BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #23
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HungryMan View Post
Viv, sorry to hear that. Surreal stuff.

When my windshield broke last week, I had to specify BMW glass with Speedy Glass.

Anyway, sorry to hear.
I had to triple check that BMW glass was going to fitted.

The glass I got has a BMW logo & Pilkington logo as normal so hopefully I've got what I asked for.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #24
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Wow that totally sucks.. I hate the "don't drive a flashy car".. the 1er is not that flashy first off.. second it doesnn't really matter what car you drive it could happen to anyone.. some ppl are ignorant and cops are pure uselessness anyways.. donut eating ticket givers.. no faith in the law of any sort... sorry to hear about your situation man..
Guess when you drive a ford focus the 1er is pretty flashy.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #25
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Mate that's a rough story. I feel bad for you but it's good to hear everything is finally getting fixed. I hope the car is good as new.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #26
Yuzi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

omg man i feel sorry for you man....I hate ICBC. I guess i should keep my car dirty and debadge my BMW badge to make it less "flashy" since 128i is already an entry level BMW.

128i | Jet Black | Premium package | Sport package | 18" Style 263 | 6MT | Injen Intake | BMS PowerBox |SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #27
Sugarphreak
Private
Rep
Drives:

Freaking Vancouver, love the city but hate the inability of the VPD to do anything about the rampant car theft problem. I lived over on the BCIT campus for a while and it was theft after theft from the parking lot on the Willingdon side.

Sorry to hear, but seems like everybody gets treated like this when their car gets broken into. Whenever I am passing through anymore I spend a lot of time picking the most secure spot I can find... I have been lucky so far.

As far as easy-park go they are a bunch of morons, the guards are probably off smoking weed half the time with their buddies looting cars on the side. They have no right to blame you calling your car flashy if they offer protective services.

Another story I heard was about the Park & Fly in Vancouver, a friend with a 1/2 year old BMW left it with them for a few weeks and they were supposed to take it for a complimentary car wash. When he came back the engine seized as he pulled out of the parking lot, turns out the punks behind the counter went joy-riding in it. The dealership confirmed the car had been red-lined countless times and then jammed into gear, they ended up replacing the motor in the end.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #28
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

I'd be writing a shitty letter to Customer Services at EasyPark demanding my money back for failing to deliver on the service they offered. I know it's only $4, but it's the principal of it all!!

On a side note, I must say, a few weeks ago a guy on a wheel chair crossed the street against the pedestrian lights downtown, at night, and I ended up clipping him with my car, I felt like crap ... but it wasn't my fault.

The cops came, and they were actually really great, they could have been all crappy and nasty about the whole thing, but they were great with everyone. I know that it doesn't help you, but I really needed their help that night and they came through really well, so there's some good guys out there. And my clear bra protected the paint perfectly !!
      12-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #29
Cooldaddygroove
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

1Ronnie - funny.......sick, but funny...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #30
Yobuster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Sedona Red

Woah that's rough. I feel sorry for you dude. Yeah usually when cars get broken into, not much help is available. And just remember those security guards and people like that are just jealous of your ride because they can't get it themselves.

As for the VPD, there are good ones and bad ones. I've seen my fair share of bad ones and good ones.

Just be careful of where you park and never leave anything out in the open.

Also, could also be a case of road rage. I've heard of stories where they follow you to the mall and then damage your car as payback.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #31
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobuster View Post
And just remember those security guards and people like that are just jealous of your ride because they can't get it themselves.
Seems like I've got myself a new BFF when it comes to that security guard.

I parked there on the weekend & the same dude was there. After a somewhat animated 'discussion' he's now totally polite, courteous & attentive.

He even offered me some advice about how to avoid getting targeted next time.

- park on the lower floors as the thieves usually prefer the upper level as they can escape faster.

- park away from the stairs & exits for the same reason.

- park on the ends of rows where there's more general traffic.

oh well!

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 01:20 AM   #32
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

God that's such a sad story...... makes me wish there was a way to avoid things like that forever. Sure the 1er isn't the most expensive car out there but damn it! It's a fine car and stuff happenling like that just ain't right!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2008, 02:08 AM   #33
deeb
boss.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

You gotta be kidding me.

A very similar story with me minus the majority of that hassle. Passenger side window smashed under robson and howe which is basically beside pacific centres underground.

Not much stolen though about $50 worth but the damage is over $1500.... did you get any estimates on yours with paint chipped and vinyl scratches?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #34
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
There's about $900 or so of work according to ICBC paperwork.

I've had the window replaced but I'm waiting until the new year to do the scratches & vinyl work.

I'm debating whether to go to Kovac on W 2nd (as recommended by BMW Store) or use Burrard Autostrasse (they did a fantastic job on my Boxster).

Appreciate 0