BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #23
LcossE82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcossE82 View Post
With more reasearch I began to realize that the z4 is the platform for me and it hits every point on my list that the 1er couldn't. I will be keeping the 1er as the ultimate daily and waiting a year or so to get the z4m. Stay tuned because this 1er will be ultimate and thanks for all the help on the search!!
I don't mind the Z4 (I already own six BMW convertibles) but the amount of plastic in the interior and how cheap and breakable it all is, really turns me off. I see plenty of them come in as trades since many owners have them as second- or third-cars. I always end up patching and refitting plastic panels until I finally give up and sell them as-is. Not BMW-impressive. The 1-series is an anvil by comparison, especially after owning an E36 Ti where everything on the inside is a cheaper version of the regular 3-series. I find the 1-series actually holds up better than the same vintage 3-series.

To answer other questions in this thread, the iPod/USB option simply means the car will control an ipod through the iDrive just like a CD. Real iPods only have USB anyway, so the Bluetooth I wanted only for the phone. I don't think thee were a lot of BMWs pre-2014 with wireless music transfer, though I think my '13 does it with my iPhone. Haven't used it enough to remember.

As for sites to search, my 6-speed came from here. My Sport Auto I found on Cars.com, though I'd searched AutoTrader, CarGuru, CarFax, Facebook, Craig's List, and most others for some time. That's my second purchases from Cars.com.
To me the z4m checks every point of mine in performance, interior wise I wasn't to focused on but it is good to know! But Straight 6, 6 speed, screamer of an engine, smaller chassis, and etc.. was on my list for the 1er but the z4 offers a much better platform. my goal is to have the 1er as an awesome and fun daily and have the z4m for track meets and to get to wrenching. I do agree that the 1er is an amazing platform which why ive struggled to let go of mine regardless of the transmission 😂. Atm I ordered floating rotors for the 1er and I'm borrowing a welding machine to practice some stuff with my exhaust. Other things are coming for the 1er to make sure it lasts.

Mine has Bluetooth but not for music the USB port is the only "iPod" compatible accessory. I ordered a 30$ Bluetooth adaptor that turns on and connects as soon as the car starts. Works amazing for me haha.
Appreciate 0