BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-26-2023, 07:22 PM   #23
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

2011 135i, had an A02, replaced with A01, worked perfectly. If anyone finds this thread through a search and wonders about it, FYI.

I initially didn't have mine turn back on though... I took it all apart a 2nd time and was more careful about placing the 3 circuit tabs into their slots. I thought it was idiot proof but I guess not. It also could have been a janky connector, one of the big plastic ones and actually unrelated to the circuit tabs. Maybe I didn't get the big white or purple ones pushed all the way back on.

Great writeup, not much else is needed. Be careful tugging the wires, try to grab the plastic parts only.

***edit***

May not be working perfectly. I attached the new screen to the existing circuit board and put it in and out of the car multiple times. First time it didn't light up, then it was dim, then it didn't light up, then on the last try it lit up brightly. So I out things all back together, and now it's dim again.

It could just be me but every time I put the old one back it's bright as can be. I'm a bit confused. I'll probably remember to edit this again if I find a solution. Might just remove the coating from the old one and put it back. TBD.

Anyhow, short version is that perhaps the 01 isn't a direct swap after all, as I originally expected.

***edit***

OK! So it works. It was probably me. Basically pulled it apart, scratched my head since it looked perfect, and put it back together again and it's working fine. Nice and bright. I feel like something was up with a power connection. Fingers crossed the problem doesn't return. I certainly jiggled and (gently) tugged on things getting it back in the car, so I'm optimistic I wont' hit a bump in the road and have it turn off.

Last edited by tracer bullet; 04-27-2023 at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 0