BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2016, 07:21 AM   #1
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Adaptive Headlight Error

So I purchased this 2011 BMW 135i about a month and a half ago used with 53k miles - just above manufacturers warranty so I purchased the extended warranty. I did not like the stock yellow halo's and decided to upgrade to the Lux V5 Angel Eyes. I followed the youtube instructions and fabricated/cut a piece out to properly mount the ballast.

Everything worked properly for 3 weeks, no error codes until yesterday. The first thing I noticed, was that the right headlight goes down and then up for adjustment, and then the left headlight tries to adjust. Before I could've sworn that both adjust exactly at the same time. So I started looking into the headlight again, making sure the ballast didn't become loose or anything, which it didn't. Error is still there, and upon looking, I find this...
Name:  20160329_074129.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  755.7 KB

Top of the headlight bracket is broken. The piece that is on the headlight itself is broken. My question is, what are the chances of the dealership repairing this? Is it possible that this is even the cause of the error (as the headlight is not secured in the same position as it originally was)? I did not cause this to break, as the LUX V5 install only required removal of the back headlight cover. I am reading a lot of errors after installing aftermarket Halo's, and costs of $1000+ for repairs but I just want to get an idea of what to expect before I bring it in.

Thanks in advance guys,
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #2
135iRick
Private
Rep
Drives: Black 2011 135i

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...adlight+module

Check this thread
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

I finally got this fixed. Found out how to read the code from the dash (holding the button down at the check screen) - which read CC-ID 295 - 'adaptive cornering lights failure'

So through friends at work, they introduced me to a BMW technician. Pretty cool guy who did the scanning of my car and determined that it was just the control module of my left headlight. There was also an oil leak, window regulator, radio lights dimming, and a bubble on one of my tires. He said to bring it in, and even leave the halo's in the headlights. Since I got an extended warranty through a different dealer (MOPAR) they actually came out to inspect the car to approve the charges. They are also wondering how the dealership sold me the car in this shape to begin with...

He was able to pop off the front bumper, take out the headlight and replace the control module for the headlight. Also he repaired the oil leak which was at the oil filter gasket, replaced the radio, window regulator, brake fluid flush and the tire with a bubble. Needless to say, this service alone was over $2800.

I have to say that BMW's with over 50k miles literally turn into a money pit. I see why the price was dropped dramatically and I am more than happy that I got the extended warranty for this. Knowing this tech definitely helped my experience but I am glad everything is working.
Appreciate 0