E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Survey scores for service

02-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Survey scores for service

Would you give a poor score for not being offered a loaner on the survey questions that have to deal with overall satisfaction of service when getting your vehicle serviced? If so, would you continue to give them a non 5 for this? Well, I did and I explained the reason to the survey lady. When I bought my vehicle I asked the sales guy if they give loaners and he said they do. Then a couple of weeks after a buy my car I get a letter from the dealer saying they don't do loaners. I'm not sure if they just implemented that after I bought or if my sales guy lied to me. Either way, I should've have to wait til around 30+min for the shuttle guy to take me back to work and have to get him to pick me up when I pick up my car that they didn't even fix (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11794).

I think we should all be offered a free loaner when your car is still under warantee...especially since these are suppose to be LUXURY vehicles. I'm sure I'll have to bring my car there in the future cuz they're the only ones in town. Is it fair to keep giving them a poor score on overall satisfaction because of the no loaner, even if I know going in they don't offer one?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
I don't feel entitled to a loaner car, that's why I have to set up an appointment in advance so I can get a loaner. Some dealerships don't offer loaners from what I understand. Like you, when I purchased my car, I asked if they offered it, and they said yes. Now if I was promised a loaner on x-date and I didn't get one, I would be upset.

I would talk to the service manager and see what they say, I'm sure you can work it out with them. If you find out that they really don't offer loaners, I would not continue to give them low scores, I would want them to like me and not take any less care of my car. You know, like treating the staff nice in a resturant that your dining in, even if you don't like them but you like your food!

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
I don't feel entitled to a loaner car, that's why I have to set up an appointment in advance so I can get a loaner. Some dealerships don't offer loaners from what I understand. Like you, when I purchased my car, I asked if they offered it, and they said yes. Now if I was promised a loaner on x-date and I didn't get one, I would be upset.

I would talk to the service manager and see what they say, I'm sure you can work it out with them. If you find out that they really don't offer loaners, I would not continue to give them low scores, I would want them to like me and not take any less care of my car. You know, like treating the staff nice in a resturant that your dining in, even if you don't like them but you like your food!

Danny
Yeah, that's what I kinda think too.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2006, 11:32 PM   #4
Armen52
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
From what we've heard, if the guys in your dealer's service department aren't the nicest around, this will mean that you will get even shittier service the next time you go in.

I suggest you take up issues with the dealer's managers directly before you rate these people low on the BMWNA surveys. Those go straight to their pocketbook in a big way and apparently they get quite upset about it usually.

I'd say, give them a chance to correct their mistakes before tanking them on the survey.
      02-05-2006, 01:00 AM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

the last thing you want is to give them low scores. They will probably do worse to your car. Just think of your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #6
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

Dealers are not obligated to provide loaner cars though most do when the work will take some time and an appointment is made in advance. I don't think you are doing anyone a favor by rating dealer poorly.
Appreciate 0