04-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #111
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by conneem-TT View Post
So the 1M is actually lighter than a 135i in Canada?

It is 40kg heavier here in Europe.

Also the manual and DCT M3's seem to weigh the same in Canada also????
Yes 1M is lighter then the 135 in Canada and USA. No idea what the European weights are and frankly don't care. I suspect it differs slightly per country and not European wide.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #112
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
I think the ignorance is on your part buddy! They are comparable in every way other than the engine and therefore the style of power delivery. With the same running gear, very similar performance etc and less weight to haul round but lots more mid-range "shove" it will be epic. I've just sold my E92 M3 which was a great machine, but im betting the 1M will be more focussed, more fun and quicker in the real world!

This is certainly no warmed-over 135, yes a bespoke M division engine would have been great but im thinking the cost of developing one would have added far too much to the asking price.....taking it too near to the M3 on price AND performance.
So you sold an M3 to buy a 1M that you admit BMW compromised on so as to not perform as well as the M3....