BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-21-2018, 02:48 AM   #1
JC_135i
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6-speed

Need A Mechanic Near Frankfurt, Germany

Hello all! I am in search of a good mechanic near Frankfurt, Germany. I was driving home the other night and developed a misfire. I was able to nurse it home and the scanner showed a misfire on cylinder #1. I just have a normal OBDII scanner so I wasn't able to go further in depth.

I pulled off the engine shroud and found of oil near the first three cylinders. I pulled off the coil packs and cylinder #2 had a lot of standing oil. I suspect this is what's causing the the misfire. With that being said, I'm not allowed to work on cars where I live. I need someone to change the valve cover gasket and possibly the entire valve cover should it be cracked.

EDIT: This is US-spec car.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #2
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
135 misfiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_135i View Post
Hello all! I am in search of a good mechanic near Frankfurt, Germany. I was driving home the other night and developed a misfire. I was able to nurse it home and the scanner showed a misfire on cylinder #1. I just have a normal OBDII scanner so I wasn't able to go further in depth.

I pulled off the engine shroud and found of oil near the first three cylinders. I pulled off the coil packs and cylinder #2 had a lot of standing oil. I suspect this is what's causing the the misfire. With that being said, I'm not allowed to work on cars where I live. I need someone to change the valve cover gasket and possibly the entire valve cover should it be cracked.

PM me your facebook account name if you have FB...we have a private 1Addicts in Europe group and maybe one of the guys can help you out...
      01-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
JC_135i
Germany
Rep

PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_135i View Post

What do you think Dackelone ???
      01-21-2018, 02:53 PM   #5
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
value cover problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
What do you think Dackelone ??? Elsabor67
What do you think?
      01-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #6
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
That's a cracked valve cover/ gasket. He's better off replacing the cover and gasket at the same time. If he could get the car up to Stuttgart, I could do it here at the house.
Dackelone10511.00
      01-22-2018, 02:03 AM   #7
JC_135i
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
That's a cracked valve cover/ gasket. He's better off replacing the cover and gasket at the same time. If he could get the car up to Stuttgart, I could do it here at the house.
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 04:58 PM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
What do you think Dackelone ???
I agree with Nic Elsabor67 his valve cover is cracked. ~$400 for the part(plastic valve cover with gasket). It shouldn't be too hard to replace it yourself.

I would also replace the spark plugs($80 for six) IF its been more than 35K miles since they were last changed. IF you have more than 85K miles... I would replace your coil packs($180 for six) too. Use only BMW dealer bought spark plugs bc the aftermarket ones can cause misfires.

I would run your VIN to see if you have any recalls open too. HPFP or the other safety recalls. Carbon buildup can also cause a misfire. But pools of oil(down on the plugs) is most definitely the cause in his car's case.

Dackel
Appreciate 0