BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-16-2023, 09:37 PM   #1
MAMSport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i M-Sport coupe

Yoko Advan V601 experiences

Wondering if anyone here has used the Yokohama Advan V601 tires? They are classified as Max Performance Summer by TireRack and even have a 25k mile treadwear life warranty (not staggered). I'm particularly interested in the tire performance in wet/rainy conditions.

I'm driving a modified 128i (see my sig) and know enough not to do silly things in standing water, but I am curious whether these tires are safe to drive when roads aren't dry. I am OK with adjusting my driving to meet conditions, but I don't want tires that are downright dangerous if used in wet. I'm weighing whether to go with full summers or UHP all-season, Bridgestone RE980 AS+ tires instead. Tire size would be 225/45-17 all around.

I've also noted this in the F/S section, but I'm looking for one (or maybe more) BMW wheels, p/n 36116751364, a 17" x 8" wheel with high offset. They are NLA from BMW and not available on the various wheel repair/refinishing sites. The wheels obviously aren't E8x wheels, though.
E9x M3 front & rear suspension arms; BMW Performance brakes upgraded to drilled rotors in rear; BMW performance shifter; BMW Performance Exhaust; Wave Trac LSD with modified 'nannies'; BMW Euro Intake box; BMW Aluminum Strut Tower bar; ECS front and rear sway bars; 3 stage intake with BPC software; BMW style 78, 17 x 8" wheels with Bridgestone RE 980AS 225/45-17 tires; Koni Special Active struts/shocks, E9x M3 RTABs.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 08:57 AM   #2
D.I.P.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i xDrive

I have run a set of these Tires on a different car not my 135. I found them to be exceptional in Dry and more than adequate in wet conditions. I do not push any of my cars hard in wet conditions so my experience is limited to just "normal" driving. I've never had a moment with these tires in the wet that made me feel uneasy in anyway about being on the road. They feel planted and have good grip. I've experienced tires that i felt were too dangerous to drive in the wet (such as some Nitto drag radials that made me hold my breath every time i entered a round about or a long loop joining/exiting a highway) but the V601's have always felt "confident". So much so that i am literally getting a set delivered to the house TODAY for my new APEX wheels which will be going into the 135i project

For the price, these tires are hard to beat.
- SSK - RL DP's - JB4 - BMS DCI
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 08:06 PM   #3
MAMSport
Second Lieutenant
Rep

D.I.P., thank you very much for your feedback! I am more 'normal' than spirited, particularly if the roads aren't dry, but I had experiences years ago with tires that didn't grip well in wet, coupled with a car that had bad brake bias/balance. Thus, I never want to have tires with poor or questionable wet performance!
E9x M3 front & rear suspension arms; BMW Performance brakes upgraded to drilled rotors in rear; BMW performance shifter; BMW Performance Exhaust; Wave Trac LSD with modified 'nannies'; BMW Euro Intake box; BMW Aluminum Strut Tower bar; ECS front and rear sway bars; 3 stage intake with BPC software; BMW style 78, 17 x 8" wheels with Bridgestone RE 980AS 225/45-17 tires; Koni Special Active struts/shocks, E9x M3 RTABs.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 03:13 PM   #4
powerbait
postimus minimus
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 addiction

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
2018 BMW M3  [10.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
1998 BMW M3  [7.50]
Can concur with D.I.P. I have a set of these on an e92 M3 and have had no issues in the rain, even did a damp HPDE with these and was fairly impressed, I was cautious but never had any surprising incidents. They always did exactly what I input confidently. My only complaint is that the shoulders are a tad rounder than other tires of the same size, giving a less beefy look. Same size tire of a Michelin would fill the wheel well out better. I went from a perfect flushness to looking like I needed a bit of spacer, but absolutely no complaint in the performance side.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 07:42 PM   #5
MAMSport
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you!
Appreciate 0