BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-01-2021, 11:16 PM   #1
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Roll Bar mounted in 128i

Added a new mod to my track 128i, a custom roll-bar.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-02-2021, 07:20 AM   #2
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Looks nice!

Just for my own curiosity, what seats are those? Just looking to get more info on what fits in the car and what doesn't.
Appreciate 1
gds52886.00
      03-02-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
gds52
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Looks nice!

Just for my own curiosity, what seats are those? Just looking to get more info on what fits in the car and what doesn't.
These are Corbeau seats, installed by previous owner. I believe you can install any race seats with a mounting bracket for this car.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2021, 08:12 AM   #4
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
These are Corbeau seats, installed by previous owner. I believe you can install any race seats with a mounting bracket for this car.
Was just hoping you knew the model of seat. The 1er is very tight to get two race seats in, so trying to determine how wide a seat can be installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 11:25 AM   #5
gds52
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Was just hoping you knew the model of seat. The 1er is very tight to get two race seats in, so trying to determine how wide a seat can be installed.
Oh I get it now. My seats sit very tight with the door panel, but they fit good. A friend just bought same seats, I'll ask him about the vendor link.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2021, 07:05 PM   #6
austinaslink
Automotive Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 PS2 N55 135i

Quote:
Those seats look to be Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats. Same ones I have in my car, with Corbeau brackets. Fitment is spot on.

Name:  seats.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  93.0 KB
      03-02-2021, 07:26 PM   #7
gds52
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
As austin above mentioned, this is Fx1 pro model.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2021, 07:00 PM   #8
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
OP, I’m curious about your half cage. You mind if I picked your brain about it? I’m at the level now where even with four point Schroth’s, I’m still moving about on my seat driving on track. Most instructors have been telling me to move up to buckets and harnesses but ofcourse that requires a cage for safety.

Where’d you get yours done? Price? PM me if you can. Thanks in advance mate.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 11:32 AM   #9
gds52
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black View Post
Quote:
OP, I’m curious about your half cage. You mind if I picked your brain about it? I’m at the level now where even with four point Schroth’s, I’m still moving about on my seat driving on track. Most instructors have been telling me to move up to buckets and harnesses but ofcourse that requires a cage for safety.

Where’d you get yours done? Price? PM me if you can. Thanks in advance mate.
I believe you have factory seats, which will not give that level of hold. Instructors are correct in suggesting for better seats. You don't have to spend a lot of money for high end ones.

I do not know how 4-Pt Schroths work.
But for any harness, I prefer roll-bar and HANS protection.
I stayed with factory belts until I got the roll-bar.

Where are you located? The guy who did this job is in PA, about an hour drive form Philly.
I can say, perfect job with v decent price.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 12:03 PM   #10
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
I believe you have factory seats, which will not give that level of hold. Instructors are correct in suggesting for better seats. You don't have to spend a lot of money for high end ones.

Where are you located? The guy who did this job is in PA, about an hour drive form Philly.
Yes still on factory sport seats with a four point Schroth Quick Fit Pro. Basically they are custom made for the car and make use of the factory seatbelt receptacles and are street legal. They have anti submarining technology preventing you from going under the belt. Quite a mouthful but you get the idea.

These are compatible to use w a HANS, which I use as well for HPDE.

I’m located in Mass and have been researching decent half cages from people here and track acquaintances and it seems like the good cage makers are outside the state (or maybe I just haven’t asked enough people).

PM me if you don’t want to post costs/quotes and all that. I’m really eager to know a ballpark figure. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 01:49 PM   #11
gds52
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black View Post
Quote:

Yes still on factory sport seats with a four point Schroth Quick Fit Pro. Basically they are custom made for the car and make use of the factory seatbelt receptacles and are street legal. They have anti submarining technology preventing you from going under the belt. Quite a mouthful but you get the idea.

These are compatible to use w a HANS, which I use as well for HPDE.

I’m located in Mass and have been researching decent half cages from people here and track acquaintances and it seems like the good cage makers are outside the state (or maybe I just haven’t asked enough people).

PM me if you don’t want to post costs/quotes and all that. I’m really eager to know a ballpark figure. Thank you.
I considered this roll bar before I found the guy to do custom.

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...yABEgKuKfD_BwE

You can find a local shop and let them talk to the vendor and figure out pricing.
Appreciate 0