labor for turbo installs if turbos were purchased through their shop. ZNM at the time had pretty good reviews, well documented builds. So i contacted Matt in the fall of 2017 to get a build list together. Pure Stage 2 DD's, all preventative gaskets replaced (oil pan, ofhg, vcg) inlets, outlets, ignition components. Very standard aftermarket turbo build nothing crazy. It was perfect timing as winter was right around the corner, and i had a secondary car to drive so emphasized that they had plenty of time to do my car right.

Timeline of Events
November 4th 2017: is when my car was dropped off to Matt Malave at ZNM Auto/Performance. Car was being dropped off to complete install of Pure Stage 2 turbos, install ancillary parts, code battery and overall maintenance of the car. All services paid for

Nov 6, 2017:
Claims Rear Axle CV Boot is torn and Grease is gone

Nov 7 2017: Claims Valve cover Gasket is leaking, Agreed to repair. Matt calls me and explains I need a new cylinder head and I have no choice but to repair it. $2377.77 is what the cost of the part/labor costs. Matt claimed that whomever installed my injectors last did not install the decoupling elements, which in turn bored through the hole where the injector is seated. He pulled the injector already so i was left with no choice but to purchase a cylinder head through him.

Dec 27 2018: New Cylinder head that I paid $2377.77 arrived. More than a month and a half later. Stated that the cylinder head that he initially got for me was damaged and he needed to source a new one. Apparently the head was coming from California. Yes California....

Jan 8-26 2018: Cylinder Head that I purchased for $2377.77 is at ZNM and was sent out to a machine shop to be cleaned up to be used and installed into my vehicle. Relays to me that my car will be ready to be picked up Weekend of Jan 18. Sends me pictures of it. Which so happens to be the same pictures he sent to another one of his customers which he scammed as well.

https://bmw.s p o o l s t e e t.com/...l s t r e e t)

Feb 13 2018: No contact in between Jan 26 and now because supposedly Matt was working on my car, agreed to replace injectors is necessary.

Mar 8-26 2018: Blaming weather for delays on my car, says car will be done this weekend. Asked for an update again, blamed weather again for my car being delayed, says car will be ready this coming weekend

March 27-31: Says he contacted my tuner to tune my car, Tuner confirms he was never contacted. Confirmed April 6 2018 that Matt never contacted my tuner. Now i'm being skeptical on my car and why it’s not done.

April 16 2018: Claims to have my car on the dyno to be tuned this weekend and pick up is ready to go.

April 19 2018: Claims while dynoing my car, the outlet pipe had a rupture in it and needed to be replaced. Outlet apparently replaced 3 times throughout entire build. He could never get it to fit (2 VRSF, 1 MMP Alumunim)

June 2018: Matt claims that my turbo has failed and that he has sent it out without my consent to a third party re-builder. BRAND NEW PURE STAGE 2 Turbos, that he sent out to be rebilt without even consulting me. (All a lie though, bc he never even ordered me turbos) I start to get frustrated and question Matt. Another few promises of my car being ready that weekend.

July 12 2018: replaced my windshield bc he claims he broke it going UP and Down on the lift (keep in mind, NOTHING was installed on my car.)

July 16 2018:
Claims car will be done that night again, going to dyno. However that afternoon, claimed that my outlet is still leaking. I advise him to get my car 100% before giving it back

July 20 2018: After speaking on the phone prior, Matt ordered a new outlet and claimed that my car was done except for installation of the outlet

July 25 2018:
Said car will be ready that weekend. We talked about what I was going to owe him for the remainder of the install of parts and what he “supposedly” installed on his dollar

July 30 2018: I pick up my car thinking that my car is 100% complete and done. Picked up the car. he managed to install the inlet ONLY however with my OLD intakes, he lied to be over the phone saying it was done. And to this day December 2018, that was the only part to be installed. He told me to bring back the car and we will have everything installed and tuned once he has the parts in...SO im like WTF...i was expecting a completely done car. He said he was supposed to have it done, but the outlet was delayed or some bullshit again

July 31 2018:
I get error codes for voltage overcharge. MY MAIN FUCKING reason i brought in my car to have my battery coded. I didnt think anything of it at the time, bc the CC ID codes go away from time to time.

