BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-04-2023, 08:10 PM   #1
rsnider
Rep
Drives: BMW

Performance Exhaust Alternatives?

I’m a bit late to the party (recently bought an ‘13 135i DCT) and I’ve missed the boat on the performance exhaust. I’ve searched high and low, checked with all my sources and suppliers and nothing. The only people who say they can get one is Bekkers and I’m 99% certain they’re scammers.

What are some other exhausts that sound similar to the performance exhaust? Don’t want to go catless and don’t want to spend a fortune.

My other idea is to remove the resonator and then connect a straight pipe from just before the muffler to just before the exhaust flapper so when the flapper is open, it has a partial muffler bypass. Does anyone have experience with how this might sound?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 08:55 PM   #2
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Not sure if the Dinan exhaust is still available but heard it sounds like the Performance exhaust. Check some YouTube vids and check with Dinan. It's probably not cheap. Check the 'for sale' section here for a used one if you're interested.

Also, this is the 1M forum. Not for the 135i.

Last edited by Esteban; 05-04-2023 at 09:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
ayao635.50
      05-05-2023, 05:08 PM   #3
rsnider
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Not sure if the Dinan exhaust is still available but heard it sounds like the Performance exhaust. Check some YouTube vids and check with Dinan. It's probably not cheap. Check the 'for sale' section here for a used one if you're interested.

Also, this is the 1M forum. Not for the 135i.
My mistake! I thought this was the general exhaust thread for the e8x 1 series.

Yes, the Dinan exhaust was another consideration (especially since they’re currently 50% off) I just wasn’t sure how it sounded and youtube vids recorded with a phone microphone can only convey so much…
Appreciate 0