BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-04-2017, 12:12 AM   #1
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Revozsport: Buyer beware

I recently had the displeasure of dealing with Revozsport (http://www.revozport.com) and thought I'd share my story as a cautionary tale to anyone thinking of doing business with them.

I was in the market for a replica GTS wing for my E92 M3 and another member recommended them. He had purchased a GTS replica from them and was satisfied with the fit and finish of his wing.

I took the plunge and ordered one for $1,000 on 6/29/17. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. After week 3 came and went with no followup, I emailed them to ask when the wing would ship. I was told it would ship the end of the week. When that day came and went, I emailed them again. Again, they said it would ship shortly.

By August 3rd, after the wing was two weeks overdue, I emailed them one last time. This time I was told they were "switching offices" and that they would get back to me in a week or so. I was done and told them to cancel my order. I heard nothing. I followed up on August 5th to confirm they had cancelled my order. They responded that the wing had just shipped out that day and was already on its way.

It arrived several days later. I was ready to put the delay behind me until I opened up the box and saw that, rather than the satin black wing I was promised, the entire top half of the wing was unpainted. It was just bare purple primer.

I recently had the displeasure of dealing with Revozsport (http://www.revozport.com) and thought I'd share my story as a cautionary tale to anyone thinking of doing business with them.

I was in the market for a replica GTS wing and another member recommended them. He had purchased a GTS replica from them and was satisfied with the fit and finish of his wing.

I took the plunge and ordered one for $1,000 on 6/29/17. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. After week 3 came and went with no followup, I emailed them to ask when the wing would ship. I was told it would ship the end of the week. When that day came and went, I emailed them again. Again, they said it would ship shortly.

By August 3rd, after the wing was two weeks overdue, I emailed them one last time. This time I was told they were "switching offices" and that they would get back to me in a week or so. I was done and told them to cancel my order. I heard nothing. I followed up on August 5th to confirm they had cancelled my order. They responded that the wing had just shipped out that day and was already on its way.

It arrived several days later. I was ready to put the delay behind me until I opened up the box and saw that, rather than the satin black wing I was promised, the entire top half of the wing was unpainted. It was just bare purple primer:

Revozsport's website absolutely conveyed the impression that the wing would be painted. Every single photo on the website of the product showed the wing painted (and actually showed it with a foil hologram logo not unlike those on ball caps):

Most importantly, at no point did they state anything that the wing would need paint, in which case I wouldn't have bought it.

I suspect that they simply rushed the wing out the door when I asked them to cancel the order. The build quality is actually not bad; it's a pretty decent copy of RKP's GTS replica. But I'm not interested in spending more money to paint this.

I reached out to them to ask that they send me a refund and a shipping label so I could return it to them. They had the audacity to demand a 15% re-stocking fee. I refused to pay a re-stocking fee; they should take the wing back and give me a full refund since the wing they sent was not the one I was promised. (Not to mention that re-stocking fees are illegal when they are not disclosed in advance, which this was not.)

They eventually stopped responding to my emails so I went ahead and opened up a claim with PayPal. I sent them a message (as required) on PayPal's dispute center and they never responded. (Surprise, surprise.) I then escalated the claim and they responded by offering me $1.00 the dispute.

In sum, if my experience is any indication, Revozsport will promise you a painted wing in 2-3 weeks, but will send you an unpainted wing 6 weeks after you order and will pretty much demonstrate some of the worst customer service imaginable along the way.

It's a shame because, as I mentioned, the build quality is actually pretty good for a rep, but this type of customer service is beyond ridiculous. Buyer beware with this company.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
Jorgensen54
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/AG 135i 6MT

For a $1k piece of shit, I'd want more - but looking at the rest of their stock photos of the FRP model, that thing is definitely unfinished. You just got unlucky and received purple.

I'd expect nothing more from a company with such insane prices and the inability to determine if they'd rather make car parts or toilets and dog houses.
      10-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #3
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

holy shit.. that thing is fuckin horrendous.. it seems like a hobo with a belt sanger made that shit out of a abs raft paddle.. smh..
ill make u one for 500$
sorry to hear u got hosed man..