August 10-14 2018: I drove my car a total of 300 miles since i picked it up. I cannot confirm if the turbos are installed, bc it is not tuned. I notice that oil is pluming from my exhaust and the day while im in my trunk i noticed a burning plastic smell....The battery cove panel has a burn spot on it and i pull it off to find that my IBS unit is melted and burned all the way through. Just look at my pictures shown below. This MOFO did not even code my battery and let it sit in his fucking lot while my battery melted in the trunk. I called Matt and he insisted that he had it coded and there were no codes when he had the car.

August 17 2018: finally get it towed to ZNM again because of my melting battery, leaking oil, and for Matt to COMPLETE all installs that I paid for.

August 20-31 2018: Says the outlet again was on its way. Matt diagnosed my battery issue and ultimately blames the issue on a battery cable issue which is a 10 hour job and that he is completing. Installed a new IBS unit....Did the motor blower recall out of GOODWILL...Keep in mind there are all texts saying he did this all to me.

Sep 1-6 2018: Says there is a boost leak and there is a problem with my BRAND new turbo once again. Confirmed that the oil leak from August 17 is from the oil drain line that I provided and that it in turn made the turbo seals fail...[/U]

Sept 6-20: Blaming the oil drain line which was kinked as the culprit, he states he sent out the turbo AGAIN against my will to his "shop" for rebuild. More and more excuses on why my car is not done. ALL WITHOUT MY acknowledgement

Oct 2 2018: Another false promise of my car being dynoed and ready to go that weekend.

Oct 4 2018: Blamed weather for another delayed dyno session

Oct 5 2018: Says it will be done this weekend.

Oct 7 2018: New problems, wheel speed sensor, ABS problems. ALL LIES, confirmed by my secondary shop none of this was ever fixed nor a problem

Oct 10 2018: Used the battery issue that arrised in August as the culprit for the new issues of car computer problems, ABS problems. He said he fixed everything and fixed my car computer (DME) Harness with new parts. Also says he replaced my ABS module

Oct 18 2018: Matt still working on DME harness and I am confirming that Everything is installed and up to date. Matt Confirmed.

Oct 20 2018: States that the outlet is having heat issues...

Oct 26 2018: Claims to be another leak in the outlet area

Oct 27-31 2018: More excuses, says he is repairing my car cosmetically so he can buy more time. NO COSMETIC fixings were done, more dyno promises, another day of bad weather and no power. Explains to me why the part that was never installed was leaking. Another lie. See texts.

Nov 2 2018: Apparently he hit a pothole with my car, flat tire. Keep in mind, when I picked up the car 12/7/2018. The car still had a flat tire. He never fixed nor moved it like he said he did.

Nov 3 2018: Excuses about rain and how he couldn’t order another tire.

Nov-Dec 7 2018: I came across the S p o o l s t e e t.com (google ZNM and it should be the first thread) thread which everybody needs to read , and it immediately made me sick to my stomach. I found out Matt could be a potential scammer and fraud for which EVERYTHING made sense I was that naive to let Matt smooth talk his way through my build. . Ive been giving Matt pressure for the past 6 months of so, but i played his antics because i thought he an honest guy (man, was i fucking wrong). I gave Matt an ultimatum and set a date that i was picking up my car no matter what. This POS has the audacity to tell me car was drivable, and he has been working on it non stop so i could pick it up that Friday of the 7th. When i arrived at his shop, i arrived to the most grim, jaw dropping sight. My car was on a flat, dented beyond belief, non drive able, engine bay covered in leaves. Oh yeah he decided that was a good time to tell me the valve cover was cracked as well...I confronted Matt and he still has the audacity to say he was working on it the night before.

I had my car towed from his shop by AAA 12/7/2018 to MNC Performance for an immediate secondary inspection.

Aftermath/Conclusions TLDR
Absolutely nothing was installed on my car besides the inlet and that was even installed incorrectly. He lied about everything he made excuses for.why my car build was being delayed
I had my car towed to MNC Performance in Oceanside, NY directly from ZNM on December 7th 2018 via AAA. I created a spreadsheet for MNC to fill out to confirm that everything that i paid for and was promised by Matt at ZNM was or was not completed. And they confirmed that i was indeed scammed and victim of fraud by ZNM Performance/Auto.

Matt was a very nervous man when i confronted him, he blamed his mechanics stating that he didnt know if they completed the work or not...I told him it was a simple yes or FUCKING no if he installed the parts or if he even ordered them. All he did was scratch his beard as he froze in front of his computer. I immediately asked for every single dollar back from Matt to his face, obviously he said he would refund me everything back as soon as i left. I asked for all my parts and/or receipts that he even purchased these items, Matt said he would have to find them. When asked his he even worked on my car, Matt said "yes i was working on it last night late." I laughed so hard in his face and walked out the door.

-He never installed PURE stage 2 turbos, In fact he put on some unknown turbos on my car, and conveniently, they are also shot and pluming smoke. Picture confirmation that my turbos are some sort of stock rebuilt turbos
-NO OUTLET was ever even installed. His excuse for the 3 times he replaced my outlet was a complete lie. The stock outlet is not a piece that can be put back and forth that easily. In fact, most shops would cut it out
-My cylinder head is still my stock cylinder head. He scammed me into purchasing a used cylinder head for which was never installed, and probably never had in hand
-ZERO gaskets changed, oil pan, valve cover gasket, oil cooler
-Alternator was shot as well bc of my battery overcharge issues, replaced by my secondary shop
-Not even spark plug was replaced nor coil
-ECU was never fixed as he claimed needed to be rewired
-Battery cable never replaced as he stated he did (Yes i did the battery cable recall)
-IBS Unit never replaced as he stated he did, Matt never diagnosed the issue. He had no intention of fixing my battery issue whatsoever
-DSC Module never replaced as he stated he did, obviously everything he told me he replaced while diagnosing my issues, was never replaced (ABS sensors etc.)
-Valve cover was cracked, had to have it replaced by my secondary shop. My car did not have a cracked valve cover when i brought it in
-Flat tire, told me he replaced it, and then told me it wasnt a few hours before pick up
-Paint on my car is atrocious as it sat in his back lot for an entire year, 4 seasons of NE weather
-Stage 2 Fuel pump never installed, flex fuel module never installed
-No parts were given back to me, nor the new parts that i paid for
-Food debris was all over my driver side floor area, hes been fucking using my car and eating in it

Fucked up part also is i think he might have stolen my clutch as well. I have a Mfacotry SMFW and Spec Stg. 3+ and for those who know the nature of this set up. Very very high clutch engagement point and sounds like a lawnmower with all the clutch rattle at stock idle, and even with raised idle as well. Well when i got my car back, the engagement point is back to the middle, below middle, and there is virtually ZERO clutch noise anymore. I lowered the idle back to stock ~500rpm and its all quiet. I cannot confirm he took it or not until i actually get in there. But most likely he did.

To this day 2/19/2019. Matt has ceased to talk to me after about a month and half of me trying to get my refund from him. The refund issue a a broken record type situation. Matt claims he has initiated a refund, blah blah blah then for some reason after the maximum transaction pending period, the money never was refund. He even showed me FRAUDULENT paper work and emails for which i will attach. Matt has run me around refund process of his Credit car company. I mentioned paypal as the next step.... As you can predict, his account conveniently is suspended because fo the large amount of money he is trying to transfer from his bank. He stated he is transferring money from his bank to his paypal balance and THEN refunding me. Instead of directly paying me from his bank to my paypal. Obviously this never happened and when i asked for an update, he said that paypal was checking his credit score, that they need his licence and etc....All bullshit.

Matt Malave and Elyse Cruz are 100% con artists and scammers. Ponzi Scheme type. This is my first hand experience and i am not the only one to go through this. At least 4-5 confirmed individuals are dealing with this as we speak. They have blocked my number from their shop and Matt at this point is ignoring my texts and phone calls.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #2
m3gasm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09'M3, 16'M3, 11'550i, 17'X5

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
Hey guys check the original thread for pictures and others peoples comments. I saw a ton of other BMWs when i was at this shop and i really hope none of you guys fell victim to this shop.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585155

Hey guys, Its about the time that i write my full review of this shop. It has been a complete f**king nightmare, and it is still ongoing. The automotive community needs to know the truth about this shop and their scamming fraudulent antics.

You guys can criticize me all you want, suggest what i should have done, etc. I know i am partially to blame for my demise, but this thread a reminder that we can all be victims at anybody mercy. I just never thought this would happnef to our n54 community for which i have been a part for since 2006.

Around November of 2017. It was about that time to think of the future of my 09 335i 09 6MT FBO with about 115k. The car has been absolutely fantastic and i've had virtually no issues with leaks, turbos that we n54 owners face. I maintained the car very well as well as plenty of preventative maintenance for a peace of mind. But as we all know stock turbos wont last forever. I chose to go the aftermarket turbo route instead of trading in my car.

[SIZE="4"]Merchant[/SIZE]

ZNM Performance/Auto
http://znmperformance.com/
https://www.znmauto.com/
19 Cannonball Rd, Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
Matt Malave & Elyse Cruz are the owners of this shop

ZNM caught my eye on these forums as they were offering free labor for turbo installs if turbos were purchased through their shop. ZNM at the time had pretty good reviews, well documented builds. So i contacted Matt in the fall of 2017 to get a build list together. Pure Stage 2 DD's, all preventative gaskets replaced (oil pan, ofhg, vcg) inlets, outlets, ignition components. Very standard aftermarket turbo build nothing crazy. It was perfect timing as winter was right around the corner, and i had a secondary car to drive so emphasized that they had plenty of time to do my car right.

[SIZE="4"]Timeline of Events[/SIZE]
November 4th 2017: is when my car was dropped off to Matt Malave at ZNM Auto/Performance. Car was being dropped off to complete install of Pure Stage 2 turbos, install ancillary parts, code battery and overall maintenance of the car. All services paid for

Nov 6, 2017:
Claims Rear Axle CV Boot is torn and Grease is gone

Nov 7 2017: Claims Valve cover Gasket is leaking, Agreed to repair. Matt calls me and explains I need a new cylinder head and I have no choice but to repair it. $2377.77 is what the cost of the part/labor costs. Matt claimed that whomever installed my injectors last did not install the decoupling elements, which in turn bored through the hole where the injector is seated. He pulled the injector already so i was left with no choice but to purchase a cylinder head through him.

Dec 27 2018: New Cylinder head that I paid $2377.77 arrived. More than a month and a half later. Stated that the cylinder head that he initially got for me was damaged and he needed to source a new one. Apparently the head was coming from California. Yes California....

Jan 8-26 2018: Cylinder Head that I purchased for $2377.77 is at ZNM and was sent out to a machine shop to be cleaned up to be used and installed into my vehicle. Relays to me that my car will be ready to be picked up Weekend of Jan 18. Sends me pictures of it. Which so happens to be the same pictures he sent to another one of his customers which he scammed as well.

https://bmw.s p o o l s t e e t.com/...l s t r e e t)

Feb 13 2018: No contact in between Jan 26 and now because supposedly Matt was working on my car, agreed to replace injectors is necessary.

Mar 8-26 2018: Blaming weather for delays on my car, says car will be done this weekend. Asked for an update again, blamed weather again for my car being delayed, says car will be ready this coming weekend

March 27-31: Says he contacted my tuner to tune my car, Tuner confirms he was never contacted. Confirmed April 6 2018 that Matt never contacted my tuner. Now i'm being skeptical on my car and why it’s not done.

April 16 2018: Claims to have my car on the dyno to be tuned this weekend and pick up is ready to go.

April 19 2018: Claims while dynoing my car, the outlet pipe had a rupture in it and needed to be replaced. Outlet apparently replaced 3 times throughout entire build. He could never get it to fit (2 VRSF, 1 MMP Alumunim)

June 2018: Matt claims that my turbo has failed and that he has sent it out without my consent to a third party re-builder. BRAND NEW PURE STAGE 2 Turbos, that he sent out to be rebilt without even consulting me. (All a lie though, bc he never even ordered me turbos) I start to get frustrated and question Matt. Another few promises of my car being ready that weekend.

July 12 2018: replaced my windshield bc he claims he broke it going UP and Down on the lift (keep in mind, NOTHING was installed on my car.)

July 16 2018:
Claims car will be done that night again, going to dyno. However that afternoon, claimed that my outlet is still leaking. I advise him to get my car 100% before giving it back

July 20 2018: After speaking on the phone prior, Matt ordered a new outlet and claimed that my car was done except for installation of the outlet

July 25 2018:
Said car will be ready that weekend. We talked about what I was going to owe him for the remainder of the install of parts and what he “supposedly” installed on his dollar

July 30 2018: I pick up my car thinking that my car is 100% complete and done. Picked up the car. he managed to install the inlet ONLY however with my OLD intakes, he lied to be over the phone saying it was done. And to this day December 2018, that was the only part to be installed. He told me to bring back the car and we will have everything installed and tuned once he has the parts in...SO im like WTF...i was expecting a completely done car. He said he was supposed to have it done, but the outlet was delayed or some bullshit again

July 31 2018:
I get error codes for voltage overcharge. MY MAIN FUCKING reason i brought in my car to have my battery coded. I didnt think anything of it at the time, bc the CC ID codes go away from time to time.

August 10-14 2018: I drove my car a total of 300 miles since i picked it up. I cannot confirm if the turbos are installed, bc it is not tuned. I notice that oil is pluming from my exhaust and the day while im in my trunk i noticed a burning plastic smell....The battery cove panel has a burn spot on it and i pull it off to find that my IBS unit is melted and burned all the way through. Just look at my pictures shown below. This MOFO did not even code my battery and let it sit in his fucking lot while my battery melted in the trunk. I called Matt and he insisted that he had it coded and there were no codes when he had the car.

August 17 2018: finally get it towed to ZNM again because of my melting battery, leaking oil, and for Matt to COMPLETE all installs that I paid for.

August 20-31 2018: Says the outlet again was on its way. Matt diagnosed my battery issue and ultimately blames the issue on a battery cable issue which is a 10 hour job and that he is completing. Installed a new IBS unit....Did the motor blower recall out of GOODWILL...Keep in mind there are all texts saying he did this all to me.

Sep 1-6 2018: Says there is a boost leak and there is a problem with my BRAND new turbo once again. Confirmed that the oil leak from August 17 is from the oil drain line that I provided and that it in turn made the turbo seals fail...[/U]

Sept 6-20: Blaming the oil drain line which was kinked as the culprit, he states he sent out the turbo AGAIN against my will to his "shop" for rebuild. More and more excuses on why my car is not done. ALL WITHOUT MY acknowledgement

Oct 2 2018: Another false promise of my car being dynoed and ready to go that weekend.

Oct 4 2018: Blamed weather for another delayed dyno session

Oct 5 2018: Says it will be done this weekend.

Oct 7 2018: New problems, wheel speed sensor, ABS problems. ALL LIES, confirmed by my secondary shop none of this was ever fixed nor a problem

Oct 10 2018: Used the battery issue that arrised in August as the culprit for the new issues of car computer problems, ABS problems. He said he fixed everything and fixed my car computer (DME) Harness with new parts. Also says he replaced my ABS module

Oct 18 2018: Matt still working on DME harness and I am confirming that Everything is installed and up to date. Matt Confirmed.

Oct 20 2018: States that the outlet is having heat issues...

Oct 26 2018: Claims to be another leak in the outlet area

Oct 27-31 2018: More excuses, says he is repairing my car cosmetically so he can buy more time. NO COSMETIC fixings were done, more dyno promises, another day of bad weather and no power. Explains to me why the part that was never installed was leaking. Another lie. See texts.

Nov 2 2018: Apparently he hit a pothole with my car, flat tire. Keep in mind, when I picked up the car 12/7/2018. The car still had a flat tire. He never fixed nor moved it like he said he did.

Nov 3 2018: Excuses about rain and how he couldn’t order another tire.

Nov-Dec 7 2018: I came across the S p o o l s t e e t.com (google ZNM and it should be the first thread) thread which everybody needs to read , and it immediately made me sick to my stomach. I found out Matt could be a potential scammer and fraud for which EVERYTHING made sense I was that naive to let Matt smooth talk his way through my build. . Ive been giving Matt pressure for the past 6 months of so, but i played his antics because i thought he an honest guy (man, was i fucking wrong). I gave Matt an ultimatum and set a date that i was picking up my car no matter what. This POS has the audacity to tell me car was drivable, and he has been working on it non stop so i could pick it up that Friday of the 7th. When i arrived at his shop, i arrived to the most grim, jaw dropping sight. My car was on a flat, dented beyond belief, non drive able, engine bay covered in leaves. Oh yeah he decided that was a good time to tell me the valve cover was cracked as well...I confronted Matt and he still has the audacity to say he was working on it the night before.

I had my car towed from his shop by AAA 12/7/2018 to MNC Performance for an immediate secondary inspection.

[SIZE="4"]Aftermath/Conclusions TLDR[/SIZE]
Absolutely nothing was installed on my car besides the inlet and that was even installed incorrectly. He lied about everything he made excuses for.why my car build was being delayed
I had my car towed to MNC Performance in Oceanside, NY directly from ZNM on December 7th 2018 via AAA. I created a spreadsheet for MNC to fill out to confirm that everything that i paid for and was promised by Matt at ZNM was or was not completed. And they confirmed that i was indeed scammed and victim of fraud by ZNM Performance/Auto.

Matt was a very nervous man when i confronted him, he blamed his mechanics stating that he didnt know if they completed the work or not...I told him it was a simple yes or FUCKING no if he installed the parts or if he even ordered them. All he did was scratch his beard as he froze in front of his computer. I immediately asked for every single dollar back from Matt to his face, obviously he said he would refund me everything back as soon as i left. I asked for all my parts and/or receipts that he even purchased these items, Matt said he would have to find them. When asked his he even worked on my car, Matt said "yes i was working on it last night late." I laughed so hard in his face and walked out the door.

-He never installed PURE stage 2 turbos, In fact he put on some unknown turbos on my car, and conveniently, they are also shot and pluming smoke. Picture confirmation that my turbos are some sort of stock rebuilt turbos
-NO OUTLET was ever even installed. His excuse for the 3 times he replaced my outlet was a complete lie. The stock outlet is not a piece that can be put back and forth that easily. In fact, most shops would cut it out
-My cylinder head is still my stock cylinder head. He scammed me into purchasing a used cylinder head for which was never installed, and probably never had in hand
-ZERO gaskets changed, oil pan, valve cover gasket, oil cooler
-Alternator was shot as well bc of my battery overcharge issues, replaced by my secondary shop
-Not even spark plug was replaced nor coil
-ECU was never fixed as he claimed needed to be rewired
-Battery cable never replaced as he stated he did (Yes i did the battery cable recall)
-IBS Unit never replaced as he stated he did, Matt never diagnosed the issue. He had no intention of fixing my battery issue whatsoever
-DSC Module never replaced as he stated he did, obviously everything he told me he replaced while diagnosing my issues, was never replaced (ABS sensors etc.)
-Valve cover was cracked, had to have it replaced by my secondary shop. My car did not have a cracked valve cover when i brought it in
-Flat tire, told me he replaced it, and then told me it wasnt a few hours before pick up
-Paint on my car is atrocious as it sat in his back lot for an entire year, 4 seasons of NE weather
-Stage 2 Fuel pump never installed, flex fuel module never installed
-No parts were given back to me, nor the new parts that i paid for
-Food debris was all over my driver side floor area, hes been fucking using my car and eating in it

Fucked up part also is i think he might have stolen my clutch as well. I have a Mfacotry SMFW and Spec Stg. 3+ and for those who know the nature of this set up. Very very high clutch engagement point and sounds like a lawnmower with all the clutch rattle at stock idle, and even with raised idle as well. Well when i got my car back, the engagement point is back to the middle, below middle, and there is virtually ZERO clutch noise anymore. I lowered the idle back to stock ~500rpm and its all quiet. I cannot confirm he took it or not until i actually get in there. But most likely he did.

To this day 2/19/2019. Matt has ceased to talk to me after about a month and half of me trying to get my refund from him. The refund issue a a broken record type situation. Matt claims he has initiated a refund, blah blah blah then for some reason after the maximum transaction pending period, the money never was refund. He even showed me FRAUDULENT paper work and emails for which i will attach. Matt has run me around refund process of his Credit car company. I mentioned paypal as the next step.... As you can predict, his account conveniently is suspended because fo the large amount of money he is trying to transfer from his bank. He stated he is transferring money from his bank to his paypal balance and THEN refunding me. Instead of directly paying me from his bank to my paypal. Obviously this never happened and when i asked for an update, he said that paypal was checking his credit score, that they need his licence and etc....All bullshit.

Matt Malave and Elyse Cruz are 100% con artists and scammers. Ponzi Scheme type. This is my first hand experience and i am not the only one to go through this. At least 4-5 confirmed individuals are dealing with this as we speak. They have blocked my number from their shop and Matt at this point is ignoring my texts and phone calls.
Small claims court time
2017 X5 35i. STOCK, boring, and sold!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #3
135Mensur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Definitely take this guy to small claims court.... anyone in the NJ area should only bring their bmw's to Billy Mason....guy is a wizard and all around awesome guy
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 03:04 PM   #4
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Mensur View Post
Definitely take this guy to small claims court.... anyone in the NJ area should only bring their bmw's to Billy Mason....guy is a wizard and all around awesome guy
Yup, that is the plan. Ive been quiet as ive been giving ZNM a chance to reddem themselve and save face. But more lies....

Check back for an update soon.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #5
SolidWater
Private
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Tried googling the guy but nothing came up. What shop is Billy Mason with?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 02:34 PM   #6
135Mensur
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidWater View Post
Tried googling the guy but nothing came up. What shop is Billy Mason with?
Look him up on instagram username: b_mase_monkey
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #7
SolidWater
Private
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Look him up on instagram username: b_mase_monkey
Nice thanks. He seems to do mods/installs. Got any recommendations for simple repairs? Med new wheel bearings put in
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 01:56 PM   #8
135Mensur
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Nice thanks. He seems to do mods/installs. Got any recommendations for simple repairs? Med new wheel bearings put in
He does it all!

Did my:

Injectors
Water Pump
OFHG
Downpipes
LPFP
Radiator replacement
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #9
HyperBimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
Quote:
He does it all!

Did my:

Injectors
Water Pump
OFHG
Downpipes
LPFP
Radiator replacement
Another excellent BMW shop is Ziggy's in Somerville. He replaced a motor on my 135i, did an outstanding job. Prior to that when I had a 330i he's always been a go to place. Not a butcher, a real deal BMW tech who is able to do everything on a dealership level and much more.
Plus he's a really down to earth kind of person. He allows the customers to bring their own parts.
Appreciate 0